Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Melee === Mostly i hate dealing with Retardin or Good rogue.

Caster==== frost magic or destruction warlock.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mmoc1448478633 View Post
    It's pretty hard to lose a 1v1 as a retardin.
    Never dueld decent mages?

Even a great mage can be beat by a decent Paladin. Ret just has too many tools

Quote Originally Posted by Town Crier View Post
    How do you even hit an arcane mage? They can kite the ret to Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Town Crier View Post
    Spell steal their freedom, slow them and kite them to oblivion. Paladin has always been hard countered by Mage. As long as u don’t let urself get burst down during wings ur good. Pretty much the only class that had major issues with that is warrior. Most other classes can run away during wings.

Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Spell steal their freedom, slow them and kite them to oblivion. Paladin has always been hard countered by Mage. As long as u don’t let urself get burst down during wings ur good. Pretty much the only class that had major issues with that is warrior. Most other classes can run away during wings.
    As a rogue who have tried several times to duel paladins.

Feel free to teach me if what im doing is wrong:

wings > i run
    Absorb bubble that explodes and does damage > i run
    Eye for an Eye > i run
    Bubble > i run

How many times do you want me to run away in a duel?

Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post

wings > i run
    Eye for an Eye > i run
    Bubble > i run

That’s literally rogues playstyle and strength. Reset fights until u can win.

Whatever class I'm on I'd 1v1 tf out of you lad

Mage will always be one of the top tier classes for dueling. It's just natural...

Quote Originally Posted by LichCorp View Post
    Mage will always be one of the top tier classes for dueling. It's just natural...
    It's funny when some people say Mage is top dueling class, while others say Mage can only beat Rets and bad Warriors and has no chance vs casters and hunter.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm wondering how much will change with next patch, when Freedom isn't dispellable any more (with a PvP talent).

Which class for SL?

S Tier: sub rogue, ww monk, shadow priest, mm hunter, ret pala, prot pala.

ops, that has been changed in an undocumented 'fix' like a year ago as i found out one lovely day in arena, Blessing of Freedom can no longer be Spell Stealed

- - - Updated - - -

pardon me if i'm being a noob, but how? you might be able to reset the fight but you might not and even if you do there are classes that outgun you while still being much more durable and having self heals

being a great kiter means much less when the opponent is also ranged

is it really that hard for a lock,shadow priest, balance druid or ele shaman to keep a single dot (or pet) on the mage so he can't get out of combat? food just got nerfed too, it 's regeneration now starts slowly and then builds up

for the record i do think i'm wrong and i'm actually looking to understand why, i know skill-capped also ranks mages as the best caster for duels yet in my experience when i was a mage i was always afraid of locks and spriests and eles while when i was on my lock i was always doing alot better vs mages than i was vs melee
    Last edited by Cyanu; 2020-11-10 at 09:29 PM.

Uh...what? Mages have always been garbage at 1v1. Like...the last time mages were good at 1v1 was back in WoTLK.

First of all, pretty much all ranged specs shit on mages. Hunters and warlocks will shit on a mage from the high heavens, they would have to be retarded and in a coma to lose a 1v1 against a mage. Shadow priests are a problem as well. Boomkins are an uphill battle.

And when it comes to melee specs, mages have clear advantages against ret palas, warriors, frost dks, and rogues.
    Unholy dks, ww monks, and feral druids, will usually beat a mage.

I swear I always hear this bullshit from people who either don't play a mage or are very delusional mage players.
    It used be warriors back in TBC who said "warriors own l2p noob" while eating dirt spoonfed to them by some random feral druid or mage or ret pala or rogue or whatever else beat warriors in 1v1 back then.

How are Prot Paladins in wPvP? Nigh unkillable and can't kill anyone either?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post

wings > i run
    Eye for an Eye > i run
    Bubble > i run

You should only be attacking if you have a stun available and he's off DR otherwise you can die in 2 globals. It will take several "go's" to kill a paladin and it can be hard to reset if you don't have los, but the same is true for any class. Paladin are the most beginner-friendly for this reason, they have the most outs they can use in any situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlord Anrakyr View Post
    Uh...what? Mages have always been garbage at 1v1. Like...the last time mages were good at 1v1 was back in WoTLK.

First of all, pretty much all ranged specs shit on mages. Hunters and warlocks will shit on a mage from the high heavens, they would have to be retarded and in a coma to lose a 1v1 against a mage. Shadow priests are a problem as well. Boomkins are an uphill battle.

And when it comes to melee specs, mages have clear advantages against ret palas, warriors, frost dks, and rogues.
    Unholy dks, ww monks, and feral druids, will usually beat a mage.

I swear I always hear this bullshit from people who either don't play a mage or are very delusional mage players.
    It used be warriors back in TBC who said "warriors own l2p noob" while eating dirt spoonfed to them by some random feral druid or mage or ret pala or rogue or whatever else beat warriors in 1v1 back then.

Lets compare mage vs lock in SL

Mage: best spec Fire aka 1 shot combustion spec that just kills faster than a destro could cast 1 chaos bolt, on demand.

Best pvp legendary gives them addtional absorb shields and turns mages into tanks.

Warlock: best spec affliction, no tankiness and BIS pvp legendary is just utility in team play. Demo is the only durable one spec with SL and sees no plays, as its dmg with tyrannt is easy to avoid.

Thus, mage is the better duel class in SL now as well and miles ahead in arena with just fire spec. If there is a problem with S Tier melees like ww monk or retri pala, they can just spec into arcane and make those cry rivers.

Its the age of magecraft....trust me on that.

For locks to be competitive here in anything duel and warmode like, they need a complete and utter overhaul of the ENTIRE class and bring back that tankiness that obviously got lost due to the bad class changes and the current burst meta.

Mages are like the opposite of rogues in that as soon as you introduce line of sight they can suddenly be beaten by a lot of specs, the opposite to how rogues need line of sight to be effective 1v1 against most specs. So any discussion of 1v1s has to take that into account. If we take a map like nagrand arena then there are plenty of specs that will shit on a mage.

Quote Originally Posted by intenz View Post
    Mages are like the opposite of rogues in that as soon as you introduce line of sight they can suddenly be beaten by a lot of specs, the opposite to how rogues need line of sight to be effective 1v1 against most specs. So any discussion of 1v1s has to take that into account. If we take a map like nagrand arena then there are plenty of specs that will shit on a mage.

Not exactly Nagrand Arena, but will watch out.

Mages are more like ranged rogues and not at all opposite. LoS does not work well with arcane due to insane mobility, resets, mass invis, and channels through pillars.

Would be more concerned with dispels as mage.