Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stellarus View Post
    Oh look. Blizzard autism at it again! lol
    I assume it's because they don't want people paying other people to stream them WoW.

I.E, your computer can't run WoW at super fancy high def graphics and you can't afford a new computer, so someone runs a service where they let you play WoW through the cloud.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    what exactly is cloud gaming?
    It is when you use a third party service or provider to get a PC running in a server farm somewhere, with a gfx card and resources, along with Windows installed, primarily to be used for playing games. You rent/subscribe to the service and get a machine dedicated for yourself. You then connect to it remotely. Everything is streamed to you as video, and your keyboard and mouse are sent to the remote computer and is used as input for the game. Its playing remotely on very powerful computers. Like an At-home lan cafe. You could get powerful computers with GTX1080 or better graphics cards for about 65 cents per hour, or a monthly fee of $20-$30 a month. Its can be cost effective and easier to manage for people that cant' spend a lot of money on computer parts or gaming PCs, and lets people with weak computers, tablets, or phones play their games too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Can any of this shit be doing stuff that Blizzard can detect without us knowing or realizing it?
    Well basicly yes. Your keypresses are send to third party which is sending them to Blizzard. There is a possibility for bots being undetected and that's the reason why blizzard is doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I assume it's because they don't want people paying other people to stream them WoW.

I.E, your computer can't run WoW at super fancy high def graphics and you can't afford a new computer, so someone runs a service where they let you play WoW through the cloud.
    You still have to use your own wow account, so that's not it (and that goes for all the games). I honestly don't understand this decision, as far as I know Blizzard is the first to limit this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You still have to use your own wow account, so that's not it (and that goes for all the games). I honestly don't understand this decision, as far as I know Blizzard is the first to limit this.
    I presume you'd give them account info and they'd stream it for you.

Terrible idea? Yes. But that doesn't mean Blizzard wont try and head it off, seeing as the potential model I outlined both compromises account safety AND allows another party to profit off of their game by offering a streaming service.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I presume you'd give them account info and they'd stream it for you.

Terrible idea? Yes. But that doesn't mean Blizzard wont try and head it off, seeing as the potential model I outlined both compromises account safety AND allows another party to profit off of their game by offering a streaming service.
    You misunderstand what it is, you're basically just remoting to a computer, it's basically no different then when you do it for a job, but instead you're remoting to a gaming computer. You don't "give them your account info"

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no cure for being a cunt. I used this service on my girlfriend's pc, now she's going to need an actual pc to play.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

This is a bummer I had recently gotten a month of Nvidias version to try and was curious how it would work out. Glad i didn't fire it up and waste the time and catch locked account for a few weeks at the same time.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    There is no cure for being a cunt. I used this service on my girlfriend's pc, now she's going to need an actual pc to play.
    ya, its a real shame, and I was using the same thing for my wife, so she could play on the go when we visit my parents and such. It worked really well on her on-the-go laptop with little power. Played ESO and WoW on it. I might have to keep an eye on ESO's EULA to make sure she doesn't get banned there. She has a full fledged 17in monster gaming laptop at home, so it wont effect her as much as it does me, as I got rid of all my gaming computers and hardware in favor of services like Parsec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its pretty similar to TeamViewer.

But i do find it stupid to ban over this. Its not like they gona stop bots. Not to mention it gives more people a option to play.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    You misunderstand what it is, you're basically just remoting to a computer, it's basically no different then when you do it for a job, but instead you're remoting to a gaming computer. You don't "give them your account info"
    The part they dislike is that you could (not that people are) remote someone else's computer by paying them to use it to play WoW.

I.E, someone is profiting off their game.
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

The part they dislike is that you could (not that people are) remote someone else's computer by paying them to use it to play WoW.

I.E, someone is profiting off their game.
    I mean.... people pay to use a computer to play wow all the time, ever heard of an internet cafe?

I usually connect from my laptop when on vacation or from my weak office pc to my home PC using Splashtop Remote Desktop, any idea if that's gonna be against the rules?

15+ Year Old Account
    These services probably haven't secured the rights or worked out agreements with Blizzard to host their applications so for now they are banned. It's probably more of a business and security decision then not wanting players to use cool technology.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    I usually connect from my laptop when on vacation or from my weak office pc to my home PC using Splashtop Remote Desktop, any idea if that's gonna be against the rules?
    That office PC won't be located on a subnet inside of the cloud services they aren't allowing so you should be fine.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Eh, that's good for me. I don't get why they'd outlaw the usage of cloud services to play WoW tho, just makes them lose subscribers in the long run.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Can any of this shit be doing stuff that Blizzard can detect without us knowing or realizing it?

Also does this include streaming the game via the steam link so I can play it on my Television?
    It would be pretty easy to detect. All those services will have a subnet or IP address range they can look for. Anyone coming from this range could be flagged for investigation and then suspended.

If you're streaming to your TV the IP address will still come from your home PC.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

My guess is that it makes cheating and hacking claims basically undecidable if both attacker and player happen to use the services. Blizzard loves to keep location and hw/sw data of its users for "security reasons".

Douche move, it's the future in any regard, whether blizz likes it or not. My guess is that by 2030, majority of games will be streamed, not ran on the pc.

10+ Year Old Account
    So was this being used to circumvent bot detection or something else?
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

Deleted
    I tried LiquidSky recently so that I did not need to purchase a new laptop when traveling to run BfA, Legion just about plays on it and my desktop is a beast so I thought it would be pointless to own both when I barely travel anyway. There are replies on a specific thread from THIS month from various Game Masters saying it was fine to use the cloud service from them. Have I misread your post about the EULA change being on June 1st because if not, the Game Masters can be accounted for if you get a ban when they have said it was fine to use, surely?

Not sure I can link or quote stuff from their website here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    what exactly is cloud gaming?
    1. A company installs WoW on their high-end computer at their company.
    2. You pay them a monthly fee, and you can connect to it remotely to play from home.
    3. All your mouse and button clicks are sent through the internet to the computer which processes it and moves your character accordingly.
    4. The on-screen results are sent back through the internet to you and displayed on your screen.

If you have a high speed internet connection, it can be nearly flawless. You could buy a $200 chromebook and play WoW in this way.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.