Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lock main, mage alt for security.

I thought I was gonna play ele shaman, with the playstyle seems to be veeery slow at 120, not gonna wait for 8.1 for some "changes", so probably will play either hunter or mage, I don't care about specs as I like all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    leveled a demon hunter in beta. I used to main a druid. Leveling as a druid is pretty damned easy. Lets just say, demon hunter decimated that barometer for me. Havent had so much fun and ease of leveling ever.

In the land of no flying, glide is king.
    I like DH in theory, but as Horde i'd have to play BELF and I can't reconcile that :P

Almost certainly my outlaw rogue (out of stubbornness even though I firmly miss my artifact ability it's still playable...) for alliance and my WW monk (almost entirely intact functionality wise, it's a miracle!) for horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Axaion View Post
    I like stabbing stuff, so im gonna stick with what worked since always...

Rogue. (everyone pls turn on pvp flag, thanks.)
    So they have this thing called a pvp server where you're always flagged. I'd suggest coming over to ally side on Illidan server so I can rip you a new one, but considering we have something like a 9:1 horde to ally ratio last I checked I highly recommend you just join a server in our battle group. Thank bliz for cross-server phasing

- - - Updated - - -

I don't see why spirit can't just rejuvenate resources either, instead of just mana. I feel like this game sometimes lacks imagination...in reality intellect, agility, and strength are all traits that benefit all fighters..not sure why it should be different in WoW. The more unique things are the most interesting they are. I'd rather complete the stat squish by also squishing away similar traits(like agility being replaced by strength and haste being renamed agility). Haste acts like a half and half stat, sort of like versatility, for melee(weapon speed is faster and resources like runes regenerate quicker). As it stands spirit is the only stat that purely regenerates resources and it only works for casters, why not make it a stat that just allows you to generate resources quicker(rage, runes, energy, focus, mana, etc)? Now we've just taken something that's already implemented and added some flavor to the game. Even better would be to make stats equal to each other point for point in terms of a DPS race, allowing people to truly express themselves through their gear choices. In that case the difference between classes in absolute terms does get a bit slimmer, but it also means more varied gameplay overall for the playerbase.

At the end of the day all I can afford to care about before anything else is "what is my stat priority based on what is mathematically superior for throughput" - for healers gear decisions can be a bit more dynamic - do I want haste for throughput, spirit for regen or crit for a mix? Mastery is also usually a great throughput option, but less so than haste(although haste also means draining your mana pool quicker), so mastery is another in-between stat when considering the balance between needing to conserve mana and keep everyone topped off.
    Last edited by patrik9321; 2018-07-19 at 11:48 PM.

Mage. Then wait for 8.1 Shaman changes

Since I want to have both ranged and melee dps for my main the only two classes I can choose between is Shaman and Druid. I used to really like Balance druid back in the day, but I'm really not a huge fan of the playstyle either in Legion or BfA. Feral can be fun but I think it gets quite stale in the long run. Shaman has always been my main and I just love the bursty feel of the class. The only class I could ever see replace my Sham would be Monk if they ever decided to create a new ranged dps spec for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Management View Post
    Since I want to have both ranged and melee dps for my main the only two classes I can choose between is Shaman and Druid. I used to really like Balance druid back in the day, but I'm really not a huge fan of the playstyle either in Legion or BfA. Feral can be fun but I think it gets quite stale in the long run. Shaman has always been my main and I just love the bursty feel of the class. The only class I could ever see replace my Sham would be Monk if they ever decided to create a new ranged dps spec for them.
    Hunter now fullfill Melee + Range also , have you thought about it? Just genuinely curious.

the usual - start with druid (resto+boom) and then level up the rest of the healers.
    and basically swap "mains" each patch

Deleted
    I will stick with my hunter, I always will be Markmanship. I don't like BM, will probably use it for leveling though. Survival might be a fun go to when I get bored of MM, but I guess I won't. Besides that, I have a mage/druid/WW monk that might become my alt. Probably going for druid, also cause of the benefit when farming !

Rogue, for sure. Always been Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by patrik9321 View Post
    So they have this thing called a pvp server where you're always flagged. I'd suggest coming over to ally side on Illidan server so I can rip you a new one, but considering we have something like a 9:1 horde to ally ratio last I checked I highly recommend you just join a server in our battle group. Thank bliz for cross-server phasing
    >So they have this thing called a pvp server where you're always flagged.

No they dont, not any more

>come over!

Im in EU, only reason i moved from my old 9:1 horde alliance ratio server (im alliance.) was because the entire cluster for that server was dead.

Shrug

Deleted
    Priest, all specs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcadine View Post
    Hey!

I've had a very difficult time trying to decide what class I want to main in the start of BfA - including pre-patch.

It would be great to hear some thoughts from you what you're going to main/have as alt/PvP as/PvE as and why!
    I've currently based most of my decision-making on the combination of PvP/PvE, and then which race that would mean for me in terms of in-game feel.

So, post what you're choosing and your thoughts!
    Looked at DH (current main) but it's most fun factors (to me) suffered blows - eye beam and spirit bomb builds. Still on the list.

Looked at ex main - monk, but it's still not going to be a good m+ pug tank and that's what I will play due to limited time for raiding. Off the list.

Looked at DK and it's still the slow glacier it was. Still on the list but I really love more mobile classes.

Looked at paladin and it looks okish (at least as belf to have that offensive dispell!), especially new ret animations, but just like DK - slow butt. Still on the list.

Looked at warrior and it looks fun. Jump around, charge, intercept, shout - the barbarian as it should be. Especially as tauren or orc. Never mained it before, have no memories with it.

Looked at ex main druid and it's just meh to tank with. Off the list even though it has all specs and great open world utility.

It's now between DH, warrior and sometimes leaning towards paladin and DK. My issue is though that after playing them all for some time and looking at all known azerite stuff and trinkets they all just don't tickle my pickle. Compared to Legion - not at all. Sad times.

Lock and shaman do but ... no tank specs = no go for me. Love tanking.
    Last edited by mmoc806dd679c9; 2018-07-20 at 09:22 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    My warlock, probably. But I'm still mulling over whether to use my shadow priest.
    I'm a crazy taco.

Deleted
    I'm still torn between mage and hunter. Warlock also somewhat in consideration, but probably not as my main.

Gonna stick with Rogue. It's been my main since Vanilla.

Deleted
    I think there will be a LOT of Warlocks at launch.

For myself, I am still undecided. Maybe a healer for once, but I wouldn't know which one yet.