Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

How is it possible for a company as big as Blizzard to still mess up this bad?

After the legendary Diablo 3 Error 37 fiasco, 2-3 pretty messed up WoW launches, a ton of income from WoW subs alone, a substantially diminished number of players alleviating the server load, hardware that should be top of the line or close to it, a ton of testers who test their game and report bugs for free and at least 2 major studios in the world with a WoW team that they've said had been increasing since mists...

What unholy fuck explanation is there to still so many glaring, reported months ago issues on a patch day?
    Do I even want to know the state of BFA?
    Whatever happened to "When it's ready" and pushing back deadlines to ensure this?

Starcraft 1 was delayed like 3 years, and this was a time when Blizzard didn't make around a billlion a year from a subscription fee alone.

Name me one other company that doesn't.

It's a huge patch. Issues occur.

FF14- Current expansion had server instance issues being flooded for quests to the point some servers had to form a line. Servers were even on lockdown due to congestion.

Wildstar- Complete and utter bugged mess on launch.

Rift- Let's not even go there.

GW2- Heart of Thorns had it's fair share of issues come launch day.

The point is there will always be issues no matter what when it comes to a major launch day/big patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Name me one other company that doesn't.

It's a huge patch. Issues occur.
    Guild Wars 2
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Warframe
    The Division
    The Old Republic

I could go on but if you're asking me the question it's like you're not even aware of the level of quality of other games' launches and major patches out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Guild Wars 2
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Warframe
    The Division
    The Old Republic

I could go on but if you're asking me the question it's like you're not even aware of the level of quality of other games out there.
    Wrong on at least 4 out of 5 but ok.

GW2 had issues with HoT.

ESO had issues with Morrowind but were very minor.

Warframe has had recent patches that released very buggy. Specifically Plains of Eidolon was a bit of a mess on PS4/XB1.

SWTOR barely gets any content to be fair so it's hard for it to have issues.

As for Division. Not sure. But that's being retired essentially for Division 2.

At least? Gee, I wonder what at most would be beyond 4/5...compelling arguments too, as usual with your posts.

Guild Wars 2
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Warframe
    The Division
    The Old Republic

I could go on but if you're asking me the question it's like you're not even aware of the level of quality of other games' launches and major patches out there.
    They have less players (TOTAL) to do live playtesting for them than Blizzard.

What unholy fuck explanation is there to still so many glaring, reported months ago issues on a patch day?
    The game has been dying for a few years, so everyone who is even remotely capable of anything has been redirected to other Blizzard games. It's hilarious how people refuse to accept this at all cost, yet it has been obvious from pretty much everything they do.

At least? Gee, I wonder what at most would be beyond 4/5...compelling arguments too, as usual with your posts.
    SWTOR.

Can't have issues if you barely put out content to have issues.

If anything you just picked 5 random games without doing research into said games.

After the legendary Diablo 3 Error 37 fiasco, 2-3 pretty messed up WoW launches, a ton of income from WoW subs alone, a substantially diminished number of players alleviating the server load, hardware that should be top of the line or close to it, a ton of testers who test their game and report bugs for free and at least 2 major studios in the world with a WoW team that they've said had been increasing since mists...

Whatever happened to "When it's ready" and pushing back deadlines to ensure this?

Starcraft 1 was delayed like 3 years, and this was a time when Blizzard didn't make around a billlion a year from a subscription fee alone.
    So you are comparing a patch (big I give you that) to be the same as a stand alone product from 20 years ago? (with those 20 years I mean graphics etc etc systems being easier etc etc).

And honestly the bigger the company the more they (at the top) seem to feel that they can get away with shit like this. I am by no means defending Blizzard. But I do want to say and I say it with a sad face: Welcome to the real world.

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    The game has been dying for a few years, so everyone who is even remotely capable of anything has been redirected to other Blizzard games. It's hilarious how people refuse to accept this at all cost, yet it has been obvious from pretty much everything they do.
    Mate the games been dying since TBC apparently.

And yet here we are 12 years later.

