Another bold Cash shop move from bioware

Looks like bioware has had even more focus on the cash shop. Remember the old reputations that came from the cash cartel market?

• Binary Star Realty – Stronghold Packs
    • Bounty Supply Company – Bounty Packs
    • The Contraband Resale Corporation – Contraband Packs
    • Esstran Exports – Explorer Packs
    • Freebooter’s Trade Union – Shadow Packs
    • Interplanetary Component Exchange – Starfighter Packs

Well, they are getting combined into one large new rep called "the Underworld Exchange"

You can read about it here:
    https://mmobits.com/2018/07/17/old-c...ne-reputation/

All the old reps will be added together to start your grind (cough) journey in the new rep. So if you were ever max level in even one, you have the rep grind already out of the way. All of the reps from each one will be added together to get your starting rep in the new Underworld exchange. So thats kinda nice for old players, tough money grind for new players unless the RNG boxes drop those reps but I don't think thats happening.

Look like the only way to get this rep is to BUY Ultimate hypercrates and those will have the rep tokens.
    However, to get access to that old gear, mounts, dyes and pets the rep isn't the only problem. Almost all the rep gear requires the Cartel Market Certificates (CMC). Those only drop from the cash shop ultimate hypercrates as well. So it's a double hit to spend cash for the rep and CMCs.

So little content this game gets but man the focus on the cash shop is as strong as ever.
    Last edited by quras; 2018-07-17 at 07:32 PM.

i wish they would invest the same effort on additional classes and story arks :/

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Jesus, is someone still playing SWTOR? I haven't been playing it for a few years when I finished a couple of classes for Republic. Even then there weren't so many players playing the game. But I glad there are some guys on the servers.

Quote Originally Posted by darthkenobi91 View Post
    Jesus, is someone still playing SWTOR? I haven't been playing it for a few years when I finished a couple of classes for Republic. Even then there weren't so many players playing the game. But I glad there are some guys on the servers.
    Servers are fairly low and we are down to two from like 200 (Both of which are on the East coast so sorry West coast - you were an acceptable loss).

BUT there are still a few of us playing. Seems a fair few comeback just for new content but quickly leave again.

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I play on the Star Forge server. Always hundreds of players on the fleet. Planets are active all day and night and very easy to find folks to team up with.
    I never have any problems selling crafted items on the GTN.

Obviously it's not populated like Wow is..or was...but yeah...still plenty of players it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Dasharin View Post
    I play on the Star Forge server. Always hundreds of players on the fleet. Planets are active all day and night and very easy to find folks to team up with.
    I never have any problems selling crafted items on the GTN.

Obviously it's not populated like Wow is..or was...but yeah...still plenty of players it seems...
    One server which doesn't have a high capacity as it is, does not equate to plenty of players. Satele Shan the other NA server is a ghost town as are the european servers. There really isn't that much left in this game and a yellow post today says they won't have a roadmap ready until almost April for 2019. That's just awful for anyone hoping for new content in this game. I unsubbed a few days ago again, there's not much to keep players around.
    Click my referral link for 7 days of free sub time to SWTOR and a starter package: http://www.swtor.com/r/mZNBRj
    Thank you for any referrals!

Quote Originally Posted by Aevic View Post
    One server which doesn't have a high capacity as it is, does not equate to plenty of players. Satele Shan the other NA server is a ghost town as are the european servers. There really isn't that much left in this game and a yellow post today says they won't have a roadmap ready until almost April for 2019. That's just awful for anyone hoping for new content in this game. I unsubbed a few days ago again, there's not much to keep players around.
    Yeah, I saw their update the other day on this and was pretty disappointed. Guess we're likely in for another quiet year with little reason to come back so far, was really hoping they'd come out swinging this year after the rough past few.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    Servers are fairly low and we are down to two from like 200 (Both of which are on the East coast so sorry West coast - you were an acceptable loss).

BUT there are still a few of us playing. Seems a fair few comeback just for new content but quickly leave again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aevic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, I saw their update the other day on this and was pretty disappointed. Guess we're likely in for another quiet year with little reason to come back so far, was really hoping they'd come out swinging this year after the rough past few.
    Quoting you just to have you get flagged.

Disney is apparently quite happy with EA's handling of the Star Wars IP and game development, so as long as SWTOR remains profitable I don't see it going anywhere, which is good and bad. It's been profitable despite shitty support for years now so I'm not convinced it will get much better, but at least we know it won't get shut down.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articl...tar-wars-games

https://screenrant.com/disney-ea-sta...se-not-ending/

Just do a quick google search for Disney Star Wars EA games and you'll find a bunch of links.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Quoting you just to have you get flagged.

Disney is apparently quite happy with EA's handling of the Star Wars IP and game development, so as long as SWTOR remains profitable I don't see it going anywhere, which is good and bad. It's been profitable despite shitty support for years now so I'm not convinced it will get much better, but at least we know it won't get shut down.
    "Iger said the firm has enjoyed "good relationships with some of those we're licensing to", highlighting Electronic Arts as a particularly successful partnership and saying Disney is "probably going to continue" these sort of deals. "

That quote is a bit interesting to me.

While I have no doubt ea is paying Disney nicely for the rights to publish those games. I find it kinda interesting in the way they said probably going to continue these sorts of deals.

One can only hope they allow more than ea a shot of future SW projects. It also doesn't really mention swtor but thats probably due to bioware have little to no connection to Disney other than through ea. As long as ea pays those checks to Disney, why would they rock the boat knowing Disney hasn't done well at the publishing arena anyway. Might as well sit back and just let others take the sales hits and bad PR (aka bf2) while Disney gets the full checks from ea. Yet, I still be Disney had a talk with ea on the whole bf2 fiasco.

I see where Disney is coming from but I'm not sure that means swtor is doing all that great. I also wonder that if ea pulls another weird stunt with their next SW game if those views wont change. Maybe this time, Disney had a solid meeting with ea at some point after bf2 and they patched things up and got ea in line with how disney wants their IP viewed.

Lots of questions here but interesting for sure.
    Last edited by quras; 2019-02-09 at 11:06 PM.