Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Something for the Artifact collectors to chase.

RIFT 4.5: Hotfix #7 8/8/2018

EVENTS

SHINY SHENANIGANS

Get in-game and collect as many shinies as you can! Shiny Shenanigans runs from Wednesday, August 8 until Wednesday, August 15, 2018.
    Sources: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5361739

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ml#post5361740

10+ Year Old Account

Time to take a trip back to six years ago, the Saga of the Wanton Maw comes to Prime and with level cap still at 50 some of the steps in this will be hard, very hard. Same goes for Rise of the Phoenix now on Prime, with no Legendary abilities and weapons it should be a walk in the park, at least it'll count towards planar XP for Tier 2 of PA.

RIFT 4.5: Hotfix #8 8/15/2018
    == PRIME: VIGIL PATCH NOTES ==

ITEMS

Tier 2 Lesser Essences have been greatly reduced in cost.
    Tier 2 Synergy Crystals can now be found on the synergy crystal vendors in Sanctum and Meridian.

PLANAR ATTUNEMENT

The second tier of Planar Attunement is now unlocked!

QUESTS

Players can now embark on the Saga of the Wanton Maw! See Adept Dinoce in Meridian or Corporal Riltas in Sanctum to begin.

RAIDS

Rise of the Phoenix – a Tier 2 Raid Sliver – is now open!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ml#post5362201

Before the 'concerned' posters jump in and voice their 'concerns' about lack of content, let me just pre-empt your concerns:

The team is working on stuff but we just can't share anything in regards to Live news yet.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ml#post5362280

I have no idea why all the secrecy, a few hints or throw a bone to us players would be nice but it's their decision to keep stuff under wraps.

RIFT 4.5: Hotfix #9 8/16/2018
    == LIVE SERVER NOTES ==

ITEMS

An issue that was preventing owners of the previous Ashen Greathoud mount from buying any Greathound mounts has been corrected.
    The dimension Fox Pack has been fixed so it can properly swap between the two settings.
    The new Dog Days dimension NPCs are now giftable.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5362292

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Before the 'concerned' posters jump in and voice their 'concerns' about lack of content, let me just pre-empt your concerns:
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-prim...ml#post5362280

I have no idea why all the secrecy, a few hints or throw a bone to us players would be nice but it's their decision to keep stuff under wraps.
    I mean dude...it's been almost a full year since the last content update, since last I recall 4.4 didn't actually add anything to live. The fact that we're 10 months out from that patch and they're still being so secretive is deeply concerning. It makes it hard to believe anyone is really left actually creating content for the live server rather than all being moved over to work on the Prime server.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I mean dude...it's been almost a full year since the last content update, since last I recall 4.4 didn't actually add anything to live. The fact that we're 10 months out from that patch and they're still being so secretive is deeply concerning. It makes it hard to believe anyone is really left actually creating content for the live server rather than all being moved over to work on the Prime server.
    It's as I said dude.

They claim the resources weren't taken but they were.

Even happened with Runescape sadly. You can tell OS gets more love than the current version.

The issue with these kinds of progression servers for most games is because the teams aren't large enough so it's just not possible to dedicate resources between the normal and progression version.

I mean which are you going to play right now? A free game that has had no content for nearly a year or a sub based game that just recycled the live client at it's core and downgraded the patch and has about 5-10 dedicated raiding guilds on? Either way it's a case of pick your poison in that scenario.

And I remember the last time the "team was working on stuff" was thrown around like all their other bs. We got Starfall Prophecy.

That guide writer fellow makes an excellent point about the content disparity too.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-08-16 at 10:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    For non English keyboards, especially German, there were a few issues trying to complete certain sentences,for example using the @ symbol had you jumping through hoops, now it seems all that is fixed in Hotfix # 10.

RIFT 4.5: Hotfix #10 09/06/18

NA/EU UPDATE - 09/06/18 ALL SHARDS, 07:30 PDT (14:30 UTC), 3 Hours

GENERAL:

- Fixed the root cause of shard hop failures experienced after server restarts. HOP TO IT!

- Improved our ability to transfer characters with incredibly large numbers of Dimension items. We hope to be featured on an episode of Hoarders soon!

- Fixed an issue with non-English keyboards being unable to output certain characters to chat. Let us know how Klingon keyboards work now.