Also nobody has been "redirected" per se. They have set teams for each game. With WoW and Overwatch being their biggest I imagine due to the popularity of said two games.

Blizz is an entitled company.. They know even when they do wrong they will have all of you lapping up their shit and piss they release as a WoW expansion. People on this site know a thing or two about entitlement.

GW2 had issues with HoT.

ESO had issues with Morrowind but were very minor.

Warframe has had recent patches that released very buggy. Specifically Plains of Eidolon was a bit of a mess on PS4/XB1.

SWTOR barely gets any content to be fair so it's hard for it to have issues.

As for Division. Not sure. But that's being retired essentially for Division 2.
    GW2 had some bugs.
    ESO yes, I know, it's why I posted it.
    Warframe, no, you're making shit up.
    SWTOR had several major patches and expansions that went through smoothly.
    Division had at least 3 major patches that all went through smoothly. Your mention of D2 is utterly irrelevant and neither here nor there, as usual with your posts.

- - - Updated - - -

SWTOR.

Can't have issues if you barely put out content to have issues.

If anything you just picked 5 random games without doing research into said games.
    You mean other than playing them almost since launch?

It's called 15+ years of legacy code and a shiton of side effects for everything you touch at a core level.

Deleted

Short answer, because Production/Live environment. Anyone working in a software/gaming development can tell you that updates made to the live environments will sometimes mess things up, especially huge updates. Messed up things that did not occur on the test environments, because unlike test, live doesn't start fresh on cycles or pull only the data it wants, it just has to deal with the data that's there.

As for the messed up launches, as proven in Legion, sharding "fixed" that. Hardware/Software has limitations. Show me big a game that can handle hundreds of players in the same place at the same time.

Also what's the big deal, they're just some minor inconveniences that will get addressed in the following days. You're not going to die because of them or if you don't play wow for a day. Relax.
    Last edited by mmoc99a1d430b1; 2018-07-18 at 11:38 AM.

GW2 had some bugs.
    ESO yes, I know, it's why I posted it.
    SWTOR had several major patches and expansions that went through smoothly.
    Division had at least 3 major patches that all went through smoothly. Your mention of D2 is utterly irrelevant and neither here nor there, as usual with your posts.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean other than playing them almost since launch?
    Actually Plains of Eidolon and the patch after had it's fair share of bugs. Specifically on PS4/XB1.

And yeah Division has been silky smooth I won't deny that. But now it's all about how Division 2 performs for Ubisoft.

I somehow doubt you played them all personally.

it is BECAUSE they are so big, that they have so many issues.

I don't think you've ever even played Warframe. We have new sleek almost on a monthly basis.

10+ Year Old Account

Quite common for fans to notice mistakes when you are an MMO service supplier. Every game have had mess ups, and Blizzard even apologised. And they also told they have many on it.

There is no MMO that has had a complete smooth run.

And apparently Blizzard DIDN'T have a ton of testers. They were in short supply of people at lvl 120 to test certain things.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Short answer, because Production/Live environment. Anyone working in a software/gaming development can tell you that updates made to the live environments will sometimes mess things up, especially huge updates. Messed up things that did not occur on the test environments, because unlike test, live doesn't start fresh on cycles or pull only the data it wants, it just has to deal with the data that's there.
    I work in soft dev and we have a pre-production that's a copy paste of our production environment, it's why we call it pre-prod.

When we have glaring issues on prod deployments it's only because our boss is retarded and makes us commit changes and deploy withour our QAs having time to test properly or our devs having time to implement a well thought out fix, instead we just patch shit left and right.

I work in soft dev and we have a pre-production that's a copy paste of our production environment, it's why we call it pre-prod.

When we have glaring issues on prod deployments it's only because our boss is retarded and makes us commit changes and deploy withour our QAs having time to test properly or our devs having time to implement a well thought out fix, instead we just patch shit left and right.
    Yeah I somehow doubt your "pre-prod" software issues are down to your boss alone. Bugs happen. No matter what.

Not a single MMORPG has had a huge launch without bugs.