Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Gorshalach legacy trinket, along with a TV that took away half my health.
    Ah. So it was the known scaling issue with antorus trinkets. Gotcha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mardux View Post
    Ah. So it was the known scaling issue with antorus trinkets. Gotcha.
    Glad to have helped you understand.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksnake View Post
    Hi everyone! Every xpac I level every class to max but due to not having as much time nowadays I'll only be leveling 1 character. I normally keep to myself and collect things in game. I like to farm materials to make gold and do world quests. I want to leave War Mode on 100% of the time. I want to be able to hold my own. I'm not looking for the FOTM class for pvp, I just want to know your opinion what the best 1v1 class that will stand the test of time or has always done decently well. While we're at it, mind listing both ranged and melee? Thanks so much! I'm having a hard time picking a class to main and this will help a lot. I'm not really the best at pvp but I want to really dive in deep and win some of the 1v1 battles I will most definitely face.
    at current 1v1 Aff Warlock.

stack all dots, run Siphon life, pvp talent into drain life refreshing all dots, run 3 stack final talent, drain life people to death. while kiting them with Death coil. im 101 ilvl 167 ilvl, killing people with 230 ilvl 110lvl
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    BM hunter all the way. Only things that give me trouble are locks (too much crap to chew through) and rogues when I don't have cds.
    BM is a kite monster in BFA.

Rets aren't a threat to me, what with that horrendous mobility of theirs, and BM's 100% mobility.

But yeah, I can see rets being an issue for specs that can't kite.

This is all in BFA of course, cba with pvp in prepatch.
    really? cause in legion most melee classes were glued onto you 24/7.
    that would be a nice surprise.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime92 View Post
    No healer can be killed 1v1. Their healing throughput is way too high, they have many instant heals, don't need to cast really, their mana never ends even when they pretty much spam all they can in BGs (except for dispells maybe). Tanks as well, tank vs tank is a neverending story. As far as DPS classes go none can 1v1 a tank on similar skill level and usually even when they're better. In case od DPS specs same shit as always - retardin and rogues, perhaps a DK.
    Rouge can 2 shot resto druid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    really? cause in legion most melee classes were glued onto you 24/7.
    that would be a nice surprise.
    Master's Call is back. Intimidate is baseline for BM. Camouflage is now safely accesable because the other tier options is a slightly shorter cd for the heal, and something that's utterly useless for pvp. BM now has a bleed to fuck with those rogues.

On top of this, the more mobile melee classes have received nerfs. Trust me, BM is gonna be a monster for casual pvp in BFA, not sure about arena cause I don't care about arena pvp.

I got literally globalled by a retadin and MM hunter today, so I would vote for those two. MM probably doesn't have the self-healing, but it's hard to say no to 25k or however much single target burst. Retadin is where it is at though, if you have the gear.

I see people complain and talk about rogue a lot too, but I have yet to meet a scary rogue. There seems to be some setup involved with their burst, and even a simple root will swat them away.

On another note balance is overtuned as fuck atm. Starsurge hits like a truck and so do the dots. The self-healing is better than ever too. You can even save others with your healing. I don't want to draw too much attention to this though.
    Yeh I am destroying people on my ret. I am also fully mythic geared though so that might be part of it :P

There was a hunter I was 1v1ing in a battleground and he was just running circles around me. Literally couldn't touch him. Just had to waddle around. I pressed freedom+steed and I was CC'd right away. steed was gone and freedom is gone but I was snared again. I finally got 15 yards away and he disengages. he literally just did /laugh /laugh /laugh the whole time. 2 others came and they teamed up on me. I might have been able to kill him eventually since execution sentence does a lot of damage and rets can self heal a lot.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2018-07-22 at 07:48 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yeh I am destroying people on my ret. I am also fully mythic geared though so that might be part of it :P
    Yeah, it's a gear issue, but ret is strong in BFA as well. Check Arrow Assasin's youtube, he swears the strongest specs for casual pvp in BFA are rogues, rets, BM hunters, boomkins and demo locks. Most OP of all being rogues and his main - the BM hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Rets being silly is a bit of a tradition in prepatches.
    Spoilers: They are/were even more ridiculous on the premade lvl 120 PVP beta test realm.

Glad to have helped you understand.
    You didn't help me understand why you chose to frame an item scaling problem (that is an issue for all classes) as though its an "omg ret is still op after their nerfs" problem.

You didn't help me understand why you chose to frame an item scaling problem (that is an issue for all classes) as though its an "omg ret is still op after their nerfs" problem.
    You might want to go back and read to see that I explicitly mentioned gear. Maybe I'll help you improve your reading comprehension too.

Deleted
    I got literally globalled by a retadin and MM hunter today, so I would vote for those two. MM probably doesn't have the self-healing, but it's hard to say no to 25k or however much single target burst. Retadin is where it is at though, if you have the gear.

