Thread: [TV] Titans

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] Titans

Well the trailer dropped

I will admit it doesn't look too bad in places, certainly looks a lot better with all that CGI covering them up... but Beast Boy and Starfire still look horrible. And then there's the whole "fuck Batman" line? lol. I guess DC sticking with dark and gritty for this? And its rated M too, so lots of violence and F bombs I guess, not sure it that screams Titans to me, but what do you lads and ladies think?
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

still sad that cosplayers can do better than them
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Ah, continuing the tradition of modern dark and gritty DC properties where the heroes are straight up murdering people?

Fuck this noise.

Musta spent 99% of the budget on Robin's shit. Raven, beast boy, and starfire look like bad cosplay designed by meth addicts.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Not interested. Way too dark and gritty for the Titans.

Just when I thought the Titans couldnt sink any lower than Teen Titans Go they release this turd. I can see why peoples concerns about Starfire were warranted. And making Dick Grayson to look and act more like Jason Todd is really weird. Another fail from DC.

Everything related to Robyn(?) looked great. The rest is absolute garbage.

Did they completely mess up with the budget and didn't really 'distribute' it properly?

hmm...trailer doesn't look too bad.

My eyes must have been rolling too hard at MurdeRobin the first time that I missed Dove cutting people up with razor wings. What kind of bullshit is that?

How is it they are trying to be edgy when the heroes all look so fucking rediculous. I keep having to look back at the first TV show and wonder how that is STILL not only more fun but it managed to tackle dark subjects really well. This is trying too hard.

Robin looks good, I'd say. But I like dark and gritty. Raven... is an interesting take. I like that she's looking for help and finds robin, they are both kind of broken children. Don't know if that is a repetition of an existing story arc, the only Superhero comics I read are those related to Brightest Day/Darkest Night. Beast Boy is visible to little to judge.

Starfire, for me, just doesn't work. While the curly hair is closer to her locks in the 'original' design, she looks weird. Sorry. It's probably the mind telling me 'that's not an alien that looks somewhat human, that's just a human with added CGI. And, in all fairness, they shouldn't have used a black actress. The features are just off. In the pictures presented so far, she looks to stout. I don't need a supermodel with a total of three square inches of clothing to play Starfire, but she's always looked sleek and elegant.

Overall, I'll keep an eye on it, but won't get my hopes up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    And then there's the whole "fuck Batman" line?
    I think there are several plotlines where Dick Greyson isn't all that fond of Bruce and how he 'used' him. Might be mistaken.

This is Dick, right?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    starfire looks more like firestorm to me but maybe that's because there isn't really a good shot of her. other wise i think they all look fine with dove probably being the best.

What's this? A murderhobo squad?
    Raven doesn't look that bad, maybe cheap... but the rest... ugh.
    Shaping up to be worse than Legends of Tomorrow?
    Last edited by Sorshen; 2018-07-19 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    What's this? A murderhobo squad?
    Directed by David Ayer (but not really, WB recut it and blew half the budget on the soundtrack).

10+ Year Old Account
    Jesus tittyfucking christ... Has whoever is responsible for this nonsense ever actually READ a comic? Or where they too busy sitting in their mothers basement listening to Papa roach and jerking off to pictures of Widowmaker.

WTF is this nonsense? Where do I even BEGIN?

"Where's Batman?" "FUCK Batman".... Just no. While I'm sure that made the writers laugh and highfive, there is NO way in hell Dick Grayson would ever say that. Jason Todd, maybe, but Grayson? NEVER. He loved Batman like a father, and while they have had their differences over the years (MANY times), they've never been THAT pissed at eachother.

"It's time for your inner demons... to come out and play." Fuck off and go back to writing Twilight Fanfic, WTF is that noise.

"Mom used to say there's no such thing as monsters" Really Raven, did she? Is this the same mother that was married to, and conceived you with, fucking TRIGON, DC's answer to freakin Satan himself.

Man, this show is going to be utter trash. DC have lost the gods damned plot at this point, it's not even funny anymore.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Well, this didn't look like the dumpster fire I thought it'd be after seeing the earlier pics.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Jesus tittyfucking christ... Has whoever is responsible for this nonsense ever actually READ a comic? Or where they too busy sitting in their mothers basement listening to Papa roach and jerking off to pictures of Widowmaker.

WTF is this nonsense? Where do I even BEGIN?

"Where's Batman?" "FUCK Batman".... Just no. While I'm sure that made the writers laugh and highfive, there is NO way in hell Dick Grayson would ever say that. Jason Todd, maybe, but Grayson? NEVER. He loved Batman like a father, and while they have had their differences over the years (MANY times), they've never been THAT pissed at eachother.

"It's time for your inner demons... to come out and play." Fuck off and go back to writing Twilight Fanfic, WTF is that noise.

"Mom used to say there's no such thing as monsters" Really Raven, did she? Is this the same mother that was married to, and conceived you with, fucking TRIGON, DC's answer to freakin Satan himself.

Man, this show is going to be utter trash. DC have lost the gods damned plot at this point, it's not even funny anymore.
    to be fair there is atlest one version of robin who isn't the biggest fan of batman in the white knight comics. but ya the writing don't seem so good.

I'm speechless. This looks like it could give M. Night Shama-lama-ding-dong's Avatar:TLA a run for it's money.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of heroes, but i did watch teen titans a little on cartoon network when i was younger and that just looks awful.

This is soooo fucken bad.

Suicide Squad was bad but I was still able to enjoy parts of it. This is just a fucken train wreck from the word go.

Is it too much to ask for DC to just make a good movie. It doesn't have to be great, I just want good. Wish they would just reboot the whole series and have a plan like marvel did.

I love DC way more then Marvel and this just makes my ass hurt.

Give me a good movie FFS DC that isn't in your animated series.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD