Poll: Will you be leveling in War Mode?

Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Are you going to level in war mode?

With war mode giving more experience, are you going to level through bfa with war mode on?
    It seems like a waste to not keep it on, especially since each faction has their own area to level in.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

No interest in PvP.

Yes, the XP is worth it. My server was PVP already anyway.

I'm probably going to level for the first couple of days with War Mode on, then switch it off as soon as it starts to be likely that I'll actually see enemy players in those zones.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Until it gets annoying.

Depends on the class/spec. Some specs have amazing PvP talents / skills, most don't.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Yes, at launch the odds of running into the opposite faction are really low since nearly everybody is busy leveling so its really just free bonus xp.
    Additionally being able to use the pvp talents for questing is pretty handy.
    Last edited by Donald Hellscream; 2018-07-18 at 06:37 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    i already am.

the xp bonus is totally worth it.

Formerly known as Arafal

For the first week: ABSOLUTELY! Horde and Alliance can't even interact with each other until max level anyway. 10% bonus XP and War Mode talents are nice.
    Past that: Fuck no. The only opposite-faction players you'll see will only be Level 120. You'd be insane to leave it on.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

With only more XP being the perk while levelling... I'll leave it off till I am capped, more so when I do every quest regardless anyways on my first play through.

Hell yeah bay-beeeeeeee

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm usually a PvE carebear but I decided to roll on Tarren Mill Eu (a pvp server) this past week and gotta admit, the adreneline of killing or being killed by other players when you least expect is adictive!

So yeah today I turned on war mode on the char I'm leveling there (a nightborne mage) and gotta say, the pvp talents are awesome! My favorite is the Greater Pyrobloast that deals 35% of total health to the target!

I don't care about the experience gain or the added skills. I'm just looking forward to world PvP Of course, it will be strange because each faction levels on their own continent...so it might be a while before my first leveling PvP....

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I don't care about the experience gain or the added skills. I'm just looking forward to world PvP Of course, it will be strange because each faction levels on their own continent...so it might be a while before my first leveling PvP....
    The biggest issue is that it isn't actually leveling PvP. You won't encounter the opposite faction until they are max level or you are. So if you are encountering enemy faction while leveling you will be at a massive disadvantage because they are max and you are not.

War mode PvP is essentially a max level and ganking feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Fritters154 View Post
    The biggest issue is that it isn't actually leveling PvP. You won't encounter the opposite faction until they are max level or you are. So if you are encountering enemy faction while leveling you will be at a massive disadvantage because they are max and you are not.
    Yeah - and it will be awesome to have a bunch of us leveling folks take down a max level

Nope. Dont give 2 shits about pvp and cba dodging some 12 year old corpse camper because he's got nothing better to do.

I look forward to being told I'm an asshole for killing someone who is in warmode because he just wants the bonus.

Do getting attack by a higher level mean you are dead or did they put some scaling tech in there so can defend yourself?
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    I look forward to being told I'm an asshole for killing someone who is in warmode because he just wants the bonus.
    I try really hard not to be an ahole in game but ya i'm kinda looking forward to this too. Having played another game where you had to opt into PVP as the only class in that game that REQUIRED you to be pvp active at all times, I'm really gonna have fun. I logged in this morning and flew around broken shore slaughtering people with it on. Tons of fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zequill View Post
    Do getting attack by a higher level mean you are dead or did they put some scaling tech in there so can defend yourself?
    Both.

With multiple lower level toons you'd do ok. If it's just you at like 112 vs a 120 you're gonna have a bad time.

just till i get to 120 on my main. after that its off till the end of bfa. no interest in wpvp
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?