Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    I can still kill pretty much everything (well not healers OF COURSE) in 1v1 with my BM hunter even after all the nerfs. The spirit beast heal is OP in 1v1
    Ehm, you must be playing against people who still haven't figured out how to play against BM. It ain't that difficult to CC the pet and focus on the hunter...

After the latest nerf to BM and buffs to other classes, it is easy to get outdamaged or outsustained in a 1v1 as BM. All it takes is an oppontent who knows to CC the pet first and then come after you.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkaholic View Post
    How exactly does a rogue spam envenom? U need combo points. Also, to get 90% slow, u need 3 different dots and one of those dots requires combo points.
    Just a small reminder how delusional the average rogue player is.

If Blizzard nerfs your HIGH-SKILL-COMPLICATED-ABILITY/TALENT just as hard as any passive overtuned trait/talent, you know how far away your own skill is, when you describe a passive ability as complicated to use.

Assassination
    System Shock (PvP Talent) damage reduced by 33%.

Disregard...
    Last edited by CantLogIn; 2018-10-14 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Whiners gonna whine...

Who thinks current rogue got a chance against the best specs in 1on1?

Its hard for some here, but remember, pvp is very different in each bracket and not so obvious as the current arena meta suggests, for 1on1 we must look at the whole package.

Maybe outlaw, but i could rule out the other 2 specs, since sub got no dmg anymore and assassin lacks mobility and gets hard countered by frost mages and is on par with warriors and rets when calculating uptime on a frost mage, without preperation and better ranged talents that could break casts at least, this is an impossible fight, now. It was all here, but got pruned in legion allready.

At BfA release outlaw and sub was a contestor beeing best in duels, it changed after several hotfixes.

The question is who is best now?

other than disc, maybe tank DH, the mobility alone is something to look at and he can't be bursted down easily, deals bursty dmg with a certain build, and sees through stealth.

So, hopefully we can get real contenders now, its 1vs1 not arena. No arena setups. Thx.

10+ Year Old Account
    While your toon is still alive, you haven't lost technically - your opponent won't give anything - neither honor nor HK or bounty count.

A good Rogue will never ever die outdoors in a 1vs1 scenario. It is impossible, considering all the CC and escape tools they got, unless a glitch / game freeze / Internet disconnection are about. Even vs DH tank, Blood Dk or Ret, which Rogues have problems killing, you can just run away, reset and come back, if not for the kill, but to harass the player with saps and other annoyances till your heart's content, and there is little they can do to prevent it.

Another immortal spec atm is Disc. So, its tight close between Discs and Rogues.

Indeed Disc does seem immortal only time will tell how long

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    While your toon is still alive, you haven't lost technically - your opponent won't give anything - neither honor nor HK or bounty count.

A good Rogue will never ever die outdoors in a 1vs1 scenario. It is impossible, considering all the CC and escape tools they got, unless a glitch / game freeze / Internet disconnection are about. Even vs DH tank, Blood Dk or Ret, which Rogues have problems killing, you can just run away, reset and come back, if not for the kill, but to harass the player with saps and other annoyances till your heart's content, and there is little they can do to prevent it.

Another immortal spec atm is Disc. So, its tight close between Discs and Rogues.
    Rogue will lose to a hunter, even if he tries to run. Hunters have every counter to a rogue: flare, bleeds and pet that hits from behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post

try read something, too.

Staying in stealth and do nothing is not as awesome as it sounds...the game does not hand you out rewards for not pariticpating and just annoying people with saps. I meet tanks even in skirmish, what do you plan to do there with a rogue? Also sometimes you have to use your one and only vanish offensively to score a kill and you got no legion vanish powder for unlimited resets or a second vanish with preperation as in wod. Despite o vertuned beta numbers and good arena setups, rogues in BfA got very pruned.

As it stands, nothing beats disc and dh tanks, in warmode/1on1 until nerfs arrive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    Rogue will lose to a hunter, even if he tries to run. Hunters have every counter to a rogue: flare, bleeds and pet that hits from behind.
    dh tanks, too. Last time i saw one as FC in a BG he took 3 flaggs solo and a group of 5 people could not stop him. He is insanely fast, faster than any druid afaik. should lover his jump cd.

