Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ret, BM and Rogue are all pretty strong right now from my experience.

5+ Year Old Account
    Rogue / Paladin is unstoppable.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    What kind of 1v1? In duels I'd say prob Rets in open world PvP it's fucking hard to ever kill a Rogue 1v1.
    Open world PvP mainly. That's where I spend most of my time. I'm going to do enough on my rogue to unlock the dark iron race and level up a DI pally.

suprised noone is saying feral druid. I feel like I can't be killed on mine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Master's Call is back. Intimidate is baseline for BM. Camouflage is now safely accesable because the other tier options is a slightly shorter cd for the heal, and something that's utterly useless for pvp. BM now has a bleed to fuck with those rogues.

On top of this, the more mobile melee classes have received nerfs. Trust me, BM is gonna be a monster for casual pvp in BFA, not sure about arena cause I don't care about arena pvp.
    Yes in Open PvP and BGs BM is pretty good, in Arena it is 'okay' and better rogues in arena still stick like glue on you, but thats because you get stunned like 50% of the arena match and in the downtime he has his movement cds. The other melees are pretty easy to kite at the moment.

Deleted
    Rogue in legion open world pvp are almost unbeatable only due to the vanishing powders which can be spammed. Without that then a decent paladin or tanky melee shouldn't have a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Assa rogues and ret pallies are beyond broken, why even play a warrior?
    "The sword is mightier than the pen, and considerably easier to kill with."

At the moment when it comes to melee it is between Retribution Paladins and Rogues. When it comes to ranged its between boomies and Frost Mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    MM probably doesn't have the self-healing, but it's hard to say no to 25k or however much single target burst.
    Unless we're talking an aimed shot from stealth, it's a super long and slow cast, you have days to get off a cc or get out of los so it doesn't hit you. Literally one of the worst specs in game right now, survival tho might even give a decent ret paly a run for their money.

Disc priest easily. Or are healers not allowed?

Retri Paladin, Assa Rogue, BM Hunter

Deleted
    From my experience, BM hunters (and ofc rogues/ret, but they won't stay like that for sure).
    Unless I failed badly/had no CD, I was pretty much able to beat every spec in a 1v1 situation. They have great mobility and self healing with spirit mend, and if you tryhard nobody gets the engage against you with camo etc.

if we exclude the "getting jumped and CC'd from 100 to 0" situation, SV is actually a good pick (at least right now)
    you have most of your dmg on range, an immunity, a BL, a gap-closer and you can reset with feign death->camouflage.
    not to mention that their dmg seems to be brokenly high right now, i feel like doing way more (compared to others) now than before 8.0.

Deleted
    checked the comments so far, I have to agree with ppl recommending BM.

Playing bm both live and 120 pvp server and referring specifically to world pvp and duels, BM is unstoppable. Literally zero issues vs rogues, rets or other fotm classes. Surpriseingly after countless duels I only lost to a really good shadow priest.

Right now, it's Rogue. Probably not as OP as last prepatch before legion when they were bleeding people out in 3 seconds tops with the hemo + exanguinate + internal bleeding build, but they're still really overtuned for 110 play.

They've always been a pretty retard proof class in general for 1v1s with an incredibly low skill ceiling, so I guess I'd either say Rogues or Locks as the best 1v1 since they have stood the test of time as being very strong through the last many expansions.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Right now, it's Rogue. Probably not as OP as last prepatch before legion when they were bleeding people out in 3 seconds tops with the hemo + exanguinate + internal bleeding build, but they're still really overtuned for 110 play.

They've always been a pretty retard proof class in general for 1v1s with an incredibly low skill ceiling, so I guess I'd either say Rogues or Locks as the best 1v1 since they have stood the test of time as being very strong through the last many expansions.
    Warlock?

Have you played one in 1vs1 situations? They lose to almost every class right now lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Neclord View Post
    Warlock?

Have you played one in 1vs1 situations? They lose to almost every class right now lol.
    Ok? didn't the OP say that he was curious about the class that has been known to "withstand the test of time"?

I took that to mean that after we are at max level and the first waves of nerfs/buffs hit, the warlock has always been able to do well in duels for many expansions.

I told OP which class was OP now, which is irrelevant tbh, and then gave my opinions on what classes have always been good duel classes at max level.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Arms warrior feels like there's no class I can actually beat 1v1. Probably just me though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Since you want to world pvp, just go rogue so you can dip and dirge when you please.

rogue was just too OP

too much damage and too much CC