Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I didn't even Know Rift was still a game... Good to see there are still patches though.

Quote Originally Posted by Fleugen View Post
    Even I kind of like the sound of that, and not too long ago I was telling slipmat to go f himself.

Maybe I'll keep an eye on Gamigo RIFT. I'd love to see it return to a decent state, but I'm skeptical that it can make it there.
    I mean right now the dungeon needs work if it can be 2 manned. But it does seem Gamigo want this game to try and at least come back from the grave before thinking about shutting it down.

If anything as I said the next 2 projects they will look to shut down will probably be Defiance 2050 and Atlas Reactor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I mean right now the dungeon needs work if it can be 2 manned.
    My thoughts exactly. Even though it's still in the tuning stages being able to be 2-manned means they have no idea how to balance things properly. It shouldn't be able to be 2-manned even in an early stage IMO. We'll see how it turns out, but I'm not hopeful if it can be 2-manned.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems the new Dungeon, which is released today, is the first in a new feature, Challenge Dungeons, sounds like the old Master Mode Dungeons we had, would be interesting if they applied them across to all Dungeons. Carnival of the Ascended is also starting today,all in this weeks Patch Update.

Patch Notes - March 21, 2019

UPDATES:

8TH ANNIVERSARY: CARNIVAL OF THE ASCENDED!

The Carnival of the Ascended is back!

In addition to all your favorite events, there are a ton of incredible new items available as event rewards and on the in-game marketplace. Grab the Masked Carnival Budgie while it's available, as well as some new Snail and Tuskar skins (both credit and event currency options are available).

FEATURED CHALLENGE DUNGEONS:

* We’re experimenting with a new queue for dungeons! These are intended to be slightly more difficult than your normal 5 players content, but also offer higher rewards than usual. Queue up, test your might! Please leave feedback on the forums!

* Our first Featured Challenge Dungeon is the Enclave of Ahnket:

A new 5 player dungeon has been found! Ascended, The Tower of Ahnket has increased its pressure on the surrounding area. Strange Simulacrum have begun appearing, attacking those unaware of the danger that lurks. The mages of Alittu grow weary and step one in their plan is to gather intel. Venture towards the tower and scout the area, destroy any simulacrum creatures you come across. For a limited time, you can queue specifically for The Enclave of Ahnket in the Featured Challenge Dungeon Queue!

RIFT Store:

Special offers available 3/20 - 4/3:

Unlock the White Shelled Racing Snail with purchase of a $100 credit pack in-game in the RIFT Store!
    Bonus Loyalty! Gain 4 loyalty per credit purchased and spent for a limited time.
    25% discount on all premium (credit purchased) mounts!

Battle Pass Season 1: Stay tuned for info soon™

Conquest: There is no Conquest.

We'll update this once we have additions to make.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5373369

Gamigo have been teasing this Battle Pass feature for a while now across Twitter and Facebook, we all thought it might be a Conquest related theme but now not so sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Small patch this week, mostly to sort out some niggling bugs in the new Dungeon Enclave of Ahnket but a welcome fix is the part about the summon friend ability now not working if you have the person summoning you on ignore.

This could and was been abused by trolls who thought it was funny to keep trying to summon people in the middle of their raids, muppets.

Patch Notes - March 28, 2019

RAIDS AND DUNGEONS:

ENCLAVE OF AHNKET:

Fixed the following achievements: Purgatory, Pardon the Interruption, No Help for the Wicked.
    Conqueror achievement has been added.
    Fixed a bug where pets were being targeted by Rock Tomb in Enclave of Ahnket.
    Fixed a bug where bosses in Enclave of Ahnket were requiring an individual loot charge when killed for the first time each day.
    Adjusted the drop rates of items in Enclave of Ahnket.
    Fixed a bug that prevented the upgrade recipes for Eternal Items from updating when completing Enclave of Ahnket (Expert).

ZONES AND EVENTS:

GEDLO BADLANDS:

Fixed a bug that caused Infected Desert Phoenix to spawn in Devil’s Canyon instead of regular Desert Phoenix.

RIFT Store:

Greenata mount can now be purchased with credits.

GENERAL:

Ignoring a player now blocks friend summon attempts from showing
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5373662

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Holy crud, the game is still going?

