Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    You realize, though, that this is basically saying "yeah the restaurant didn't bring us drinks for 2 hours, but I wasn't thirsty until 2 hours later anyway so that was alright". You may not personally mind, but it was still a poor way to roll out the patch.

Apt way to put it.

Deleted
    YOu mean most of the content is timegated and staggered? Holy crap. It is almost like every content patch since Legion began. What? Finally lost you rose tinted glasses?

Deleted
    An entire week with no new content. The world is going to end.

Yeah kinda dissapointing to not being able to do anything yet as we all have waited so long, but seeing this from another perspective makes me also want to experience it when it acctually works properly. So if they need another week to solve most of the issues then by all means take another week. I mean we've waited long already so whats another 7 days...

quit acting like this isn't par the course for a prepatch to have the event itself staggered throughout the last month.

They cannot win. Nomatter what there will always be a person ready to cry. They spend more time, fix bugs and release content, people whine about the time they have to wait. They release earlier so you can get aquainted to changes and blizzard has time to get feedback before rolling out new content people cry about balance, content bla bla.

Your life will be so much easier if you dont discuss things like this and quit whining every time its not exactly what you hope for. Every prepatch its the same story. Last time it was "oh killing demons for gear is so boring and repetitive".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Another week to advance the story? Yuck.

I was all hyped but now... meh. Nothing really new yet.
    Another cancer post regarding pre-patch

You realize, though, that this is basically saying "yeah the restaurant didn't bring us drinks for 2 hours, but I wasn't thirsty until 2 hours later anyway so that was alright". You may not personally mind, but it was still a poor way to roll out the patch.
    Restaurant never said we will be getting drinks up until 2 hours later though. So what's your point?

Glad they gave us an extra week. Need time to update all my chars' UI, talents, keybinds, then finish reading Before the Storm and level some more alts. They get to fix problems before the actual content rolls out. Win-win for everyone. Sorry haters.

Deleted
    This is like complaining that the free bread given at the start of a meal isn't great. Doesn't matter considering its literally there to keep you mildly distracted while waiting for what comes next

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    This is like complaining that the free bread given at the start of a meal isn't great. Doesn't matter considering its literally there to keep you mildly distracted while waiting for what comes next
    It's the lead up to the premise of the whole story for BfA. This is more akin to being seated at a table but there being no floor until next week to reach it. This isn't stuff that is graciously granted to us, much of it is part of the next expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's the lead up to the premise of the whole story for BfA. This is more akin to being seated at a table but there being no floor until next week to reach it. This isn't stuff that is graciously granted to us, much of it is part of the next expansion.
    Well no. It may set up the premise for BFA but its doing it over time. Not sure why you'd expect everything to be there when they drop the prepatch. Also it's not really part of the expansion, it's part of the prepatch.

- - - Updated - - -

It's just not though. We've had no content for like what half a year? The point of a prepatch isn't to bring mahor content but to set up for the main course in a month. Any extra content in the prepatch is purely a distraction and or a small bridge to make the next expansion make more sense. In a better world Before the Storm would all be in game as part of a larger prepatch.

Pre-patch 101, first week to get used to the new skills and give people a chance who can’t log on the first day. 2nd week = it’s go time!

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Another week to advance the story? Yuck.

I was all hyped but now... meh. Nothing really new yet.
    every prepatch you have had to wait a week for the content, to make sure the content is working atleast decently.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    It's a fucking pre patch it's not going to be a wellspring of content
    DIDNT YOU KNOW prepatch needs to have 10 hours of questing content ON LAUNCH.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    what would it change if they put the first part of the questchain in there? uh wow 10 minutes of a time gated quest chain

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    YOu mean most of the content is timegated and staggered? Holy crap. It is almost like every content patch since Legion began. What? Finally lost you rose tinted glasses?
    you mean every patch since vanilla?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Yeah kinda dissapointing to not being able to do anything yet as we all have waited so long, but seeing this from another perspective makes me also want to experience it when it acctually works properly. So if they need another week to solve most of the issues then by all means take another week. I mean we've waited long already so whats another 7 days...
    if you have waited so long you can wait a week to experiance it without crashing every 15 minutes and geting kickedo ut of the scenario forcing you to do it over again

Deleted
    LoL you know its a shit thread when scarecrowz is in it. What a bunch of whiners :/

You knew exactly what to expect of this pre-patch and if you didnt think blizzard would timegate the quests you havent been paying attention the last 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Gives 'em another week of "open Beta"
    And 1-2 months until 8.1 and the end of "early access" BfA.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

No need for QA when players are stupid enough to resub to test it for free.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I'm glad they're giving it a week to fix shit. There is so much stuff broken now with the game and with addons, I'd be pissed if I did the pre-patch content.

I want to enjoy the pre-patch content. That can only happen with days of hotfixes and addons getting updated.
    I think this is the exact reason for the week delay. And I 100% agree.

Of course, the discussion of why there are so many things that need fixing.....that is an entirely different discussion....lol

Barely any content in pre patch.
    All we get is a chain quest that is also time gated oh and more world quests as if it weren't enough.