Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Overall Best 1v1 Class

Hi everyone! Every xpac I level every class to max but due to not having as much time nowadays I'll only be leveling 1 character. I normally keep to myself and collect things in game. I like to farm materials to make gold and do world quests. I want to leave War Mode on 100% of the time. I want to be able to hold my own. I'm not looking for the FOTM class for pvp, I just want to know your opinion what the best 1v1 class that will stand the test of time or has always done decently well. While we're at it, mind listing both ranged and melee? Thanks so much! I'm having a hard time picking a class to main and this will help a lot. I'm not really the best at pvp but I want to really dive in deep and win some of the 1v1 battles I will most definitely face.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    Enhancement shaman

Deleted
    It's pretty hard to lose a 1v1 as a retardin.

Melee - Rogue/Ret
    Caster - Frost Mage

7+ Year Old Account
    For BFA maxlevel? Retardation Paladin, insane heals, good damage, lacks mobility, but who cares if he can just outsustain you. Currently? Rogue I guess.
    But one soul lies anxious wide awake Fearing no manner of ghouls, hags and wraiths...

Quote Originally Posted by OpieOP View Post
    For BFA maxlevel? Retardation Paladin, insane heals, good damage, lacks mobility, but who cares if he can just outsustain you. Currently? Rogue I guess.
    BFA. I really like rogue and ret. I'd lean ret because I don't want to be stuck with daggers forever. I refuse to play outlaw.

I was also thinking warrior but heals wouldn't be as good as a pally.

Deleted
    BM hunter all the way. Only things that give me trouble are locks (too much crap to chew through) and rogues when I don't have cds.
    BM is a kite monster in BFA.

Rets aren't a threat to me, what with that horrendous mobility of theirs, and BM's 100% mobility.

But yeah, I can see rets being an issue for specs that can't kite.

This is all in BFA of course, cba with pvp in prepatch.
    Last edited by mmocb32a24d4db; 2018-07-19 at 06:56 AM.

Right now it's PvE paladins hands down.

Deleted
    Every dps class/spec has at least one counter class. So i would say pick up a healer, because most healers are unkilalble 1 vs 1, or even 1 vs 2. Discipline Priest is your best option: you won't die + you can kill most classes thx to your nice dps. Resto druid is also good and very fun option,maybe Holy Paladin with melee wings too. Some tanks are also very strong 1 vs 1. So i am not sure if dps is what you are looking for.

Overall i would say Paladin: all three specs are great for 1 vs 1. Ret is probably one of the strongest dps spec for 1 vs 1, Protection is unkillable + dmg is not bad at all, Holy is also fun: you won't die 1 vs 1 ever + dmg is not low at all for a healer.

No healer can be killed 1v1. Their healing throughput is way too high, they have many instant heals, don't need to cast really, their mana never ends even when they pretty much spam all they can in BGs (except for dispells maybe). Tanks as well, tank vs tank is a neverending story. As far as DPS classes go none can 1v1 a tank on similar skill level and usually even when they're better. In case od DPS specs same shit as always - retardin and rogues, perhaps a DK.

How good is WW Monk currently with all the nerfs?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barrin View Post
    How good is WW Monk currently with all the nerfs?
    Monk is meh in BFA, in line with enh shaman and frost dk.

Rogue or pally. bm hunter for range.

Rets and rogues all over the place, been dueling since patch launched and 90% of the people I've fought are a rogue or a ret.

That's just because they are rather noob friendly atm. They are totally beatable by a lot of things but you got to have your shit together.
    Rets being silly is a bit of a tradition in prepatches.
    Last edited by glowzone; 2018-07-20 at 03:06 PM.

I got literally globalled by a retadin and MM hunter today, so I would vote for those two. MM probably doesn't have the self-healing, but it's hard to say no to 25k or however much single target burst. Retadin is where it is at though, if you have the gear.

I see people complain and talk about rogue a lot too, but I have yet to meet a scary rogue. There seems to be some setup involved with their burst, and even a simple root will swat them away.

On another note balance is overtuned as fuck atm. Starsurge hits like a truck and so do the dots. The self-healing is better than ever too. You can even save others with your healing. I don't want to draw too much attention to this though.

Thank you so much for all of the input you guys. It was a very hard decision. I've played all the classes to max every expac on Bleeding Hollow. I wanted to choose one this time and use my 110 boost on a different server. That way when I log in I don't have to see all of my other classes and want to play them. I also wanted to play a different faction for once. ALSO I wanted to see RP play out. Probably won't join in but I've seen a lot of cool community events in the forums and have always wanted to see them.

I made a rogue.

Was so difficult and I almost wish I would have made a pally but I've already used the boost.

Agree on boomkin. Very strong atm. Hope it will stay the same at 120.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I got literally globalled by a retadin and MM hunter today, so I would vote for those two. MM probably doesn't have the self-healing, but it's hard to say no to 25k or however much single target burst. Retadin is where it is at though, if you have the gear.

I see people complain and talk about rogue a lot too, but I have yet to meet a scary rogue. There seems to be some setup involved with their burst, and even a simple root will swat them away.

On another note balance is overtuned as fuck atm. Starsurge hits like a truck and so do the dots. The self-healing is better than ever too. You can even save others with your healing. I don't want to draw too much attention to this though.
    What exactly did the ret use that dealt 30k damage from a *single* button press?

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    What exactly did the ret use that dealt 30k damage from a *single* button press?
    Gorshalach legacy trinket, along with a TV that took away half my health.