Its remarkable when there are obstacles like rivers, too. 2 front bursts and cc was not enough to kill him in the flagg room either.

And this was all after the azerite tank and def nerfs.

frost mages are great against sin at least not so much against sub/outlaw, assassin has zero mobility it can be exploited easily, frost mages have the current best snare, roots and ice block to remove dots.

People that say rogue do not play on live servers currently or never serously invested time in 1vs1 and think we still have preperation, a dagger on range for interrupts, Burst of Speed and feint not on a 15 sec cd.(probably the biggest survivabilty rogue nerf in BfA i have seen so far)
    Last edited by Tyrannica; 2018-10-15 at 04:17 PM.

How is shadow doing? Haven't played in ages and likely won't return soon (fuck, I'm poor), but I'd like to be updated. I'm think mainly for random bgs and perhaps some rbgs if people still play those. Did have fun with my shadow in Legion but felt ever so useless against melee.

How is the faction balance? My shadow is alliance and that faction sucked tremendously in bgs in Legion - is it still the same?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Deleted
    rogue will always be the best 1vs1 class since 2005 because of how flawed the combat system in this game is for pvp. PVE mechanics applying on pvp don't mesh well together, thats why the game reached critical point during MoP and WoD where everyclass had tons of CC, the game was a CC fiesta. The game is still a CC fiesta even nowadays despite the prune because blizzard are too afraid to really prune CC instead of pruning situational abilities that never bothered anyone.
    And on top of it rogues get to keep their absurdly long CC chains while dealing strong damage while having way better survivability then fucking plate classes,its a total joke. The class itself has always been toxic for the game because of the "balance pvp around 3vs3" which always secures rogues the top spot with mages and priests. Rogues get to nuke people and be superior to almost every spec in terms of toolkit for the sake of it. A good 3vs3 class which happens to be the king of 1vs1 and can naturally be super powerful in large group fights too because their are designed to be full of strengths and not enough drawbacks

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post

That was the case long ago.

Flare: rogue's sap has superior range to flare which means a rogue can easily sap a hunter standing in the middle of his flare until the flare runs out. He can also sap+remove the trap before starting his opener.
    Bleeds: is that an argument? Most classes have some sort of bleed/dot effect nowadays, its not like CoS doesn't exist.
    Pet: well the bugged vanish may still exist but thats not an inherent hunter advantage.

This is not vanilla hunter vs rogue anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    Bleeds: is that an argument? Most classes have some sort of bleed/dot effect nowadays, its not like CoS doesn't exist.
    Cloak of shadow doesn't remove bleeds.
    Be strong, Clarence! Be strong for mother!

[Edited]

My short answer would be rogue. Good cc, good damage ability to escape and reset a 1vs1 fight.

For ranged, a bit more tricky ranged is not in a great place at the mo, my gut feeling is mage, as depending on spec you have huge burst or decent cc.

Healers are a decent option, but they go in and out of favour (Disc is strong, not immortal 1vs1 but so are RDruids and other healers).

Tanks will always be a good wildcard option, currently the Blood Dk's have the best self healing of them - DH tanks will always be sought after for RBG's for maneuverability.
    Last edited by ilik2345; 2018-10-23 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    A simple Assassination Rogue opener allready brings everyone without immunitys to 10-15% Hitpoints. Spamming Evenom for extra lol 20-25k crits AND getting the free 90% SLOW with it, is just for the lulz, you don't even need it.

You don't need any feint/evasion/cloak/vanish/Kidneyshot/blind/vial-heal bullshit, since most players (ilvl doesnt matter, thanks for pvp scaling) just die before they could do anything.

There is no good/bad if all you have to do is apply 2 bleeds and a bleed empower cooldown in your first 3 GCD's.

A zero rampup class with DoTs/Bleeds is the stupidest thing you can imagine.
    this is written by someone who clearly does not play a rogue.

