Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Chinese people are well integrated into American culture.

Just like Italians.

And Irish.

And Jews.

And latinos.

And blacks.

And basically every other race you can think of. Yes, including Arabs, and yes, including arabs who are muslim.

You shouldn't be asking "why multiculturalism doesn't work," you should be asking "why can't Europe make it work when the US succeeds at it?"
    You won't find many Europeans that want their countries turned into a melting pot. Nationalism and cultural identity are strong here, given the history it's perfectly valid and understandable. You shouldn't compare USA with the rest of the world since it's founding is based on completely different values.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    That's an attempt to cast everyone who belongs to a group you don't like as inherently incompatible with your in-group. Does Islam have significant problems? Yes. Just as Christianity does if you ever sat down and had a 10 minute conversation with your average Evangelical, still Islam is worse at the moment thanks to the spread of Salafism sponsored by the Saudis. But that doesn't mean the individuals who belong or have belonged to that group cannot integrate.

Guess why Gypsies have never been really integrated into the greater European ethnic groups, despite them having been in Europe well over 600 to 700 years? Do you think it was their fault, or is it the byproduct of 600 to 700 years of racial exclusion and persecution? What about the Jews? Why have they never really fully assimilated? Was it their fault, or rather the centuries of persecution and religious discrimination directed at them?

Every single argument used today against Muslims migrants has been used as recently as the 1930's against Jews. Same narrative we just replaced Jew with Muslim, otherwise it's all out of the 1930's anti semite's repertoire.

1, Rapists.
    2, Leeches on society.
    3, Incompatible with our values.
    4, The masterminds behind every single bad thing that has ever happened.
    5, Disloyal.

Etc. Same fucking shit, all over again.
    People here expect you to integrate and respect the laws of the country. So far majority of them show no interest in any.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Dude, there's technically no national language in the US. I don't know how many times people have to tell you. Is a English the primary language? Sure. But the mere fact that there is no official language that's recognized is pretty amazing and is a recognition of the immigrant roots of the country.
    Wikipedia says english is national language.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjaws-Mike View Post
    No, it isn't.

Only 30 states have made it an 'official language' in their state. And at federal level there is no set official language.
    Fine it's not official on federal level but it looks like it's getting there.
    Last edited by mmoc8cd9a47f39; 2018-07-20 at 08:19 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Australia... More mutlicultural then American and one of the most peaceful countries to ever exist.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    Do you know every single Turk to make such a call?
    No i dont. But if you observe them a bit you will that the majority and ardent nationalists that in many cases is taken way to far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Where did I hear that before? Let's give it a try.

The Jews are not loyal to our country or values! They are loyal to the Zionist conspiracy and all that means! Do I need accept such a thing?

I knew I heard that before, just needed to change a couple of words.

- - - Updated - - -
    Ugh this is just mental gymnastics here . You do not treat subjects on an individual basis . You need to understand that if somebody says something bad about some people it may actually be true. I observed the Turks. Their way of thinking and ideology. Hell even if you ask a Turk if they value turkey or the Netherlands more their answer is Turkey. They are a proudly nationalistic people.

Your comments are absolutely asinine and you think in black and white. That some people where racist to the jews in the past doesn't mean that any negative comment about the Turks is any less true or is even remotely similar to how Jews where treated in the past.
    Last edited by mmoc2fe2148ef1; 2018-07-20 at 12:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    Iirc she talked about how Germany needs to improve on its police force, because there were areas that were not safe in general. She never said that these areas were that way specifically because of immigrants or anything like that. But people love to take it out of context, ignoring the fact that nationals can create dangerous neighborhoods as well. Doesn't fit their agenda.
    Yeah as i thought, out of context, no wonder the "interview" was 5 seconds long. And even then it's hard to believe. I'am often enough in the second largest german speaking city of the world (with enough migrants living there) and I've never seen no go zones, or something else. But as I said, I actually live here, I know what going on, not from some right wing media outlet but from experience. so i do kind of find these guys cute, like small ignorant children, sprouting the bullshit of their idols.

No i dont. But if you observe them a bit you will that the majority and ardent nationalists that in many cases is taken way to far.
    so like most of your own people? nationalism is strictly speaking a very western culture thingie
    Last edited by PL-Cibo; 2018-07-20 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    All of those countries have had issues with immigrants and have actual no go zones. Great examples. You are digging yourself even further, maybe you should stop now?
    No need to worry, nobody will reach you down there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MS-20 View Post
    You won't find many Europeans that want their countries turned into a melting pot. Nationalism and cultural identity are strong here, given the history it's perfectly valid and understandable. You shouldn't compare USA with the rest of the world since it's founding is based on completely different values.
    Not true. Most european countries are basically outposts of the US in cultural and business terms.

There are large numbers of europeans who don't like people who aren't white. That's basically it. Talking about cultural identity or nationhood or whatever is to give it a dignity and a sophistication that doesn't really exist beyond that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Because they were insane, radicalized individuals, not remotely indicative of the larger population.

You know... like ALL terrorists. "Terrorists" doesn't just mean "muslims," you know.

What are your explanations for when white right-wing terrorists kill other white people? Are white people culturally incompatible with white people?

You're more likely to be killed by a bolt of lightning in the US than you are by a terrorist, let alone a muslim terrorist. (As I said, there ARE other kinds, you know)

Well seeing as there are about 1.7 million arabs in the US and the dutch population of Arabs doesn't even crest 200,000... I don't think that's quite true.

What people believe is immaterial to me so long as they don't break the law. They can hate gay people, or anyone else for that matter, in their hearts, but so long as they don't turn that into physical violence or other forms of criminality... you can't change what people think. But you can change what their children think, and that's what's important.

