Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    IMHO It's an extension of their blanket ban of redirecting their network protocols. Which has been part of the EULA / ToU / ToS for years.

- - - Updated - - -

For players on the EU realms the European version of the EULA has not been updated with the cloud gaming bans.

Your fine for the moment.
    ah, great find! game is working perfectly atm. hope they sort it out for the wrongfully affected.
    From Ancient Terra the Emperor commands His Proud Sons.
    From revered Blood-stock these Warriors are made His Proud Sons.
    No fear they shall know as Adeptus Astartes, His Proud Sons.

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Makes no sense. Sure, someone somewhere is maybe using this to bot, but it's the technology of the future that will get more and more popular. How can they ban for this? It's pure idiocy
    We're talking blizzard here. They're regularly caught behind the times with their pants down. Just look at DOTA...originally a mod for their own game! They could have had everything LoL and DOTA 2 have but instead came out with a many years late dota frankenstein game.

They'll figure this out way way after its used by every second gamer in the world and they've handed out tons of bullshit bans to regular gamers, further denting the wow population. *shrug* Just blizzard doing blizzard things. Luckily for me I have no need for game streaming.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    That's not how software licences work. Just because someone has a valid user licence doesn't mean you as a corporate entity can just install the game for use, regardless if the player has an account or not. The EULA is an END USER licence agreement, which allows you the use of the software. The company isn't the END USER and therefore doesn't have a licence with to use the software. In these cases you need explicit permission from the developer/publisher which most of the times, due to the fact that they indirectly use the software to make money, involves a licence permitting commercial use of the software.
    No it isn't.
    Even if you were to believe these fake contracts all the WoW player is doing is renting out a computer that's somewhere else.
    It's like being at college and having a really long monitor wire to your dorm room.

Nvidia should sue them for interfering in their business.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffyman View Post
    No it isn't.
    Even if you were to believe these fake contracts all the WoW player is doing is renting out a computer that's somewhere else.
    It's like being at college and having a really long monitor wire to your dorm room.

Nvidia should sue them for interfering in their business.
    I agree when it comes to streaming yourself, as you are using your own hardware, but when it's a 3rd party running the software, things change.

Quote Originally Posted by elfispresley View Post
    I wonder if we in the EU are safe from this, as there's no mention of it in the EU EULA

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/legal/eula
    Yes I can confirm if your playing on the EU realms you are not under the cloud gaming restriction

- - - Updated - - -

Oh this is interesting -

http://kr.blizzard.com/ko-kr/company/legal/eula.html

Has that their EULA was updated on Jan 23 , 2018

And it has the cloud gaming ban verbiage in it.

I wanted to use Geforce Now for my NVidia Shield with Controller leveling experience but guess I don't want to risk it now even when I'm in the EU.

Now i know what they meant by the cloud gaming element.. Interesting idea... I swear I've read that eventually all the developers want to switch over to this style of game, so you can stream it to low powered devices and also it stops other activities like mods, or unofficial addons being installed to make your game play better than it should be like aimbots, etc..

However if people are paying between 20-30 dollars a month to use a service like that, Surely you can get finance on a fairly decent PC spec and pay a similar amount of money a month.... My youngest son needed a new pc as his i3 was a bit slow and we got him an i7+gtx1070, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, 2TB HD and paying £35 a month asnd now he's a happy bunny

Quote Originally Posted by chubbybunny View Post
    Now i know what they meant by the cloud gaming element.. Interesting idea... I swear I've read that eventually all the developers want to switch over to this style of game, so you can stream it to low powered devices and also it stops other activities like mods, or unofficial addons being installed to make your game play better than it should be like aimbots, etc..

However if people are paying between 20-30 dollars a month to use a service like that, Surely you can get finance on a fairly decent PC spec and pay a similar amount of money a month.... My youngest son needed a new pc as his i3 was a bit slow and we got him an i7+gtx1070, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, 2TB HD and paying £35 a month asnd now he's a happy bunny
    The new Geforce Now currently is in beta and is free for NVidia Shield owners which prompted me to try it (so I can hang out on my couch while leveling without using a mouse and keyboard).