I see people complain and talk about rogue a lot too, but I have yet to meet a scary rogue. There seems to be some setup involved with their burst, and even a simple root will swat them away.

On another note balance is overtuned as fuck atm. Starsurge hits like a truck and so do the dots. The self-healing is better than ever too. You can even save others with your healing. I don't want to draw too much attention to this though.
    So edit your post, huehue.
    I'm thinking about ret or maybe switching it up, but I tried priest going into legion and I didn't like it and with the legendary rngfest I just stopped playing till like 2 months ago.

Not sure if I wanna try something new again as paladin seems fine atm.
    But I did go priest because I wanted something new and i guess balance will be better for m+ too, and that's something I would like to do more in bfa.

And what did you play in those duels?

Maybe read it again instead of framing it like "omg ret is still OP after their nerfs*
    Last edited by mmocd9c49027e6; 2018-07-22 at 08:32 PM.

Deleted
    You can troll any melee as arcane with manabarrier and your blinks.

10+ Year Old Account
    What kind of 1v1? In duels I'd say prob Rets in open world PvP it's fucking hard to ever kill a Rogue 1v1.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by InfectHerGadget View Post
    So edit your post, huehue.
    I'm thinking about ret or maybe switching it up, but I tried priest going into legion and I didn't like it and with the legendary rngfest I just stopped playing till like 2 months ago.

Not sure if I wanna try something new again as paladin seems fine atm.
    But I did go priest because I wanted something new and i guess balance will be better for m+ too, and that's something I would like to do more in bfa.

And what did you play in those duels?

Maybe read it again instead of framing it like "omg ret is still OP after their nerfs*
    Not sure tbh I have been PvPing on a lot of different characters since the prepatch hit. Idk what the prospects for priest are at 120, but right now shadow is meh, holy is good and disc is immortal. You might want to give disc a go if you haven't yet before it is too late, it's a lot of fun.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    at current 1v1 Aff Warlock.

stack all dots, run Siphon life, pvp talent into drain life refreshing all dots, run 3 stack final talent, drain life people to death. while kiting them with Death coil. im 101 ilvl 167 ilvl, killing people with 230 ilvl 110lvl
    I play Affliction 110, 213 ilvl and i must say it's one of the worst class to 1 vs 1 with. With my melee chars i eat Affliction locks for breakfast in BGs, so please, stop trolling that you can kill 110 with your 101 affliction. If you killed one very drunk person that doesn't mean you can do it vs prepared opponents.

Rouge can 2 shot resto druid
    Mythic geared Rogue might do it vs low geared Resto. But in my case, i play resto ilvl 219, Rogues are no threat to me. They are strong but i can outheal their dmg most of the time.

Deleted
    Not sure tbh I have been PvPing on a lot of different characters since the prepatch hit. Idk what the prospects for priest are at 120, but right now shadow is meh, holy is good and disc is immortal. You might want to give disc a go if you haven't yet before it is too late, it's a lot of fun.
    I might give disc a try but i did level my paladin and had a lot more fun.
    So picking between paladin and druid, maybe warrior as I heard a lot of good things about them too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu View Post
    I play Affliction 110, 213 ilvl and i must say it's one of the worst class to 1 vs 1 with. With my melee chars i eat Affliction locks for breakfast in BGs, so please, stop trolling that you can kill 110 with your 101 affliction. If you killed one very drunk person that doesn't mean you can do it vs prepared opponents.
    well ill put it like this,

my Aff lock does and can kill 110's and i have yet to meet one that i cant kill in a one v one.

maybe ive gotten lucky,

but your speaking on 110 v 110, so you all have the same scaling.

my 101 Warlock is fully decked with 164 gear, and 1 legend. so im unsure if im just lucky with the scaling on stats, or not.

but i dont find any issues.

maybe at max lvl it will be differnt.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    well ill put it like this,

my Aff lock does and can kill 110's and i have yet to meet one that i cant kill in a one v one.

maybe ive gotten lucky,

but your speaking on 110 v 110, so you all have the same scaling.

my 101 Warlock is fully decked with 164 gear, and 1 legend. so im unsure if im just lucky with the scaling on stats, or not.

but i dont find any issues.

maybe at max lvl it will be differnt.
    Low level is meaningless. I was in leveling in WoD areas and was lev 94 when this 100 blood elf ret pala attacked me, and I beat him after he blew every cd he had, even LoH. Turns out dots, fear spam and drain life are great at beating up things.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gorshalach legacy trinket, along with a TV that took away half my health.
    Yea soo right now some legendaries work double. Like cloak on ret and the talent thats 15 x2 extra damage so 30% extra on spenders.
    Combine that with 100 talent and gorshalech trinket and there is your global. Dont even need wibgs for this.