- Ascended on LIVE servers will no longer be force-mentored to level 50 when entering Rise of the Phoenix and Primeval Feast slivers. Y'all on PRIME will be set to level 50.

EVENT:

Attracted by all the hopping, Hellbugs have returned to Telara!
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5363466

When 2 weeks goes by without any actual communication and all the players get is a hotfix......

Yeah.........

http://www.thegharstation.com/2018/0...m-2018-report/

"Not in maintenance mode". Sure as hell feels like it. Only raid coming up is a GSB Intrepid rehash for live.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    When 2 weeks goes by without any actual communication and all the players get is a hotfix......

Yeah.........

http://www.thegharstation.com/2018/0...m-2018-report/

"Not in maintenance mode". Sure as hell feels like it. Only raid coming up is a GSB Intrepid rehash for live.
    Yeah, I don't buy that it's not in maintenence mode. My secret hope is that they've been working on all of the classes and specs and haven't released anything because that's been so consuming and they wanted to get it right. However, it is Trion. They've done nothing to earn my trust and everything to lose it.

10+ Year Old Account
    When 2 weeks goes by without any actual communication.
    I would have thought such a 'concerned' poster like you would have your finger on the pulse and know exactly why nothing was happening for the past two weeks....Trion have changed to a flexi PTO (Paid Time Off) system so most of the Devs were off as they synched up the days, this was all explained on the Forums by the CMs, thought an avid, concerned poster like you knew about this.

Anyhow they're now back and threw us a few bones on the Live Stream last night, which i'm sure you watched and are fully up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    Yeah, I don't buy that it's not in maintenence mode. My secret hope is that they've been working on all of the classes and specs and haven't released anything because that's been so consuming and they wanted to get it right. However, it is Trion. They've done nothing to earn my trust and everything to lose it.
    All that's really coming for live is the fragment revamp which should have been done ages ago and Intrepid GSB. So basically no new raid and content that was sideswiped so they could revamp the mount system....

Meanwhile Prime despite tanking gets Storm Legion.....

Off topic but Wildstar is shutting down. Guess that's one of Rift's competition gone.

I would have thought such a 'concerned' poster like you would have your finger on the pulse and know exactly why nothing was happening for the past two weeks....Trion have changed to a flexi PTO (Paid Time Off) system so most of the Devs were off as they synched up the days, this was all explained on the Forums by the CMs, thought an avid, concerned poster like you knew about this.

Anyhow they're now back and threw us a few bones on the Live Stream last night, which i'm sure you watched and are fully up to date.
    BWAHAHAHAHA, oh Jesus. Slipmat, I love you. My sides are killing me, thank you for the good laugh. Any explanation will do right? Please never change.

All that's really coming for live is the fragment revamp which should have been done ages ago and Intrepid GSB. So basically no new raid and content that was sideswiped so they could revamp the mount system....

Meanwhile Prime despite tanking gets Storm Legion.....

Off topic but Wildstar is shutting down. Guess that's one of Rift's competition gone.
    Yeah, Prime was a mistake. I still don't understand why it was ever launched in the first place with live being the absolute cluster fuck it is.

I saw that, feel bad for those people that were heavily invested into Wildstar. I'm curious to see where those few displaced players are going to go.

BWAHAHAHAHA, oh Jesus. Slipmat, I love you. My sides are killing me, thank you for the good laugh. Any explanation will do right? Please never change.

Yeah, Prime was a mistake. I still don't understand why it was ever launched in the first place with live being the absolute cluster fuck it is.

I saw that, feel bad for those people that were heavily invested into Wildstar. I'm curious to see where those few displaced players are going to go.
    I just like that I'm living in his head rent free.

Seems from that they just made up one of their usual excuses for when it's radio silence. Seems "paid time off" is the new one to replace the majority of the dev team being ill.

Prime was a clusterfuck. It was mismanaged into oblivion, a bugged mess with GSB and Storm Legion isn't going to bring people back. They saw what happened with the 1-50 experience. They aren't falling for it again with Prime.

Prime is not worth the sub when there are better options out there. Simple.

Anywho I'm happy to welcome them to WoW or FF14 if they want a sub game. Or GW2/ESO for B2P.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-08 at 02:35 PM.

I just like that I'm living in his head rent free.

