VDH leveling legendaries for BfA?

So, has anyone given any thought to which legendaries would be best for leveling? Perhaps someone with beta access has even done some testing?
    My thinking is that Sephuz is probably a must-have with the movement speed bonus, but I'm not sure about the second. Do we know if the craftable boots actually work? Would be insane having flying wisp-form, or at least the 25% movement speed.

Off the top of my head, I'd probably say that Sephuz + Kiljaeden's Burning Wish would be a good place to start. You'd have the movement speed buff + a pretty potent AOE burst.

If primary stats are becoming more valuable than secondary stats AND leveling as a tank is consistent with how it was in Legion, you won't need much in the way of survival legendaries, so that will take a number of them out of the running, particularly stat sticks like Prydaz. If all of the above holds true, you may simply want the AGI that comes from something like an armor piece or trinket, and that's the case, consider running both legendary trinkets for their on-use effects + hefty AGI gains. Even if their on-use abilities stop at 115, presumably stats are stats and I would guess that the AGI + stats on both of those trinkets would hold up rather well after 115.

Interesting, I would expect movement speed increases to give more benefits than just damage. It's a tough call, and not one which can be made without a lot of testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    kj burning wish is definite.

As to movement speed, sephuz or boots.

For more damage, if you are going with soul cleave (over soul bomb), then soul of slayer w/feast. If not, then archimonde's hatred reborn for another aoe bomb that actually gives a fairly beefy shield and survivability. That will give you both trinket spots up. Though, if it was given an internal cd to match kj, then take kj over this. (wasnt the last time i used both)

Need to remember, the faster the mobs die, and specially in large aoe packs, the faster you can move on.

hey there,
    from my beta experince and by leveling my DH as tank from 110-120 -
    my DH ilvl is 970 , pulling all mobs and killing them was extremly easy , soloing 3man rares quests was also easy,
    you start to slow down abit at around 118 but still pretty smooth till 120.
    there is TONS of quests are just go to X and kill Y mobs , most of the time i pulled around 10+ mobs and aoed them down.
    KJ trinket is gonna be rly rly good unless its gonna get nerf,
    for survivability you really dont need anything as DH tank, hell i didnt even needed to use demon spike while i pulled 10+mobss from 110-116
    just get legs that give u AOE dmg or movment speed
    just 1 note - archimonde trinket helped me allot at around 118+ i dont think i could of made crazy pulls and survive without it at 118-120

10+ Year Old Account
    So how does Veng trigger Sephuz on mobs that don't actually cast while leveling?

Only ability I'm seeing is our AoE fear on a 1.5m CD and Imprison on 45s cd unless I'm missing something.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I prefer KJ and the leathercrafter one that turns you into an owl for increased movement speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    So how does Veng trigger Sephuz on mobs that don't actually cast while leveling?

Only ability I'm seeing is our AoE fear on a 1.5m CD and Imprison on 45s cd unless I'm missing something.
    Isn't SoM only a 1 min cd? 48s with Quickened. Imprison is on a 45s cooldown. Consume magic for dispels, disrupt for casters, and no idea if chains/silences would proc it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Isn't SoM only a 1 min cd? 48s with Quickened. Imprison is on a 45s cooldown. Consume magic for dispels, disrupt for casters, and no idea if chains/silences would proc it.
    They nerfed it 2 days ago to 1.5m.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain

They nerfed it 2 days ago to 1.5m.
    Ah, that's annoying. Could always just take fel eruption to keep the sephuz procing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Ah, that's annoying. Could always just take fel eruption to keep the sephuz procing.
    Good idea, forgot about that one. 30s CD so aligns perfectly with Sephuz.

Fel Eruption doesn't exist anymore... It got replaced by Charred Flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Fel Eruption doesn't exist anymore... It got replaced by Charred Flesh.
    I need to stop assuming BFA talent calculators are up to date, apparently. When did it change?

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyway, this whole subject is moot to me since I plan on leveling as Havoc. There's no point in leveling as Veng when Havoc does it more efficiently.

Anyway, this whole subject is moot to me since I plan on leveling as Havoc. There's no point in leveling as Veng when Havoc does it more efficiently.
    I'm not sure havoc does it more efficiently when geared VDH is capable of globaling packs of mobs the exact same way Havoc is. It's a wash and would come down to seconds, and not minutes for which would win that race.