Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    "Future content releases"?

I mean we haven't had anything for the going on a year now. It's safe to say that the only upcoming raid is most likely the GSB rehash and that won't be coming for 6-12 months. So yippee wait a total of a year and half- 2 years to get a raid that's just a higher difficulty of an already existing one.

I mean enabling old events is cool and all but that's really not enough to keep people entertained for the year and from what my friends tell me who are still holding onto hope the game is a ghost town for the most part.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-02-06 at 02:01 PM.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

So what are these "Legendary Hits"? Big boss attacks or something?

Either way, it's still nice seeing gamigo appearing to put forth more effort to support live servers than Trion has. At least they're turning on old events to give players something to do instead of just waiting for copy/paste patch notes from the Prime servers.

The Unstoppable Force Eleccybubb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post

Either way, it's still nice seeing gamigo appearing to put forth more effort to support live servers than Trion has. At least they're turning on old events to give players something to do instead of just waiting for copy/paste patch notes from the Prime servers.
    I don't see them supporting Prime for much longer personally with how dead that thing is. When I used the 7 day code back in Nov/Dec to take a look the most recent person to log on in my guild was 5 months ago.
    "Enough expository banter! Now we fight like men! And ladies! And ladies who dress like men! For Gilgamesh...it is morphing time!" Gilgamesh. (Final Fantasy 5)
    I refuse to be a slave of fate! I will be the master of my own future! Shir Gold. (Phantasy Star 2)
    Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose. Ayrton Senna. (3 times Formula 1 World Champion)

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    No Patch this week, just a restart but the Rift CM, Zyra, did explain the resoning behind this Legendary Hit for pure Tanks getting removed, seems they want to go back to encouraging Hybrid builds which sounds a bit more decent than "61 point builds or GTFO!"

Legendary Hit has sort of outlived its purpose. It was a heavy handed response to hybrids with the goal of forcing players into 61 point talents, but how fun is that? At the end of the day mmo’s are about playing characters the way you want, and forced mechanics like ‘if you want to tank you HAVE to take this or you just die’ isn’t really compelling.

Going forward we’re looking at systems that don’t deliver on what we’re trying to do in RIFT which is create a fun experience for our players. If something isn’t meeting our goals or living up to our standards it will be looked at for removal or a rework. You can read into that how you will, but I don’t have concrete details I can give you at this time as it’s not as simple as selecting and deleting. I know you have lots of questions about balance/class devs, but right now I don’t have any answers for you.

However I will say this, there are A LOT of quality of life changes, and new content coming down the pipeline soon™.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5371827

At least Gamigo seem intent on working away at Rift, what this content entails, just have to wait and see.

I stopped playing Rift around 5 months ago. My main was a cleric and it wasn't doing so great. I use to have REX give aways if we completed content. Like if we beat a boss I would have people roll on loot. If they only knew how much money I spent on this game.. And all they really had to do was fix clerics to keep me. I WILL never come back to Rift again. And yes I spent close to 1000$ in one year on the game :P.

Also, that change to tank synergy.. I can tell even without logging in for 5 months cleric got F'ed again. Class had the worse synergy of any class. I bet it benefited rogue or primalist the most.. go figure.. bunch of bads running the most dedicated players out of the game as usual.
    Last edited by Aldi; 2019-02-13 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    No Patch this week, just a restart but the Rift CM, Zyra, did explain the resoning behind this Legendary Hit for pure Tanks getting removed, seems they want to go back to encouraging Hybrid builds which sounds a bit more decent than "61 point builds or GTFO!"

Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5371827

At least Gamigo seem intent on working away at Rift, what this content entails, just have to wait and see.
    But...what is "Legendary Hit"? The 61 point talents? Because if so, that's amazing.

This is probably the best announced design change that the game has seen in years, to be honest. Hybrids were pretty brutally slaughtered after chocolate and in each following expansion they seemed to kill off more and more hybrid builds while basically forcing you to max out trees.

Seriously, gamigo has had the game for what now...4 months? And I'm already far more optimistic about the games future than I have been probably since around mid-NT.

At least live servers, which Trion functionally abandoned. No clue what's going on with Prime servers nowadays and from what I've read they're ghost towns.

I didn't even Know Rift was still a game... Good to see there are still patches though.