Seems from that they just made up one of their usual excuses for when it's radio silence. Seems "paid time off" is the new one to replace the majority of the dev team being ill.

Prime was a clusterfuck. It was mismanaged into oblivion, a bugged mess with GSB and Storm Legion isn't going to bring people back. They saw what happened with the 1-50 experience. They aren't falling for it again with Prime.

Prime is not worth the sub when there are better options out there. Simple.

Anywho I'm happy to welcome them to WoW or FF14 if they want a sub game. Or GW2/ESO for B2P.
    Yeah, WoW, GW2, and ESO are the big three I jump between. I couldn't get into FF14, tried a few times with friends and it didn't happen. Been pretty well consumed with WoW ATM (surprise, surprise). Small bit of raiding, Dark Iron unlocked, halfway to exalted for Mag'har.

One game I'm watching is Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. It's looking very interesting and gives me a bit of a D&D vibe from it. That and Crowfall which I did back and play on the alpha/beta once in a blue moon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar is shutting down.
    Ah yes, Wildstar, the other game you spent years bashing and bad mouthing anyone that played it, now that it's closing you're on the Thread crying your hypocritical crocodile tears saying "boo hoo another MMO is gone, so sad to see"

I would have thought keyboard experts like you would know how to use Google and read what PTO actually is, here, i'll help you along:

https://advancesystemsinc.com/pto-benefits/

Also here's something else added that might get added to Live:

Maybe if you actually watched the replay of the Livestream you'd see and hear the Dev briefly talking about Planar Disciples along with Planar Dungeons and you might even enjoy the tour he gave of Tok's Puzzle Dungeon part two, it's bigger than most MMO's other raids.

Ah yes, Wildstar, the other game you spent years bashing and bad mouthing anyone that played it, now that it's closing you're on the Thread crying your hypocritical crocodile tears saying "boo hoo another MMO is gone, so sad to see"

I would have thought keyboard experts like you would know how to use Google and read what PTO actually is, here, i'll help you along:

https://advancesystemsinc.com/pto-benefits/

Also here's something else added that might get added to Live:

Maybe if you actually watched the replay of the Livestream you'd see and hear the Dev briefly talking about Planar Disciples along with Planar Dungeons and you might even enjoy the tour he gave of Tok's Puzzle Dungeon part two, it's bigger than most MMO's other raids.
    -insert Napoleon Dynamite voice-
    Yeah guys, you totally don't understand PTO. They've been on PTO all year. God, idiots. You guys literally bad mouthed a game to death guys! It wasn't a culmination of bad choices and player lack of interest, idiots! God!

See guys! They are giving content after umpteen months, you're just haters! See, a puzzle dungeon guys! It's so big! I don't care if it's not a new raid or dungeon that'll be repayable after you beat it, idiots! Class balance and treating your community with contempt doesn't matter guys! You're just stupid!

Guys! See! They're talking about content on live streams again! Obviously that means it's all going to happen, idiots! I don't care if they've been talking about soul revamps for years now that've never happened! Idiots! Why are you complaining about massively bloated and pointless systems like the soul trees, masteries, planar attunement, and legendary abilities?! You idiots! Be appreciative they're talking about content you might see sometime before the year is out, idiots!

If you weren't so pathetically defensive, people could have a proper conversation with you about this game instead of you having hallucinations and thinking any criticism towards Rift is just people being haters.

-insert Napoleon Dynamite voice-
    Yeah guys, you totally don't understand PTO. They've been on PTO all year. God, idiots. You guys literally bad mouthed a game to death guys! It wasn't a culmination of bad choices and player lack of interest, idiots! God!

See guys! They are giving content after umpteen months, you're just haters! See, a puzzle dungeon guys! It's so big! I don't care if it's not a new raid or dungeon that'll be repayable after you beat it, idiots! Class balance and treating your community with contempt doesn't matter guys! You're just stupid!

Guys! See! They're talking about content on live streams again! Obviously that means it's all going to happen, idiots! I don't care if they've been talking about soul revamps for years now that've never happened! Idiots! Why are you complaining about massively bloated and pointless systems like the soul trees, masteries, planar attunement, and legendary abilities?! You idiots! Be appreciative they're talking about content you might see sometime before the year is out, idiots!
    To be fair PvP is in a dire state so not surprised there is a "Brawl" that basically allows 10-50s.

