Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Larger teams are notoriously harder to work with than small teams. They also recently doubled their team with people who presumably don't have 14 years of mmo experience at Blizzard.

You're just being sour and looking for a target and putting your feelings above rational thought.
    The rational thought is they fucked up and they continuously fuck up. If it isn't US with issues it's EU with issues. Being a white knight and pretending Blizzard doesn't fuck up doesn't help anything and it makes them think that they can continue to program shit processes to incorporate huge changes(for the record anyone who actually went to college for technical engineering would know that trying to run a single process on a large scale would fuck up a lot of other systems when it's attempting to mass run the same process with hundreds of thousands of players trying to all log in at the same time).

It's very clear that Blizzard is lazy and people defending them need to stop otherwise it's going to keep happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Looks like they fixed Val'shara and profession bugs, but dungeons are still incompletable due to the broken scaling.
    Which dungeons? So far the only ones i've had severe problems with are Auchenai crypts with the Watcher and Jade temple with the Yaungol's that just AoE the living shit out of you.

- - - Updated - - -

Hahaha.

People are still using the "doubled team size" as an excuse? That was the excuse you morons used during WoD.

You're an apologist that will find and use any excuse when in reality this is a multi-billion dollar company with the biggest team it's ever had. With 14 years experience.

Why defend a company that just wants your money and has repeatedly failed over and over?
    You've been crying about Blizzard since 2015, when are you gonna wipe your eyes and move on?

I red the post, got ready to tear him a new one because he is so HORRIBLY WRONG before i realized he was already banned for being not the brightest. Shame.

But in all seriousness i feel like a lot of people fail to understand the purpose of a pre-patch. Because its kind of exactly that right now. Never play on patchday is a phrase used in all MMOs and in all MMOs for a reason, because they tend to have a nightmare-infrastructure you would rather not mess with, but you kind of can't avoid it to keep your game running and fix issues. That a patch with large changes causes tons of glaring issues is entirely normal and prepatches are supposed to cause these now than when the actual lunch happens. Or is anyone seriously trying to tell me that whatever they could not do in the past two years till right before the pre-patch as to be done NOW in that month that does not even count as part of Legion? Some people just like to complain... But i guess these people can play one of the other succesfull MMOs like Guild Wars 2, .... ...uh... Guild Wars 2 and... ...TeSO i guess? ...

Hahaha.

People are still using the "doubled team size" as an excuse? That was the excuse you morons used during WoD.

You're an apologist that will find and use any excuse when in reality this is a multi-billion dollar company with the biggest team it's ever had. With 14 years experience.

Why defend a company that just wants your money and has repeatedly failed over and over?
    You are cute. Can i adopt you so i can tie you up on the road and abandon you when going on vacation? I get it, you know? You quit wow some years ago and now you can't deal with the fact some people actually dare to still enjoy it, which is apparently somehow enough to keep everything running just fine without any interruption. How could they do that to you... But tone it down a notch?
    Last edited by SoundOfGuns; 2018-07-22 at 10:50 PM.
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha.

Actually all of legion launches were huge successes.

The past expansion was the smoothest launch in history, with consecutive patches being smoother than all prior patches also in its history.

This pre-patch definitely is a bump in the road, but im not cancelling my pre-order because of it, I barely have played it since I was on beta/ptr, so the issues didn't affect me at all.

If we have issues on launch ill QQ a bit, but otherwise meh, rather have them now then later.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    The rational thought is they fucked up and they continuously fuck up. If it isn't US with issues it's EU with issues. Being a white knight and pretending Blizzard doesn't fuck up doesn't help anything and it makes them think that they can continue to program shit processes to incorporate huge changes(for the record anyone who actually went to college for technical engineering would know that trying to run a single process on a large scale would fuck up a lot of other systems when it's attempting to mass run the same process with hundreds of thousands of players trying to all log in at the same time).

It's very clear that Blizzard is lazy and people defending them need to stop otherwise it's going to keep happening.
    Stopped reading. If you can't disagree with anybody without calling them whiteknight then you have no business on a forum. Go back to braincels.

Pre patch break things.

It's a given, when you have a game as old as wow with as much spaghetti code you get strange things that happen when code is introduced to the live servers rather than the relatively clean beta ones.

Games will be games and as others have said at least it's during pre-patch.

Quote Originally Posted by hazzlehoof View Post
    Which dungeons?
    Scarlet Halls, the Rook Keep, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kul Tiras View Post
    Guild Wars 2
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Warframe
    The Division
    The Old Republic

I could go on but if you're asking me the question it's like you're not even aware of the level of quality of other games' launches and major patches out there.
    ESO - i agree, no real major things
    Warframe - not an mmo, dont even go there.
    The Division - also not an mmo...
    The old republic - did you even play the game? One of the buggiest mmo's in history, i played that game hardcore, loved how the first boss in the first raid instance sometimes bugged in hardmode så you couldnt change to normal.

Deleted
    After the legendary Diablo 3 Error 37 fiasco, 2-3 pretty messed up WoW launches, a ton of income from WoW subs alone, a substantially diminished number of players alleviating the server load, hardware that should be top of the line or close to it, a ton of testers who test their game and report bugs for free and at least 2 major studios in the world with a WoW team that they've said had been increasing since mists...

