Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Unimplemented New Warlock Casting Animations

All of the casters except for Warlock got their own unique animation suites in Legion, which included new class-specific animations for their combat idle stance, precast, casting, channeling, and various left/right hand instant cast animations. The warlock animations were said to be coming at a later point.

Well, they're in the files now, and have been visible on the wowhead model viewer for months, but for some reason remain unimplemented as of the most recent beta build, except for the precast and cast animations being used for Hand of Gul'dan and Demonbolt.

Here's the new combat idle stance, currently going unused. You can view the others in the wowhead model viewer / dressing room under the "LocReady" prefix. They've got precasts, channels, and even a unique summoning animation that I assume is meant to be used when you summon demons.

I'm not sure if they're perhaps technically unfinished, or if they'll in fact be activated in the 8.0.1 live build, or if Blizzard just forgot to hook them up in-game for some reason, but they're not active in the beta and the patch is two days away, so I thought posting this here would maybe raise awareness.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-07-16 at 02:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm not sure if they're perhaps technically unfinished, or if they'll in fact be activated in the 8.0.1 live build, or if Blizzard just forgot to hook them up in-game for some reason, but they're not active in the beta and the patch is two days away, so I thought posting this here would maybe raise awareness.
    No idea, but I'm feeling kind of jobbed with us not getting them still. Warlocks are people too.

Yeah I'm really bummed as well that they're still not implemented.

But don't worry, Blizzard doesn't hate warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    No idea, but I'm feeling kind of jobbed with us not getting them still. Warlocks are people too.
    To be fair, there is pretty much no class in the game that has received as many visual updates as warlocks.

Deleted
    I'd rather have skulls back in Shadow Bolt and Chaos Bolt first, but yeah - sad that they never implimented the casting poses - still, more interested in what's coming out of my character rather than how they're standing. For the most part the spells look great, but they've lost a lot of the character with them being turned into just particle effects without any of the things that made them unique. I'd honestly rather have old CB by a tiny margin and old SB by a country mile.

Also, CDF, lul.

Creating a new set of animations for us to oggle and then never implement them! So cruel lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    To be fair, there is pretty much no class in the game that has received as many visual updates as warlocks.
    All the other casters, save holy paladins, got theirs in Legion with the animations we've still yet to have implemented.

I dont know about you guys but i'm pretty sure they are implemented? Look at Demonbolt? I havent saw that animation before?

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    I dont know about you guys but i'm pretty sure they are implemented? Look at Demonbolt? I havent saw that animation before?
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamzi View Post
    Spell animations are in. Casting animations are not.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    Spell animations are in. Casting animations are not.
    I mean the casting animations, the new animation to cast demonbolt is new isnt it? Ive not saw that one before. It looks like the bloof elf one in the pic ?
    Last edited by Yamzi; 2018-07-19 at 09:54 AM.

Those poses just sux we have the best animations in game dont cry

Deleted
    The animations are on Demo Hand of Guldan and Demonbolt.

However they are nowhere to be seen on Destro and Affli.

Sad really how we got nothing...

15+ Year Old Account
    What is that set!?

Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    What is that set!?
    I believe it's the robe from the Mythic Blackrock Foundry set, the one with the felfire shoulders that look like Gul'Dan.

Deleted
    On tonight’s QA Ion answered my question (Phoebos) about casting animations...
    Wasn’t what I expected... (see mmo’s first page)

10+ Year Old Account
    From the developer Q&A:

Spell Animations
    The team is looking to expand the custom casting animations. Warlocks have a couple right now.

The animations ARE in the game, but they DO NOT work for main spells like Shadowbolt etc. Demonbolt uses the new animations, as do the summons.

Demonbolt isn't even finished, nor does it work with green fire.

Soulfire doesn't even have an animation that's not a vanilla pyroblast.

Drain Soul still outdated as hell.