Best Race for Double Gather

Hello
    I’m coming back to the game after a long break (stopped playing in the end of MoP) and I’ll be switching realms and factions to play with friends

I’ll be playing horde and I don’t know which race is better for double gatherer
    I have the sky something robot that you don’t dismount to pick up herbs, but I think that instant flight form is a to good of a perk to pass up, so it will be a Druid, but which one?

Tauren Druid?
    Highmountain Tauren Druid?

I know they added a bunch of items to the game that simulate the racial perks, but I don’t have gameplay experience right now

My new computer is arriving today =)

I'd lean highmountain to speed mining since you'll have to dismount anyways. Plus, extra fish?

If you're going herb/mining with cooking/fishing. DEFINITELY Highmountain tauren because of the extra meats perk. Otherwise, Tauren and Highmountain are equally as good.

- - - Updated - - -

There were small things in legion where highmountain tauren mining didn't make it super fast when mining basilisks, so it felt better to me to be a tauren and get the mining enchant so that i could mine basilisks super fast. But they're doing away with animal mining in BFA from what i've seen, so imo Highmountain is definitely the choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyones View Post
    Hello
    I’m coming back to the game after a long break (stopped playing in the end of MoP) and I’ll be switching realms and factions to play with friends

I’ll be playing horde and I don’t know which race is better for double gatherer
    I have the sky something robot that you don’t dismount to pick up herbs, but I think that instant flight form is a to good of a perk to pass up, so it will be a Druid, but which one?

Tauren Druid?
    Highmountain Tauren Druid?

I know they added a bunch of items to the game that simulate the racial perks, but I don’t have gameplay experience right now

My new computer is arriving today =)
    Hi and welcome back. Since you are a returning player, don't forget you'll have to unlock the allied races first if you want to make/change a Highmountain Tauren. Granted its the most easy to unlock but you'll still need to finish the Highmountain storyline, reach exalted and have a 110 character to do the quest.

If you plan on using your boost directly, I guess you choice is a Tauren for Druid+herb gathering speed racial.

Otherwise if you have a little more time and really want a Highmountain (for Druid+ore gathering speed+extra meat&fish) without extra expenses, you could create a Demon Hunter on whatever server you have a 70+ character, start at 98, and be like 101 at the end of the starting experience if you have heirlooms (which you could get with your former main only needing gold), then you level him to 110 doing all the quests available in Highmountain, then grind the Highmountain rep, if you can do the order hall/Broken Shore/Argus campaign to unlock champions/equipments as mission tokens give a ton of rep, otherwise be patient waiting for the proper Emissary quest and doing all the Highmountain World Quests and Neltharion's Lair.

Note unless you already have a 70+ character on your friend's realm this DH will be "lost" afterward without a realm transfer. OR... you could first create a DK on the appropriate realm, ding it 70, then make DH. Of course all of that takes time...