A question on gold making in BFA

Hi all

I am trying to prepare myself for the coming xpac in terms of making gold and came to a stop on this thought.
    Now i have my Main (Mining/Jewel), my legion main (Herbs/mining), my garrison char (Enchanting/tailoring), my alt pala (Herbs/alchemy)

I first thought about taking my legion main to level and finding mats, but i recently joined a raiding guild and dont think i have to time to do that.

what do you think will make the most money (based on your experince on earlier xpacs) sell mats or lvl professions and sell them (jewelcrafting/enchanting/alchemy)?

I dont remember ever being this focused on money in the beginning of xpac and would like to make a long lasting choice
    I know it depends on how i use the money

Good day to all

It varies each expansion, herbing and mining is easy nobrain money, i did lots gold with cooking and alchemy this expansion , bought mats from ah mainly, some from bloods.
    Jc was pretty bad this expa or i didnt do enough research, same for enchanting, might been the competition. All profs can make money, just amount of research you need to do varies and depends on other ppl on server too.

All this conversation makes me miss the gold old days when we could actually make good money from jewelcrafting. ������

From my own experience, gathering will always make the most money at the beginning of an expansion. However, after the change to nodes where everyone can loot them (if you have the prof ofc), the money you can make is quite a lot less, and to be honest, I have not bothered the last expansions. That being said, money from herbs, ore, and skins will still be making you quite a lot of money for the first couple of weeks. After that, I don't think it's gonna be too crazy. From what I have seen in the last expansions, making gear to sell will not be a very good way to make money unless you rush to the "end" and can start to make "end game" items...But that is gonna either cost you a LOT of money or a lot of farming. Someone will always go this route, so I would opt to sell these people the materials and make your money that way

Short answer. Sell mats high at the beginning, and use mats to level your own profs when the prices calm down. Consumables like raid food, flasks and potions will always be in demand. Gems too, but to a lesser extent (you don't use gems every raid/every pull), so focus on those items, but be prepared to fight with all the other people selling on the auction house

Also, when posting your stuff, don't undercut a 50G item by 10G. Don't be that guy. If you don't want to make money, give your stuff away instead
    Last edited by Lilbruz; 2018-07-19 at 05:39 PM.

If you do not have as much time to gather you may want to consider just turning, or flipping mats. There are generally periods where selling materials is more profitable, IE. before flight is introduced to the game materials will sell for higher but with the changes to material nodes more recently (ie multiple people can loot them), there is much more competition for the market in general.

I like my main profession for each expansion to be whichever profession I believe will save me the most gold over the course of the xpac. Enchanting, Alchemy, or JC if raiding. JC can be kind of sketchy depending on how many sockets we are going to have on average in BFA. JC, and Alchemy are probably my 2 most profitable professions still though while doing absolutely no farming for them whatsoever. I just buy the mats for mounts off the AH and flip them for profit. Spend 1 minute creating profit instead of going out of your way to farm ore for hours. If I am crafting stuff with mats I purchased the amount of profit does not really matter as long as I am above the AH tax cut. Use whatever incidental materials you get from playing normally to reduce your personal costs so that you are also spending less and you will notice your gold pile going up.
    Personally Enchanting / X is my preference because DE turns crap you would just tell people to roll on into profit. It is selfish, but this is a post about making gold =P

Quote Originally Posted by DarthRigo View Post
    All this conversation makes me miss the gold old days when we could actually make good money from jewelcrafting. ������
    it feels like i made more money in legion with making necks/rings and sending them to my enchanter and DEing them for mats than selling cut gems...

10+ Year Old Account
    Mining/Herb for first month as well as getting those Goblin Gliders, because that will sell like hotcakes.

Craft legion consumables for the first week or two of BfA because they will sell out very quickly, same with gems/enchants. I am saving up all my potion of prolonged power to sell right away. I also have about 400 stacks of Legion Runes to sell when expansion hits.

Monelite Ore sells like crazy so far in BfA beta, so mining will be a much needed profession in BfA

- - - Updated - - -

I am planing to have my main and alts take mining.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”