It's not just the time it's taken for any content to be mentioned for Live either. They've proven they cannot manage 2 versions of Rift and the content coming is meager at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    If you weren't so pathetically defensive, people could have a proper conversation with you about this game instead of you having hallucinations and thinking any criticism towards Rift is just people being haters.
    I'll repeat the single word I said to Lythelia earlier.

Rentfree.

Also to any Nexus refugees looking for a replacement. This isn't it imo. But I'll gladly welcome you to Azeroth (WoW), Eorzea (FF14), Tyria (GW2) or Tamriel (ESO). Games that imo are worth the time and don't bleed you dry.

https://old.reddit.com/r/Rift/commen..._another_game/

Seems Brasse is back on her usual warpath when anyone mentions another game that isn't Rift. Shocker.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-11 at 10:32 AM.

To be fair PvP is in a dire state so not surprised there is a "Brawl" that basically allows 10-50s.

It's not just the time it's taken for any content to be mentioned for Live either. They've proven they cannot manage 2 versions of Rift and the content coming is meager at best.
    Kinda a true statement for any part of the game. While I'm sure the brawl is to help the game not feel so empty, I've always enjoyed the fact that they do try to open up as much content to low level characters as possible. Makes the scope of the game seem far larger.

10+ Year Old Account
    Primeval Feast drops today for Prime, if you never did this 10-man Sliver the two 'Ryans' Devs will be taking a run through on the Rift Livestream tomorrow as well as explaining Planar Disciples and other goodies coming to Live. https://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds

RIFT 4.5: Hotfix #11 09/13/18

PRIME SERVER NOTES

PRIMEVAL FEAST:

Welcome to Primeval Feast: A sliver of fate where only the most powerful survives. Greenscale has consumed the Ascended, and in turn, Lord Twyl and the faerie court has devoured their one-time dragon patron. Join forces with an old enemy to save the Telara of that reality and our own -- now open on Prime.

The winds of Telara grow in strength, and the hints of something lurking beyond the horizon can be felt. A storm is coming.

GENERAL

* Delicious quest and other text typo fixes.

RAIDS

GREENSCALE'S BLIGHT

* Drop rate of Greenscale mount increased.

RIVER OF SOULS

* Bosses should no longer have a chance to give personal loot for the wrong calling.
    * Drop rate of Dark Levitation mount increased.

RISE OF THE PHOENIX

* Fixed an issue that could prevent an encounter blocking wall from activating.
    * General Silgen: Heat Funnel should no longer insta-incinerate characters.

DIMENSIONS

* Many sections of the Dimensions area of the Rift store have been reorganized and prices lowered.

* Additional Bounty trophy dimension items can now be purchased in the Rift store for those that have completed the requisite achievement.

* Increased the Dimension NPC cap to 60 (was 40).

LIVE SERVER NOTES

GENERAL

* Delicious quest and other text typo fixes.

RAIDS

BASTION OF STEEL

* Corrected an issue that caused Infected Ground and Static Surge to deal significantly less damage than they should.

* Reduced health and damage values of Commander Isiel, Vindicator MK1, Titan X, and Fire Spigots.

DIMENSIONS

* Many sections of the Dimensions area of the Rift store have been reorganized and prices lowered.

* Additional Bounty trophy dimension items can now be purchased in the Rift store for those that have completed the requisite achievement.

* Increased the Dimension NPC cap to 60 (was 40).
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5363999

Oh boy... more Prime content.

I wish Trion were like the Trion of 2011-2013 where they gave a damn again....

Seriously said it once and said it again. Trion got lucky with Trove. Although that game does so-so these days as well in terms of active players. I mean lifetime it's their biggest success and last I remember was 17 million which is ok but still means nothing without active player numbers. You can tell Defiance, Rift and Atlas Reactor were neglected for it.

Trion need to wake up and make a decision. Either focus on Trove full time or Rift Live. Prime has been a disaster after another of their continual mismanagement. I wouldn't be surprised if they don't keep Prime going after NMT or SFP because that is when the playerbase had enough of the game. I mean who is gonna pay a sub to play the current expansion on a different server?

It really does pain me to see a company fall like this over the years and right now it's just falling even further down the hole.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2018-09-14 at 01:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems Thursday is the new Wednesday now, patch got applied on Thursday for the past few weeks, a few changes to make the raids on Prime a bit...eh, 'forgiven', i.e swing the nerf bat.