After the shit show that was Prime, and subsequent selling of Trion, I thought it had closed with all honesty.
    If it had a better UI, I would probably be playing it. It was the only game to come out since WoW that could ever hold a candle to what I liked about WoW, pre-Cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Holy crud, the game is still going?

After the shit show that was Prime, and subsequent selling of Trion, I thought it had closed with all honesty.
    Yeah Gamigo at least want to give it a chance. And oddly seem to be giving more a damn about it than Trion ever did.

It's still definitely on life support. Hell Prime is shutting down at the end of this week due to the player population basically being non existent.

Although props to Gamigo for coming out and saying "we will be eventually getting rid of the aggressive monetisation crap Trion brought in"

Although this happened.....

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ently-p2w.html

“We’ll do that by evaluating our business models and phasing out some of the older, aggressive micro-transactions along with reducing the reliance on lockboxes. Instead, we’ll focus on selling the service and optional objective rewards through modern, hybridized models.”
    It's funny how a company who has a boatload of P2W in their games can admit the state of the cash shop in Trion is godawful/P2W/P2A yet certain people couldn't and just played the "you are entitled" card. And quite frankly just sell the classes and cosmetics.

Don't put P2W crap in like the captured intel boxes or Earring slot was in NMT for a brief while.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-28 at 01:40 PM.

Yeah Gamigo at least want to give it a chance. And oddly seem to be giving more a damn about it than Trion ever did.

It's still definitely on life support.

Although props to Gamigo for coming out and saying "we will be eventually getting rid of the aggressive monetisation crap Trion brought in"

Although this happened.....

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ently-p2w.html

It's funny how a company who has a boatload of P2W in their games can admit the state of the cash shop in Trion is godawful/P2W/P2A yet certain people couldn't and just played the "you are entitled" card.
    This rotting corpse of a game really can't catch a break, can it?

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    This rotting corpse of a game really can't catch a break, can it?
    Honestly if it fails they will just abandon it and move to Trove since it's the only Trion game with a chance of making them money.

Defiance 2050, Archeage and Atlas Reactor are just flat out dead. Trion basically spent their time driving most of their IPs into the ground and driving any published games into the ground. I mean Devilian which they published barely lasted 2 years.

Honestly if it fails they will just abandon it and move to Trove since it's the only Trion game with a chance of making them money.

Defiance 2050, Archeage and Atlas Reactor are just flat out dead. Trion basically spent their time driving most of their IPs into the ground and driving any published games into the ground. I mean Devilian which they published barely lasted 2 years.
    And was dead for 1 year and 11 months. I would call it a shame but Devilian was never good. Archeage was a shame.

Anyway...battle pass in an mmo? Wat.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Rift is dead as well. EU is like a Ghost Town, NA has all the player almost. So many guild quit or they find another game dunno but the situation in Rift is so bad. They added new dungeon that's good thing but I dont think 1 dungeon will bring people back tbh

The game need more investment + Man power I mean Dev's.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkageman View Post
    Rift is dead as well. EU is like a Ghost Town, NA has all the player almost. So many guild quit or they find another game dunno but the situation in Rift is so bad. They added new dungeon that's good thing but I dont think 1 dungeon will bring people back tbh

The game need more investment + Man power I mean Dev's.
    1 dungeon that can be 2 manned hasn't brought anyone back.

Yes a friend of mine 2 manned it just like it was 2 manned on PTR. It's not a "challenge dungeon" at all.

I think gamigo is not seeing any potential for rift. That's why they are focusing Trove and Archeage kinda. Can't blame them but the playerbase of Rift simply stupid they were like begging p2w stuff kinda when they see a pack ( Mount Etc ) Buying directly. Dont even wanna bother with dimensioneers so...

The dungeon maybe challenging for some people but as you mention it's not challenging at all.

It's sad to see game in that situation playing since release but its dead and I accepted already.

I think gamigo is not seeing any potential for rift. That's why they are focusing Trove and Archeage kinda. Can't blame them but the playerbase of Rift simply stupid they were like begging p2w stuff kinda when they see a pack ( Mount Etc ) Buying directly. Dont even wanna bother with dimensioneers so...

The dungeon maybe challenging for some people but as you mention it's not challenging at all.

It's sad to see game in that situation playing since release but its dead and I accepted already.
    No what happened was Trion slowly started seeing how far they could infect the store at the cost of polished content.