What unholy fuck explanation is there to still so many glaring, reported months ago issues on a patch day?
    Do I even want to know the state of BFA?
    Whatever happened to "When it's ready" and pushing back deadlines to ensure this?

Starcraft 1 was delayed like 3 years, and this was a time when Blizzard didn't make around a billlion a year from a subscription fee alone.
    Stop crying like little baby. Does this crush your life? Wanted to kill yourself? Srsly people cry lately about every little thing like it was end of the world. What happen, Yuo couldnt play for 1-2 days or what? Don't like it cancel subsriction. People are so soft these days, I recon some good apocaylse would make some nice natural selection.

Quote Originally Posted by hazzlehoof View Post
    Which dungeons? So far the only ones i've had severe problems with are Auchenai crypts with the Watcher and Jade temple with the Yaungol's that just AoE the living shit out of you.

- - - Updated - - -

You've been crying about Blizzard since 2015, when are you gonna wipe your eyes and move on?
    He can't. He is one of the hopelessly addicted people he claims those of us who enjoy the game are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I red the post, got ready to tear him a new one because he is so HORRIBLY WRONG before i realized he was already banned for being not the brightest. Shame.

But in all seriousness i feel like a lot of people fail to understand the purpose of a pre-patch. Because its kind of exactly that right now. Never play on patchday is a phrase used in all MMOs and in all MMOs for a reason, because they tend to have a nightmare-infrastructure you would rather not mess with, but you kind of can't avoid it to keep your game running and fix issues. That a patch with large changes causes tons of glaring issues is entirely normal and prepatches are supposed to cause these now than when the actual lunch happens. Or is anyone seriously trying to tell me that whatever they could not do in the past two years till right before the pre-patch as to be done NOW in that month that does not even count as part of Legion? Some people just like to complain... But i guess these people can play one of the other succesfull MMOs like Guild Wars 2, .... ...uh... Guild Wars 2 and... ...TeSO i guess? ...

You are cute. Can i adopt you so i can tie you up on the road and abandon you when going on vacation? I get it, you know? You quit wow some years ago and now you can't deal with the fact some people actually dare to still enjoy it, which is apparently somehow enough to keep everything running just fine without any interruption. How could they do that to you... But tone it down a notch?
    He still plays and plays a lot.

- - - Updated - - -

I know it must be hard for you to grasp but some of us actually want the game to be better. I know... SHOCKER.
    And I know it's hard for you to grasp, but some of us actually think the game is better than it used to be. I know...SHOCKER.

all part of blizzards masterplan
    hit & run posting lol

On one hand, I don't really think Blizzard cares about current content so they just want to throw it on live and have a large "beta" for BFA.

On the other, they really should have tested Antorus more extensively since that is going to be the raid most people would be doing, if any. Most issues that took place in there weren't bugs but rather number tuning issue and it should have been something they are well aware of the possibility of between stat squish and removal of artifact weapons. I don't think other activities are more important since it doesn't require a large group and you can usually just set it aside for another time and do something else and still occupy your play night

Because the game is giant and the squish has to change million entries in a database ? Doesn't matter how big the company is. There will always be bugs in patches like this. What matters is how fast they fix them

Deleted
    I think the main problem is that they keep building a new level on a house that's been under constant construction for 14+ years.
    And if that's not enough, they keep cutting holes in the foundation and filling them up again with elements that for which the foundation wasn't originally designed.

So basically, it's a miracle the house still stands and is still liveable at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    He can't. He is one of the hopelessly addicted people he claims those of us who enjoy the game are.
    Rich welfare countries where we handheld every single citizen, no matter how useless they are. Good thing democracy will fall in 50 years. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars 2
    Elder Scrolls Online
    Warframe
    The Division
    The Old Republic

I could go on but if you're asking me the question it's like you're not even aware of the level of quality of other games' launches and major patches out there.
    I take it you didn't play The Division at launch. the worst of the prepatch was still better then the hacking going on back then.

Quote Originally Posted by kraner View Post
    Short answer, because Production/Live environment. Anyone working in a software/gaming development can tell you that updates made to the live environments will sometimes mess things up, especially huge updates. Messed up things that did not occur on the test environments, because unlike test, live doesn't start fresh on cycles or pull only the data it wants, it just has to deal with the data that's there.

As for the messed up launches, as proven in Legion, sharding "fixed" that. Hardware/Software has limitations. Show me big a game that can handle hundreds of players in the same place at the same time.

Also what's the big deal, they're just some minor inconveniences that will get addressed in the following days. You're not going to die because of them or if you don't play wow for a day. Relax.
    You have obviously never worked in a development role before.

Besides, even if that were the case, what's your excuse for things broken in dev/test/beta that wound up still broken in prod? Are you going to blow more of that "that's how software development works" smoke up everyone's asses?

100s of players in the same place at the same time? Are you even playing the same game as everyone else?

7+ Year Old Account
    It brings a certain level of satisfaction when an OP of a post gets banned.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    The same way a company the size of BP messes up. I'm sorry, the size of a corporation does not correlate to the level of perfectionism in humanity that you seem to be searching for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    Oh he did? good. I can stop commenting now. Apparently I got here late

Quote Originally Posted by Geeky View Post
    This

/10chars