Shamy of course man!even dont try to tell something else)

rogue will always be the best 1vs1 class since 2005 because of how flawed the combat system in this game is for pvp. PVE mechanics applying on pvp don't mesh well together, thats why the game reached critical point during MoP and WoD where everyclass had tons of CC, the game was a CC fiesta. The game is still a CC fiesta even nowadays despite the prune because blizzard are too afraid to really prune CC instead of pruning situational abilities that never bothered anyone.
    And on top of it rogues get to keep their absurdly long CC chains while dealing strong damage while having way better survivability then fucking plate classes,its a total joke. The class itself has always been toxic for the game because of the "balance pvp around 3vs3" which always secures rogues the top spot with mages and priests. Rogues get to nuke people and be superior to almost every spec in terms of toolkit for the sake of it. A good 3vs3 class which happens to be the king of 1vs1 and can naturally be super powerful in large group fights too because their are designed to be full of strengths and not enough drawbacks

- - - Updated - - -

Flare: rogue's sap has superior range to flare which means a rogue can easily sap a hunter standing in the middle of his flare until the flare runs out. He can also sap+remove the trap before starting his opener.
    Pet: well the bugged vanish may still exist but thats not an inherent hunter advantage.

which rogue spec is a problem in 1on1 and for what class?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    [Edited]

My short answer would be rogue. Good cc, good damage ability to escape and reset a 1vs1 fight.
    again, which spec, against what class? Or tell me what spec is so powerful of a rogue that it wins all 1vs1 fights?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Ret. Best burst, best hybrid self healing. Most defensives.
    easy to kite, next.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    if we're talking about DPS then: Rogue(not outlaw), Paladin(ret), Hunter(BM). Ferals are rather good as well.
    what do you mean with "not outlaw"?

If any rogue spec is good in 1on1 it is definately outlaw!

No, not ret for the same reasion as assassin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vashe9 View Post
    I can still kill pretty much everything (well not healers OF COURSE) in 1v1 with my BM hunter even after all the nerfs. The spirit beast heal is OP in 1v1
    this is kinda true, maybe we see new hunter specs soon with the MM overhaul.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nyhtt View Post
    Ret pally has been the best 1v1 since like forever. You have BoP and Bubble on top of self heals and amazing burst dmg. It is kinda hard to lose as a ret 1v1 and sometimes 1v2 because you can reset the fight with a bubble and some heals.
    Why people keep to say ret pally? You kite them and they are dead without ever touching you.

If you can't kite on your class you are simply a victim of the stone, scissor, paper balance.

No wonder, the views here are so mixed, but, i consider the best duel dps class, a class that could not be kited with sticky dmg.

In this regard even an Unholy DK does much better than rets and assassin rogues, the dead pvp class.

Look at this video it was made before the nerfs on rogues:

Its not my video, but i just recently reproduced its results and its very true, you can kite your arena melee overlords to death and they can do nothing about it, without another dd or healer they are trash in 1on1, figured, just for duels it works best with a dwarf and stoneform to remove all bleeds/dots. But its not even needed, if you don't fail in kiting.

likewise, you simply die as a very kiteable assassin rogue against a frost mage with half a brain, if he moves and kites and is aware of his slows, iceblock timed when vendetta and dots are up, or in some cases just use dwarf racial to remove everything.

Dying in a kidney only counts in arenas, or when you got no def cds left that are useable in a kidney, a mage simply blinks out of it, every single time, its just there to control the blink of a mage.

So people, don't say ret or assassin rogue, when its clear they have the least mobility in the game and could be very easily kited to death.

yeah, it seems people do no real duels anymore.....sad.

People took it more seriously in past expansions and the scene was much more active.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think any class can beat every class. The fairest thing is what can beat the most classes 1v1 and in that case I'd say Warlock, Mage or Rogue.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrannica View Post
    which rogue spec is a problem in 1on1 and for what class?
    again, which spec, against what class? Or tell me what spec is so powerful of a rogue that it wins all 1vs1 fights?
    The original question was not asking about current flavour of the month specs, it asked what class generally has faired best in 1vs1. My answer was rogue.

So people, don't say ret or assassin rogue, when its clear they have the least mobility in the game and could be very easily kited to death.

yeah, it seems people do no real duels anymore.....sad.

