Poll: Will you be leveling in War Mode?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Nope. Open world PVP is the most unbalanced thing in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    There's no such thing as an opposite faction on my realm no reason not to use it unless they shard us with other realm with alliance population.
    When you turn on Warmode you get in one big warmode server with players from all servers and both factions

7+ Year Old Account
    No reason not to when theres gonna be no pvp happening for the first couple of days

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Inimini View Post
    When you turn on Warmode you get in one big warmode server with players from all servers and both factions
    Another feature that ruins realm indentity!
    Miss the time when being in a realm meant something other than trade and guild restrictions.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Miss the time when being in a realm meant something other than trade and guild restrictions.
    They can't break down that realm identity fast enough for my taste.

Absolutely. It's going to take a while for people to complete the story and be able to visit the opposite factions land, so running war mode for most of your 110-120 experience should be a breeze.

Nope. PvP isn't my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ecthaelion View Post
    Nope, I'm on a PVE server for a reason.
    All servers are PVE now though. There's 0 risk to turning it on at least the first few days since you level on a separate continent than the opposing faction. It's free 10% xp, and free set of extra talents that are very powerful. People who refuse to run with that are crazy.

Regarding the poll results, this a fan site and only a little over 50 percent want to PVP level. I'm guessing the full subscriber base will be much much lower.

Certainly not with my two first characters (one Alliance and one Horde). I don't think I will with the others either, unless there's a LOT of extra experience.

But I do plan to have it on when doing world quests and that kind of stuff. Adding a bit of PvP to them should make it more interesting. And even without that or the extra rewards, just being able to use the PvP talents in the open world is very nice.

Sure. I'm a resto druid... what are people going to do chase me around for an hour?

Deleted
    You must level on war mode, cmon guys just think.
    Alliance and horde has 2 different parts, on your 3 zones 99% of players will be ally 1% will be horde doing the war campaing.
    Even if you die few times il will be worth.
    When you will do the war campain and you will go on horde zone turn off the war mode.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try to level with it to check how it feels. I'm not interested in bonus but I like world PvP.

yes

1. it speeds up leveling due to xp buffs and extra damage from pvp talents
    2. wont meet any ally anyway since leveling zones are separate and they wont really cross over en masse in the first hours.
    3. people usually abide the honour system during leveling anyway and dont attack each other.

for WQs I'll turn it on cos world pvp can be fun, and the AP rewards are also good.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2018-07-21 at 10:12 PM.

Will see how it goes... and it might depend on what I'm gonna Level up.

For now I've picked yes tho

yeah cause wife and I plan to reach max level w/in the first 24 hours.

Then never turning it on again, I loathe pvp in this game and WPVP is a cancer IMO.
    I am not pro Flight, I am pro a better more engaging game. I just took the pro flight stance cause I knew Blizzard couldn't deliver. Looks like I was right

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes and no. First of all, I might not play BfA at all, unless the next raid tier is something great. Was in beta since late-april and not really fond of the changes in BfA. Secondly, War Mode is only ok for the first 3 days or so. After that, the enemy faction is gonna camp the areas you are leveling in and you won't be able to level up. I believe it will be a vanilla ganging. So if I dont start with launch, I won't use war mode at all. If I do start at launch, I will use it for the first 48-72 hours and then turn it off, possibly forever. Ganging in groups on players that are trying to level up is the main reason I hated vanilla. Too many no-lifers that actually enjoy going 2v1, 3v1, etc. War Modes fate is predetermined.

I've always played on pvp servers, so turning off warmode would pretty much ruin the game for me, pvp during leveling barely ever happens, everyone wants to level up.

Deleted
    For about the first week, there's no reason not to level with warmode on. Given that we're going to be on two separate land masses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already using it. Since patch launch i have got 3 additional 110s (from 90+). Should have my monk to 110 tonight or tomorrow. Using warmode as an excuse to cap every class. The PVP talents are just so juicy for leveling. And so far i have not run into but one ganker (110 rogue) during invasions, and 4 of us 101-106 were able to kill him.

Did see a person complaining in general about getting ganked while in warmode, kindly explained to him how to go back and turn on carebear mode. "But mai XPs" was his only response. Shortly later i saw him getting ganked by 2 103s, waved at him and flew on.

- - - Updated - - -

I too miss the time of being on a pvp server that is 90% one faction. Such fun. /s
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.