Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's better than Legion Ret if only because you don't have to use Crusade. Damage being better outside of wings is great, DP making shit hit harder is really nice. AoE obv feels worse but honestly i'll take it.

Even after the squish the rotation is smooth which is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Why do people want consecration baseline? There are other ways to buff aoe if needed. Consecration works as a tank ability but not much as dps. Completely useless in pvp. Making consecration baseline is a pvp nerf.
    Like? Give examples.

It doesn't have to be completely useless as a PVP ability. War Mode talent could allow it to move with you, and increase the duration/size. Alternatively, a different War Mode talent could allow you to place it remotely and equip it with a powerful snare + slow or something.

You're thinking so one dimensionally.

They did a great job, I love it
    Hammer of salt
    Taking away seals, utility blessings and auras is like taking away totems from shamans, or stealth from rogues

Deleted
    Wait what. There are people who actually enjoy the BFA Ret? You guys actually enjoy watching your character auto attacking and doing nothing, because everything is on cooldown? You really consider that funny and immersive gameplay in AAA MMO in 2018?
    Or you enjoy it just because it is pulling big numbers on single target atm? (you know those will get nerfed, right?)

No matter what talent combination I choose, there are frequent gaps in rotation when everything is on cooldown, nothing proccs, no holy power, so you just auto attack. Even when I started throwing insta-cast FoLs from Selfless healer, just to have some extra button to press, I still had gaps in rotation!

And no, azerite traits will do nothing to help speed up the gameplay, I checked full list in Wowhead and they are all passives, like BoJ has a chance to deal extra X damage etc.

I think every class is going to get some of that. Raided Antorus last night - heroic and reg and it wasnt as bad as I feared it might be - definitely downtime but I never felt like I could go get coffee before something popped
    And shepherds we shall be...

longer cd on combogenerators.
    maintenance selfdebuff drains resources.
    Divine Purpose barely procs.
    Crusade is useless.
    There is only one talent you can "choose" at tier 100.
    AoE is both average and underwhelming.
    Lack of ability priority reminds somewhat of FCFS times.
    Mobility feels even worse than that in Legion, could not pinpoint why and how, yet.
    JV is really, really weak now.
    Lack of certain Artifact traits makes for uncomfortable and dull gameplay at times.
    So far I can not grasp how can people say this version of Retribution is any better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Tenth View Post
    longer cd on combogenerators.
    maintenance selfdebuff drains resources.
    Divine Purpose barely procs.
    Crusade is useless.
    There is only one talent you can "choose" at tier 100.
    AoE is both average and underwhelming.
    Lack of ability priority reminds somewhat of FCFS times.
    Mobility feels even worse than that in Legion, could not pinpoint why and how, yet.
    JV is really, really weak now.
    Lack of certain Artifact traits makes for uncomfortable and dull gameplay at times.
    So far I can not grasp how can people say this version of Retribution is any better.
    Kind of agree with your point about DP. It feels like it's either been nerfed or bugged. But you can't really tell with an RNG spell. Definitely feels like it procs less.
    As for our mobility, you can't really justify saying it's worse because nothing got changed. They increased the CD of Steed and Freedom in beta, but then reverted those changes. So everything is the same. It can't possibly be worse. It's just still bad.

Personally I've tried dungeons and invasion bosses as Ret and I'm not enjoying it. This is reminding me of 7.0, where I should've re-rolled and I didn't. So I was stuck with Ret in Legion and hated it so much. I don't like the downtime (this will still be a thing at 120), I don't like our AoE "rotation", I don't like Inquisition and in fact I can't really point out a single thing I like about the spec.

Deleted
    I have pretty much the same feelings, Yamato. I also regretted maining Ret in Legion. Only stayed with Ret because I was stubbborn, my Ret has been my main since late Wotlk. And they haven't improved anything about Ret in BFA, only nerfs and slowed gameplay.
    Definitely will not be staying with pally as my main in BFA. This weekend I will finally have more free time to test my other characters. Ppl say good things about Fury, maybe I will play that. If all melee speccs (not a fan of ranged) are as slow and boring as Ret, I guess I'll just skip BFA.

I think 8.0 ret has potential. BoW procs feel meaty. DP procs lined up with judgement feel awesome when it works out. Inquisition is fine, though I anticipate DP to be best after raid gear. I am glad divine steeds cd is not 1m per charge. GCD change doesn't feel TOO gross as ret.