People took it more seriously in past expansions and the scene was much more active.
    I would refer back to the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by blacksnake View Post
    Hi everyone! Every xpac I level every class to max but due to not having as much time nowadays I'll only be leveling 1 character. I normally keep to myself and collect things in game. I like to farm materials to make gold and do world quests. I want to leave War Mode on 100% of the time. I want to be able to hold my own. I'm not looking for the FOTM class for pvp, I just want to know your opinion what the best 1v1 class that will stand the test of time or has always done decently well. While we're at it, mind listing both ranged and melee? Thanks so much! I'm having a hard time picking a class to main and this will help a lot. I'm not really the best at pvp but I want to really dive in deep and win some of the 1v1 battles I will most definitely face.

Quite clear you don't know the matchup

Hunter flare is to prevent rogue from vanishing to run, you don't start with flare out for the exact reason you listed.

Bleeds cannot be removed by cloak..

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I don't think any class can beat every class. The fairest thing is what can beat the most classes 1v1 and in that case I'd say Warlock, Mage or Rogue.
    from those mentioned its the mage. Youre welcome.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ilik2345 View Post
    The original question was not asking about current flavour of the month specs, it asked what class generally has faired best in 1vs1. My answer was rogue.
    He was talking about warmode, too, and this is an exclusive BfA feature, so i treat the post as such.

Other than live and ptr, balance, nothing really matters. Yeah, there was world of roguecraft in vanilla, SL/SL locks in TBC, DKs in wrath, and so on, but its history and does not matter, nothing of this matters after legions geat class redesign, it did not come without a great pruning of abilities and class design systems affecting 1on1 in most specs and while legion did a great job in hiding weaknesses by artefacts and legendaries, the ugly truth is now showing in BfA, after numbers get more adjusted.

So lots that worked in the past is now irrelevant, thanks to legions class design, bfas pvp scaling and adjusting of numbers.

My opinion on current live Duels is simple - regarding DDs only, any DD that can kite is best in 1on1 situations.

likewise, you simply die as a very kiteable assassin rogue against a frost mage with half a brain, if he moves and kites and is aware of his slows, iceblock timed when vendetta and dots are up, or in some cases just use dwarf racial to remove everything.

You very clearly play a rogue, and apparantly arent very good at dueling

If you (as an assa rogue) spec for dueling mages, its VERY easy to kill them 1v1, without even trying

First of all, you do realise mage slow is 5% better than rogue slows with master poisoner, rogues have the "best" slow in the game along with mages (i know that technically ret and dk slow is a higher %, but both are on GCD, and has a resource cost/long cooldown) ? and how easy it is to force ice block without vendetta?
    If the mage is playing without shimmer its even easier, yes he can blink stuns every 15 seconds, but he has 1, as his only mobility
    rogues have access to step (30sec), sprint (maneuverability honor talent 1min) which makes you immune to slows for 4 seconds if you didnt know
    you can even go as far as playing death from above as a gap closer (1 poisened knife -> 1 CP DFA -> Melee range )

Plus you have vanish to break roots/reset if he pops dmg, you have cloak for the same, you have blind to stop even more dmg

If you consistently lose to mages 1v1 as a rogue, you are seriously doing something wrong and need to look up how to rogue
    Rogues are insane this expac, and have access to alot more than most classes since they werent hit hard with prunes

Not saying mages arent good, (mage V Ret lol) but specifically rogues should win 90% of the time

to answer OP
    the best 1v1 class atm is prolly a windwalker JKlol
    i'd say a good rogue is really hard to beat for almost all specs, except a few outliers, but its generally the class that has the best chance vs the widest range of classes with the current tuning and the kit rogues has access to
    For a ranged class i'd prolly say a mage, they just flat out win vs some melee, like warrior(both specs) or ret (100%free), but also just instant loses to others like ferals, but im kinda biased seeing as i mainly play strong dueling classes
    (Monk, ret, mage, rogue, are generally my mains, depending on viability @Higher ratings)

Edit: just to clarify that i have experience

2.4k exp on rogue with my fair share of duels, with a decent winrate

2.6k exp on mage with an okay rate aswell
    so yes i do duel, quite a bit actually
    Last edited by Rollatorklm; 2018-10-28 at 08:52 AM.