RIFT 4.5 hotfix #12 09/20/18

LIVE SERVERS:

GENERAL:

• The following items have been added to the dimension store - Death Table; Shaper Fissure; Shaper Bust; Bone Spire; Bone Column, Massive; Coxal Column; Bone Column, Medium; Bone Column, Small; Rib Column; Rib Wall; Toothy Fissure; Loose Bone Wall; Dense Bone Wall; Bone Column, Large; Massive Bone Buttress; Bone Flooring, Curved; Spinal Detail; Withered Vines; Jungle Vines; Large Dusken Cliff 01; Large Dusken Cliff 02; Small Dusken Cliff 01; Small Dusken Cliff 02; Necropolis Platform; Necropolis Elevator; Barnacle House 01; Arcane Crenellation; Runed Stepping Stones; Mossy House, Snow-Covered; Mossy Hut, Snow-Covered; Scorched Mooring; Crystal Bush; Dwarven Bench; Hammerknell Rubble 01; Hammerknell Rubble 02; Dwarven Harbor Mooring; Hammerknel Signal Tower; Dwarven Dais; Gloamwood Lumber Pile; Rough Plank Lumber Pile; Barnacle House 02; Barnacle House 03; Brevanic Barn; Meridian Hanging Lamp; Brevanic Windmill, Blue; Brevanic Windmill, White; Glow Coral, Short; Glow Coral, Hanging; Glow Coral, Tall; Glow Coral, Clinging... please go to your local Dimensioneering website for more info - they have their hands full this round!

PRIME SERVER:

GENERAL:

• The following items have been added to the dimension store - Death Table; Shaper Fissure; Shaper Bust; Bone Spire; Bone Column, Massive; Coxal Column; Bone Column, Medium; Bone Column, Small; Rib Column; Rib Wall; Toothy Fissure; Loose Bone Wall; Dense Bone Wall; Bone Column, Large; Massive Bone Buttress; Bone Flooring, Curved; Spinal Detail; Withered Vines; Jungle Vines; Large Dusken Cliff 01; Large Dusken Cliff 02; Small Dusken Cliff 01; Small Dusken Cliff 02; Necropolis Platform; Necropolis Elevator; Barnacle House 01; Arcane Crenellation; Runed Stepping Stones; Mossy House, Snow-Covered; Mossy Hut, Snow-Covered; Scorched Mooring; Crystal Bush; Dwarven Bench; Hammerknell Rubble 01; Hammerknell Rubble 02; Dwarven Harbor Mooring; Hammerknel Signal Tower; Dwarven Dais; Gloamwood Lumber Pile; Rough Plank Lumber Pile; Barnacle House 02; Barnacle House 03; Brevanic Barn; Meridian Hanging Lamp; Brevanic Windmill, Blue; Brevanic Windmill, White; Glow Coral, Short; Glow Coral, Hanging; Glow Coral, Tall; Glow Coral, Clinging... please go to your local Dimensioneering website for more info - they have their hands full this round!

• Tier 3 raid vendor gear is now on the merchant!

• Tier 3 gear from Primeval Feast now has Synergy Crystal set bonuses.

EVENTS:

• Tempest Rising Event: Asha accidentally sent out old orders that were encrypted. New orders have been issued regarding the strange ship on the horizon. One can also go directly to the wreck of the Endeavor and start the questline directly.

RAIDS/CONTENT:

PRIMEVAL FEAST:

• It was deemed unfair to use our loveable pets to distract Alltha the Reaper... no one can resist a cute pet! Alltha’s Withering Blows will now ignore pets.
    You may be more happy to learn that Alltha the Reaper’s withering strike was tuned down from 11.
    • Primeval Feast Achievements are now visible. No more guessing!
    • Swarmlord Khargoth’s little friends have had their feed changed, they should bite a bit harder now.
    • Fae Torrent and Toxic Spore have had their damage reduced slightly.

RUNIC DESCENT:

• Fixed a bug that prevented Rotting Blossoms from exploding in Runic Decent and Expert Runic Decent

RISE OF THE PHOENIX:

• Due to OSHA regulations, Silgen's Incinerate has been reduced by 60%. Better than sunscreen.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5364461