Question Thinking of coming back: shadow priest 8.0 is shit?

I played ONE month of Legion, was several months ago, and thinking of coming back for BFA (for real this time): now I see videos and some texts that shadow priest 8.0 is rather shitty? So maybe its not a good idea to come back if only playing priest?

Deleted
    None of the other 3 top threads of the forum about this subject take your fancy to post in?

Essentially what Clearcut said. The TL;DR portion of it consists of a set group of people claiming this: Numbers wise, Shadow is "Fine". Mechanically, they are in a bad place. The class needed a revamp during beta but there wasn't enough time to fit in the changes Blizzard wants to do. So Blizzard has stated that the revamp will happen in 8.1. Now, if you're willing to live with the current gameplay until then and possibly be irritated by the revamp down the line, it might not be a gamble you're willing to take. If Priest is the only class you're wanting to play then I guess that really sums up where you stand. Just today, beta received a number tuning to much of the classes. Shadow received some buffs to their damage. But again, their toolkit/rotation is what really feels bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    It depends on what you want. If you only care about numbers, then shadow might very well be fine. If you care about a gameplay that feels good and makes sense, you probably should look elsewhere. Or wait for 8.1 and maybe have things fixed. If aesthetics are your thing, then shadow does look very pretty. The spells are cool and void erruption looks amazing. That being said, with the new animation updates to warlock they look great too.

It's also about raid composition, that I'm worried about: now if you tell me by 8.1 it should feel better, that I might do with. But if overall a shadow priest would lose to any other range in a, lets say, 10 men raid, then I would be worried. But then I wouldn't go warlock, as "everyone" only talks about how warlocks are so great, so we can expect oversaturated guilds with locks!

I always liked Hunter, more so for the pet and the movement while fireing though, haven't read much about that class in years though... Thanks to those who answered!

Quote Originally Posted by DiGG View Post
    It's also about raid composition, that I'm worried about: now if you tell me by 8.1 it should feel better, that I might do with. But if overall a shadow priest would lose to any other range in a, lets say, 10 men raid, then I would be worried. But then I wouldn't go warlock, as "everyone" only talks about how warlocks are so great, so we can expect oversaturated guilds with locks!
    Regarding raid competition, it seems that SP will be fine numbers-wise. The gameplay doesn't make sense and you'll feel like mashing your buttons in whatever order, likely get bored fast, but we'll probably be in the top chart. That's up to you.

Warlocks have the advantage of 3 specs. There will never be a tier where all 3 specs are garbage, so your raid slot is kinda booked whatever the type of raid it is, if you know how to manage your 3 specs.
    On the contrary, if the most important encounter of the tier is SP-unfriendly, you'll have to reroll or swap to a healing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    On the contrary, if the most important encounter of the tier is SP-unfriendly, you'll have to reroll or swap to a healing spec.
    Or do the best you can with the skills and abilities you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Onyd View Post
    Or do the best you can with the skills and abilities you have?
    he said: Regarding raid competition