PC Upgrade help; BfA Pre-patch destroyed current build.

Hey guys/girls!

First off, my PC sucks.. I know. But it got the job done and I never saw a need to upgrade. Its well over 10 years old and sucked back then too as I built it myself without knowing much about what I was doing. I only play WoW, I don't stream or do anything besides watch YouTube and game. I'm not playing anything but WoW in the future either. I want to keep as much as I can from what I have and then upgrade the rest. I have a budget of $500-600USD. I'm running 2 HP 1080p monitors. I do not need an extravagent rig. If i can play WoW at medium (5) settings and raid for the next couple xpacs I will be ecstatic. Current PC worked great for me on low (2) settings until the patch last Tuesday.. It's telling me my PC sucks and is out of date and having alot of texture issues and hard lag when im in a group with spells popping off.

Thanks in advance for the help Im not including OS into the price of the budget if its worth upgrading to windows 10.. also i would very much like to have a SSD. I'm not partial to any parts, I just want what's going to get the job done!!

My current PC (Keep what we can, upgrade the rest): $500-600USD Budget -

Case:
    CoolerMaster HAF 932 ATX Full Tower.
    Motherboard: XFX MB750I72P9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz
    CPU Cooler: Some type of Corsair Water Cooling with Radiator on the back of case. H50? maybe.
    RAM: Corsair 4gb DDR2
    Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 7200rpm.
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti.
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w Semi-Modular
    Optical Drive: Some kinda CD/DVD drive.
    Operating System: Windows 7

If i left anything out or you have questions please don't hesitate. Thank you so much for any help, and I'm aware new GPU's are on the horizon but I don't need anything that new anyway.
    Last edited by Unsubtlex; 2018-07-18 at 09:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unsubtlex View Post
    Hey guys/girls!

First off, my PC sucks.. I know. But it got the job done and I never saw a need to upgrade. Its well over 10 years old and sucked back then too as I built it myself without knowing much about what I was doing. I only play WoW, I don't stream or do anything besides watch YouTube and game. I'm not playing anything but WoW in the future either. I want to keep as much as I can from what I have and then upgrade the rest. I have a budget of $500 USD. I'm running 2 HP 1080p monitors. I do not need an extravagent rig. If i can play WoW at medium (5) settings and raid for the next couple xpacs I will be ecstatic. Current PC worked great for me on low (2) settings until the patch last Tuesday.. It's telling me my PC sucks and is out of date and having alot of texture issues and hard lag when im in a group with spells popping off.

Thanks in advance for the help I'm not partial to any parts, I just want what's going to get the job done!!

My current PC (Keep what we can, upgrade the rest): $500USD Budget -

Case:
    CoolerMaster HAF 932 ATX Full Tower.
    Motherboard: XFX MB750I72P9 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 750i SLI
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz
    CPU Cooler: Some type of Corsair Water Cooling with Radiator on the back of case. H50? maybe.
    RAM: Corsair 4gb DDR2
    Hard drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 320GB 7200rpm.
    Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550Ti.
    Power Supply: OCZ ModXStream Pro 700w Semi-Modular
    Optical Drive: Some kinda CD/DVD drive.
    Operating System: Windows 7

If i left anything out or you have questions please don't hesitate. Thank you so much for any help, and I'm aware new GPU's are on the horizon but I don't need anything that new anyway.
    Here's a link to a site that gives the minimum and recommended requirements for running Battle for Azeroth. Check your system against these specs and see what you need to upgrade.

https://www.systemrequirementslab.co...-azeroth/17151

10+ Year Old Account
    Keeping the PSU, hard drive, case, and even the OS.. Would can get away with under 500 and still have a respectable system for WoW. I Would splurge the extra $80 for a 256gb SSD.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($118.90 @ B&H)
    Motherboard: MSI - H310-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($73.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg Business)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card ($184.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $447.87
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

I’ve taken a look at the requirements for BfA but there are thousands of parts and brands between what I have currently and what’s recommended. I haven’t kept up with pc building in years so I would rather have someone knowledgeable recommend a specific list so I’m not spending money on something I don’t need you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Keeping the PSU, hard drive, case, and even the OS.. Would can get away with under 500 and still have a respectable system for WoW. I Would splurge the extra $80 for a 256gb SSD.

PCPartPicker part list

CPU: Intel - Core i3-8100 3.6GHz Quad-Core Processor ($118.90 @ B&H)
    Motherboard: MSI - H310-A PRO ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($73.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Crucial - Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory ($69.99 @ Newegg Business)
    Video Card: MSI - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card ($184.99 @ Amazon)
    Total: $447.87
    Thank you! This is what im looking for.. would i need a cooler for that cpu and is it worth upgrading to Windows 10? I wouldnt include that in the budget.

If you're willing to spend a bit more, this will be better (you can easily OC it to 3.8-4GHz for free extra performance) and it's 'future proof' for a myriad of uses other than WoW so to speak, cause 6cores 12 threads and 16gb of ram.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xWM44q
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xWM44q/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($72.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($64.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC Edition Video Card ($174.99 @ B&H)
    Total: $602.85
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-18 18:19 EDT-0400

R5-1600 comes with a decent cooler, but you can add a something like the Cryorig H7 for ~$35, your H50 most likely doesn't have AM4 brackets, tho you might be able to order them online (not sure).
    later edit: added a SSD
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-07-18 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    If you're willing to spend a bit more, this will be better (you can easily OC it to 3.8-4GHz for free extra performance) and it's 'future proof' for a myriad of uses other than WoW so to speak, cause 6cores 12 threads and 16gb of ram.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xWM44q
    Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xWM44q/by_merchant/

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor ($149.99 @ Amazon)
    Motherboard: MSI - B350M GAMING PRO Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($72.99 @ SuperBiiz)
    Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory ($139.99 @ Newegg)
    Storage: Crucial - MX500 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($64.89 @ OutletPC)
    Video Card: Zotac - GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC Edition Video Card ($174.99 @ B&H)
    Total: $602.85
    Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
    Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-07-18 18:19 EDT-0400

R5-1600 comes with a decent cooler, but you can add a something like the Cryorig H7 for ~$35, your H50 most likely doesn't have AM4 brackets, tho you might be able to order them online (not sure).
    later edit: added a SSD
    Thanks for that.. I’ve taken the suggestions here and researched a bit and i think I’ve come up with a good list of upgrades to freshen up this old, tired PC :-)

I decided to go with an i3-8100, B360 mobo, 1050ti, 8gb ram, 250gb SSD, keeping the power supply, case and cd drive. Can’t wait to see the difference it makes