Page 1 of 20
... LastLast
    The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account

Peaceful multicultural societies don’t exist, Dutch FM says in explosive leaked speec

“I have asked my ministry this and I will pose the question here as well,” Blok can be heard saying in the video. “Give me an example of a multi-ethnic or a multi-cultural society, in which the original population still lives, and where there is a peaceful cohabitation. I don’t know one.”

The minister went further and said it might be all fun and games to go to a “Turkish bakery on Sunday” if you live in a well-off part of a city, but a “number of side effects” promptly become tangible if one lives in a migrant-packed neighborhood.

“You very quickly reach the limits of what a society can take,” Blok stated.

One of the event goers gave Suriname as an example of a peaceful multicultural society. Bok, however, brushed off the claim, branding the former Dutch colony “a failed state.”

“And that is largely to do with the ethnic divisions,” Blok said.

Singapore was then given as an example of such a society. Blok agreed with that to a certain degree, stating, however, that the tiny South Asian country is actually very careful in its migration policies. “Singapore is indeed a mini-country, extremely selective in its migration,” Blok stated. “They do not allow poor migrants. Yes, eventually, possibly for cleaning.”

The minister also casted doubts on whether an agreement between the EU countries on “equal” distribution of migrants can actually be reached. Extreme levels of xenophobia, which allegedly persist in Eastern Europe would not allow the EU to “force through” such a deal, Blok claimed.

https://www.rt.com/news/433645-dutch...ral-societies/

I'm inclined to agree with him, it's impossible for them to exist due to differences in interests among the different groups.

Switzerland.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Switzerland.
    It's hard for people from European countries to move to Switzerland, even harder for non-europeans if not close to impossible for them, if you want to hold Switzerland as a successful country that other countries here should imitate, we should reduce our immigration significantly and make it close to impossible for non-europeans to come here.

Switzerland.
    Ethnic groups German 65%, French 18%, Italian 10%, Romansch 1%, other 6%

Yeah, those 6% really make it a multicultural society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    This country was born as a multicultural one, our right-wing gov showing why its shit, again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post

6%? lol, what are you even on about, it has 3 different ethnicities that make up more than 10%.

TIL German, French, and Italian are the same culture.

The more you know!

Deleted
    If one was to argue from a purely cultural violent clash, rather few seem that to any larger degree. Minorities being more prone to crime, is however an entirely other ordeal.

Deleted
    Some media aside, I have heard nothing but acclaim with varying levels of moderation (mostly because some people also think of their future career).

I haven't heard much else than that "immigration and integration failed" for 20 years now, possibly longer. People are becoming more and more vocal on this subject in recent years.

TIL German, French, and Italian are the same culture.

The more you know!
    Most western european countries have had the same values for ages. Yes, each country has its own flair and antics but they can easily assimilate into other societies. If you want to talk about major cultural differences then you have to look at the eastern Europe, western Europe, African countries, middle east ones, southern Asia, eastern Asia, etc. Now those cultures are actually different from one another in enough ways so that a country that houses a more than one of them can be called multicultural. If you are going to argue that european countries are that culturally different then you may go all the way and say every person in the world has a different culture and call even the most homogeneous countries "multicultural".

I hate how failing governments (including my own) and unscrupulous politicians are scapegoating immigrants and multiculturalism. In the UK and and I'm sure the US, immigrants basically built the country.

Multiculturalism = conflict

Most western european countries have had the same values for ages. Yes, each country has its own flair and antics but they can easily assimilate into other societies. If you want to talk about major cultural differences then you the eastern/western Europe division, African countries, middle east ones, southern Asia, eastern Asia, etc. If you are going to argue that european countries are that culturally different then you may go all the way and say every person in the world has a different culture and call even the most homogeneous countries "multicultural".
    German, French, and Italian are different cultures. You're trying to stretch the definition of culture to suit your agenda.

Deleted
    Most western european countries have had the same values for ages.
    Exactly, this isn't about different European cultures but the mismatch between western- and certain non-western cultures.

German, French, and Italian are different cultures. You're trying to stretch the definition of culture to suit your agenda.
    And your only example is a mini country that has been extremely careful with its immigration policies since forever and obtaining citizenship requires an extremely rigorous background check and lots of hoops to make sure you are actually integrated and have adopted the country's values and culture. So while it may house immigrants from different countries they have a single predominant culture that everyone has to accept - swiss.

And your only example is a mini country that has been extremely careful with its immigration policies since forever and obtaining citizenship requires an extremely rigorous background check and lots of hoops to make sure you are actually integrated and have adopted the country's values and culture. So while it may house immigrants from different countries they have a single predominant culture that everyone has to accept - swiss.
    France is also multicultural. So is Belgium. So is the UK.

Spain is as well though they've been having some issues with that lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Exactly, this isn't about different European cultures but the mismatch between western- and certain non-western cultures.
    Same thing was said about Jews, Africans, Chinese etc throughout history, How did those horrible non western cultures bring down western civilization?

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Same thing was said about Jews, Africans, Chinese etc throughout history, How did those horrible non western cultures bring down western civilization?
    Am I not supposed to enjoy the Chinese food in California that's here because of the Chinese immigrants?

Am I not supposed to enjoy the Chinese food in California that's here because of the Chinese immigrants?
    Here comes the people talking about the shallow parts of cultures again as if that's what people care about with multiculturalism.

France is also multicultural. So is Belgium. So is the UK.

Spain is as well though they've been having some issues with that lately.
    All of those countries have had issues with immigrants and have actual no go zones. Great examples. You are digging yourself even further, maybe you should stop now?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    I hate how failing governments (including my own) and unscrupulous politicians are scapegoating immigrants and multiculturalism. In the UK and and I'm sure the US, immigrants basically built the country.

What you really hate is that you ridiculous worldview and ideology is falling apart. And not all migrations are beneficial.