And Earrings an actual gear slot was too far. NMT was when the biggest exodus of the game happened.

And of course we had the usual "trion do no wrong" people coming on the forums calling players "entitled" because a gear slot was being sold for real money or a horrendous ingame grind.

That earrings stuff was bullshit I can accept. I didn't like the NMT so cant even bother with raid at all those times. But the thing I know everything was kinda buggy that times.
    I mean its all started with shitty game called defiance they earn huge money/profit from rift and waste money of that game and they lost interest in Rift slowly. Choosing Archonix as a producer was a bad move as well. Hartsman do the huge mistake. As I said I can't blame gamigo they took the dead game kinda still doing some stuff which is nice.

I think gamigo is not seeing any potential for rift.
    If this was true we wouldn't be seeing our first "new" content in over a year on live servers. I think they're genuinely trying to give it a go with actual support for one of their titles for a change.

That's why they are focusing Trove and Archeage kinda.
    What do you mean? For Archeage they likely took over the contract from Trion, so they're doing their contractual obligations and localizing/pushing out existing content, some of which I imagine was already being worked on at the time of the acquisition.

Similar for Trove, which was still being supported by Trion when acquired. This is probably content that was being worked on and gamigo is seeing it to completion (no point not to if most of the work is done).

Beyond that I'm not really seeing them do anything "extra".

Honestly, this is the most optimistic for Rift (live servers, at least) I've been since late NT. SFP (whatever it's called now) was always a joke and the post-launch support was terrible, it was pretty clear that Trion either didn't have any resources to put into the game and was stretching the meager resources to the breaking point or that they simply weren't putting any serious effort into it. And after a year or so of being abandoned, I'm hopeful that gamigo can breath at least a bit of life into the game.

Have to agree with Edge. At least they are giving it a go rather than flat out going for the slightly more popular game.

If Gamigo can at least try then great. Because it will take a lot of work to get out of the mess Trion put this game in.

For starters get rid of the ability to buy gear. It's disgustingly overpriced. £100+ for armor and weapons and LFR ones at that. The only reason they are in that store is because LFR was a feature Trion introduced that tanked hard. That's a prime example of the "aggressive monetisation" Gamigo claim they want rid of.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2019-03-28 at 03:39 PM.

They are doing great job compared to Trion I can accept that but imho they need to invest more money to that game kinda. The playerbase expecting a expansion even me because I'm so bored of doing same stuff over and over again. Population is clearly shows and proves that thing. Ofc we should give them more time to think about or create sort of stuff but they are not communicating well enough. Look at the forums no one is giving clear answer the any question. I asked them like do we have a roadmap or smth for rift still got nothing. I dont have huge expectation from gamigo but the game itself dead kinda.

10+ Year Old Account
    The process of moving the goodies obtained on Prime to Live has begun, after today's patch players can claim a level 65 booster pack as well as one million Loyalty, plus if you bought the Prime Primogenitor Pack or Prime Tempest Pack on Prime, you'll get them again on Live.

Patch Notes - April 4, 2019

4/4: Live Patch notes

DUNGEONS AND RAIDS:

Enclave of Ahket:

Maximus in Alittu now offers additional rewards for those who complete his task to explore the Enclave of Ahnket. Players that have already completed his original task will be able to do so again.
    Armor from Enclave of Ahnket can now be used with existing synergy crystals.

GENERAL:

Fixed a bug that caused players to be mentored to level 50 in Ember Island areas.

RIFT STORE:

For a limited time, claim the “Past Its Prime Bonus Pack” from the RIFT Store to unlock bonus Carnival currency and rewards. Available for claim by one character per account until 11:59pm server time on April 11th.

PRIME TRANSFERS:

Unspent credits remaining on Prime have now been linked to your live balances.

Those who purchased the Prime Primogenitor Pack or Prime Tempest Pack will now be able to claim those rewards on live shards.
    Note: There may be a short delay as we continue with the character transfer process from Prime to Live, but these unlocks should be available on live by April 7th.

Bonuses for reaching level 50 on Prime will be awarded shortly after the servers are unlocked.
    Level 65 Character Pack - claimable by 1 character per account from the RIFT Store (top right most box).
    1 million Loyalty - applied to account automatically.
    Source: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5374035

Well. Nice to know Trion were flat out wrong when they said Prime credits wouldn't be able to go to live because of "technical reasons".