Question War Mode = RP Mode?

I've never been a big PvPer, but BfA feels like a PvP expansion. How better to RP a world at war? How better to simulate how your character would feel in such a world? Having to watch your back, look closer at strangers before approaching, use judgment on when to engage and when to avoid...

I know some RP has nothing to do with the story that Blizz is telling atm, but if you work in current events AT ALL, if current lore is part of your RP story, then it seems like WM should be part of that. With all its glory as well as its inconveniences.

It's a dangerous world! Light be with you.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

RPing getting the shit ganked out of you by saying "OW OW OW good sir"...

More on point, you would travel in groups for protection or be bold/suicidal and go lone wolf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

Rally the troops, gather the men!
    A goblin rogue is approaching
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

As much as anything, I like feeling that I have to be careful when I am out in the wilds.
    Isn't that how it's supposed to be when adventuring in a fantasy world?

Last edited by Felfaadaern Darkterror; 2018-07-19 at 07:45 AM. Reason: added pic

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I've never been a big PvPer, but BfA feels like a PvP expansion. How better to RP a world at war? How better to simulate how your character would feel in such a world? Having to watch your back, look closer at strangers before approaching, use judgment on when to engage and when to avoid...

I know some RP has nothing to do with the story that Blizz is telling atm, but if you work in current events AT ALL, if current lore is part of your RP story, then it seems like WM should be part of that. With all its glory as well as its inconveniences.

It's a dangerous world! Light be with you.
    Planning to use Warmode for leveling my next RP character - if we get another char slot - but the sad part is that even if a dangerous world but people are dicks by nature and wouldn't be able to accept people RP'ing, so using Warmode as a permanent thing just won't be for me.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

There is definitely no better way to make it truly feel like a faction war expansion than to try to do neutral WQs in warmode, that's for sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Going WM is like inviting all the trolls to come. Then again, as soon as they get bounty, then all the RP'ers that can PvP will retaliate.

We had it for our event and went bad.

I'm using it as said for my alts, going fine. Some classes people don't seem to go for.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    In a game where you respawn after some time? Nope.