thinking about main priest in bfa didnt play since start of legin got few questions

when i played disc was mostly during wotlk and during wod i played disc/holy i saw disc change their style from onyl healing to get heals by dmg

i remmber thinking its going to be hard to heal only from dmg so how was it overall?

in bfa disc going to be better then holy or theres clear cut or somthing?
    i just dont want to lvl and play disc when holy is the only viable for mythic raiding...

btw
    for lvling or anything what should i get ready before the expension start?

hope i can get some answers thank you anyway.

Holy has not been the only viable mythic raid spec for Priest since like...WotLK

In fact it's been mostly Disc in raids over Holy for most expansions after that

Quote Originally Posted by Izenhart View Post
    Holy has not been the only viable mythic raid spec for Priest since like...WotLK

In fact it's been mostly Disc in raids over Holy for most expansions after that
    Ya, this normally boils down to the fact that preventing dmg is much better than healing it after it has occurred. They are moving away from that even more so in BFA but even switching that to dmg is pretty critical in dungeons. I personally am going disc as well and its not that hard. You just have to learn when to dps and when to focus on some directed heals (which normally only occurs when players are being bad and standing in fire).