As Muslims integrate into the US their children will be more accepting of homosexuals, just as how every other population is trending towards acceptance of homosexuals, regardless of what their parent's thoughts are on the matter.

And of course you're ignoring the millions of other people that integrated into the United States successfully.

How have the Japanese failed to integrate into the US? According to you, multiculturalism is a sham, and it can't be done. How have the Chinese failed? or the Italians? Or the Irish? Time was that people said these cultures were "incompatible" with the United States, and they were all proven wrong.

Which side of history do you think you stand on?
    Mate where do you get the idea that Muslims will integrate? You do not wish to know how much money and time we invested in integration. And in every single European country integration of the Muslim population has failed. I never said multiculturalism is a sham i say it will work work in certain cases. But your so cowardly that when your when ridiculous ideology is challenged you deny facts.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyWolf View Post
    Many Turks have died resisting their dictator and many more will in the future, in these cases most people want to just get on with their lives and keep their heads down. Your personal experience doesn't warrant blanket statements on millions of people even skewed polls show only 47% of people support him.

Last but not least obvious having national pride doesn't mean you support the leader of your country (see Trump).

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many Turks have died resisting their dictator and many more will in the future, in these cases most people want to just get on with their lives and keep their heads down. Your personal experience doesn't warrant blanket statements on millions of people even skewed polls show only 47% of people support him.

Last but not least obvious having national pride doesn't mean you support the leader of your country (see Trump).
    I disagreed with several of Obama's positions as the President of my country. But I never did not support him as the President. Like when they made caricatures of him as a chimp, I thought it was disgusting and shameful. Maybe it was the 3 years in the military which taught me to respect my superiors even when you disagree with them. Trump is not like a dictator you have in some countries.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    I disagreed with several of Obama's positions as the President of my country. But I never did not support him as the President. Like when they made caricatures of him as a chimp, I thought it was disgusting and shameful. Maybe it was the 3 years in the military which taught me to respect my superiors even when you disagree with them. Trump is not like a dictator you have in some countries.
    Trump is unlike any other president we have ever had so we are going to have to agree to disagree. He is so polarizing that many see not supporting him means caring for your country, also obviously while you may have felt that way about Obama many on the right did not.

Quote Originally Posted by MS-20 View Post
    Wikipedia says english is national language.
    No, it's not.

Fine it's not official on federal level but it looks like it's getting there.
    No, it's not. But the point is fairly moot anyway, because some even in states where English is considered the official language, the state government and local municipalities offer documents in many different languages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump is unlike any other president we have ever had so we are going to have to agree to disagree. He is so polarizing that many see not supporting him means caring for your country, also obviously while you may have felt that way about Obama many on the right did not.
    That is no excuse for disrespecting him as the President of the U.S. You can disagree and hate what his policies are and actively protest against them. But some have crossed the line in my opinion. Same as some who opposed Obama.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

That is no excuse for disrespecting him as the President of the U.S. You can disagree and hate what his policies are and actively protest against them. But some have crossed the line in my opinion. Same as some who opposed Obama.
    People who don’t show respect, don’t deserve it in return.

7+ Year Old Account
    Like trump himself? Why should he receive the respect that he failed to give obama?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Like trump himself? Why should he receive the respect that he failed to give obama?
    He has said several things I do not approve of and condemn. But he is still the US President. None of what he has did or said, is a violation of the Law. When and if he is found guilty of such, then he should be removed from office. You also have the option to vote his supporters in congress out of office. And him in 2020. No reason to stoop to the lows of others.

7+ Year Old Account
    He has said several things I do not approve of and condemn. But he is still the US President. None of what he has did or said, is a violation of the Law. When and if he is found guilty of such, then he should be removed from office. You also have the option to vote his supporters in congress out of office. And him in 2020. No reason to stoop to the lows of others.
    You didn’t answer the question. Why should trump be afforded the respect he failed to give others?

Don’t bs me.

Disrespecting the president is not illegal. Therefore your post on respecting the president is wrong and should be deleted.

Why can’t you apply your same rules to everyone? Why do you continue to be a hypocrite?
    Last edited by Noxx79; 2018-07-20 at 05:14 PM.

Let him do actions worthy of respect and people will respect him. So far he hasn't done anything of that nature, and no, conning a few million people into voting for him isn't worthy of respect. He is also one of the most disrespectful people on the planet so he pretty much deserves it as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is a distinction between the person and the office, and the person of Donald Trump deserves no respect. At all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    You didn’t answer the question. Why should trump be afforded the respect he failed to give others?

Don’t bs me.

Disrespecting the president is not illegal. Therefore your post on respecting the president is wrong and should be deleted.

Why can’t you apply your same rules to everyone? Why do you continue to be a hypocrite?
    And if you can not discuss something without insults, then we will not discuss anything again.

Trump should be treated with respect for the office he holds. Not for who he is as a individual. Having served in the military, I understand this principle. I opposed Obama's goals and agenda for my country. But I never would show disrespect for the position he held. Yes, it is not illegal to call a President a chimp and make caricatures of him as a animal. But it sure as hell is being disrespectful and is disgusting for me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Let him do actions worthy of respect and people will respect him. So far he hasn't done anything of that nature, and no, conning a few million people into voting for him isn't worthy of respect. He is also one of the most disrespectful people on the planet so he pretty much deserves it as well.
    The position he holds commands some respect. And for many he has did several things which they respect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump should be treated with respect for the office he holds. Not for who he is as a individual.
    Trump has no respect for the office he holds.

He is a liar and a lawbreaker.

He is unfit to be President. That the Republican Party refuses to remove him from office (and replace him with Pence, who personally stays much closer to the ideals the Republican Party claims to uphold) is strong evidence that they have ceased to be a political party in a free and democratic republic, and are instead a dangerous cult of personality.
    Impeach the MF.