Although ST only judgement feels lame. DS projecting was awesome and really is a shame it is gone. Wake of ashes being a talent just means the rest of that tier is worthless because it is the most interesting choice. Consecration being a talent still is dumb. Divine steed CD should be 30 seconds talented, 2 charges baseline.

Visually, I like the new templars verdict. Crusader strike needs alternating animations like other classes. The one animation looks very dull considering it is used so frequently- especially for races that are missing the new animation like BE and draenei. Look at enhancement's stormstrike and see what I mean, it has like 3 animations. Divine storm needs to linger more or something since the projection is gone. Inquisition looks super dated compared to DP procs. Execution sentence sharing hammer of justice animations looks lame. Ret just feels unfinished animationwise compared to many other classes.

But, uh, other than that it works I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only took Ret for a spin on test dummies but I didn't like it. Especially after playing new Arms.

I have no issues with the new RET, but I have always embraced the change, been RET since WoTLK. Legion was my least favorite Ret design though, so Im kinda just happy its different.

AoE feels a little weak. Divine Storm without the Divine Hurricane trait is gonna take a little getting used to too.

No more Judgment window though, so that's good.

I have been trying it out for a few days. It feels like it hits pretty hard, but theres gaps in between where you aren't doing a single thing. I did some dmg meter tests for sustained dmg and found that my marks hunter (which became WAY more boring) does almost 2x the sustained dmg, at about 15 ilvl lower. That's a little rough.

Deleted
    What opening sequence are you using right now?
    I'm trying different things, but I'm not feeling comfortable with any of them!

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something about it feels vapid. Your finishers feel a little chunky but your attacks outside of those just don't have that visceral feeling you get as compared to other classes such as an Arms Warrior. Looks nice but it's somewhat depressing when you open up your meters and see two thirds of your damage is by TV with your auto attacks being the second if you take Zeal on single target.

I like it more for dropping the Judgment mechanic and mastery but I wish they made the builders a little more interesting and relied less on auto attacks.

I was very certain about playing Ret as my main since I benched him in Legion due to the way it played but now I am debating between it an Arms which is strange since Arms is still somewhat built around the CS window which I've never been a fan of before.
    Last edited by Triggered Fridgekin; 2018-08-01 at 06:05 PM.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

10+ Year Old Account
    So i did argus last night with my ret paladin. Felt fine, I personally did not like the legion ret paladin, but after playing the pre patch ret paladin, i literally fell back in love with my paladin. It is what im maining for BFA, Ret and Holy, whatever comes first.

Don't specifically like or dislike it. But I am worried about how viable it is going to be in M+ and RBGS with this poor AoE. I think our single target is fine but our AoE is so incredibly shit that I doubt it's ever worth taking a Ret to high level keys or RBGS.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

5+ Year Old Account
    My Ret Paladin has been my main and first max level character every expansion since TBC. Legion was the first expansion he didn't make it to max level primarily due to the CD they implemented for WoG which gutted his survivability relative to previous expansions (I know we didnt always have WoG either, but we had other means of surviving before that). With the change to Selfless Healer in the prepatch, he now has access to steady self healing again and I am currently leveling him through Stormheim in preparation for 8/14 and loving it! I have Warmode on the whole way and just last night an Alliance DK/Warr duo kept trying to gank me whom I would take care of repeatedly by myself. Towards the end of the night, a lvl 109 Worgen Warr tried to gank me as well and while I thought I was surely a goner due being lvl 103 in Stormheim greens, I ended up beating his face into a pulp with the power of my superior self-healing.

If I was to suggest a single change to make the spec perfect it would be something for mobility. It doesn't even have to be anything super long distance since we already have our insta-mount and tons or survivability, but maybe something like a talent (or baseline even?) that would cause Templar's Verdict to charge a short distance (like 12 yards, similar to the range of Blade of Justice). That would help Ret stay on target and using it already includes a visual with wings so it seems like a perfect candidate for a short range charge slapped onto it.

Talent: Consecrated Storm - After using Divine Storm a second time you have a 35% chance to spawn a consecrated explosion at your feet that does 25% damage and XX dmg after 25secs based on your STR and Holy Power.
    Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2018-08-02 at 05:12 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Author of Details! here, the spell "Light of the Martyr" is still a thing on BfA and it's still causing damage back to the caster?
    "Greater Blessing of Might" still exists? and it still work on the same way?
    thank you guys.