Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just watch some Lucron vids, it's definitely possible to play demo in PvP, especially in 1vs1 situations.
    Imo the Warlock class still has the hugest gaps regarding skilllvl. When I meet Warlocks in BGs / open World they are either freeloot or an invicible 1-man-army.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Piesor View Post
    Just watch some Lucron vids, it's definitely possible to play demo in PvP, especially in 1vs1 situations.
    Imo the Warlock class still has the hugest gaps regarding skilllvl. When I meet Warlocks in BGs / open World they are either freeloot or an invicible 1-man-army.
    1v1s don't matter though, as PvP isn't balanced around it. It's definitely possible to play Demo when you aren't getting trained. But when you are there isn't much you can do. You can port away, then the Warrior double leaps after you, or the rogue vanishes and sprints after you, or the Feral sprints after you. The DK and Paladin are the least troubling, at least.

It's just a lot of work and hardcasting for mediocre damage.

Fun fact: Imps proc "when attacked" passives like instant starfires for moonkins.

I have a warlock, and as of its state right now, I've given up playing it in BG's. I switched over to rogue, and basically, I can walk through any Warlock spec with ease, not saying that to brag, but rather in agreement that Locks need something to help them out, at least in PvP so far.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Demo hasn't been viable since SL/SL lock in BC and even then that was a hybrid build.

Really enjoying Destro atm, rogues are a headache but they always have been
    What? It's been viable in chunks of MOP and WOD and was the dominant spec for most of Legion because it was the only warlock spec that was actually tanky enough to live for more than 5 seconds until it was nerfed after Blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by volrat View Post
    As far as i have tried today, i can say that, if things and numbers stays as they are now, the whole "war mode" and PvP enviroment is completely impossible with Demonology.
    Perhaps is me, I don't know, can someone give me some feedback???
    I love the spec and most of the changes, but pvp dmg is actually terrible, and other classes just kills me in 2/3 seconds, while i keep casting everything i have to achieve really little dmg, can't understand if it's me or it is actually as things should work.
    The pre patch time between expansions as we have BFA attributes that get enhance in BFA expansion, but we are still in Legion so the balancing in pve and pvp is not there, so if there is a struggle with demo pvp at 120 then there can be a out cry but there are usually bottom specs in pve and pvp at every level, demo might just be one of them sadly.

As an Alliance player in Alterac Valley, the demon army is real. I had a blast with demo, with fear and coil plus the mass confusion I was able to get away from most situations. Will have to try some closer contact with fights.

Is the Fel Lord PVP Talent not good anymore? Has anyone tried it? It seems like you should be able to 1v1 melee with that, and instant dreadstalkers, felguard stun, etc
    Last edited by ddcash80; 2018-07-23 at 07:56 PM.

*blizzard class devs... oh shit guys we forgot we have to design this class around pvp too....uh just nerf the pve version too so no one plays it!!! Phew... good call man that close people almost started playing demo again!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ddcash80 View Post
    Is the Fel Lord PVP Talent not good anymore? Has anyone tried it? It seems like you should be able to 1v1 melee with that, and instant dreadstalkers, felguard stun, etc
    They nerfed its dmg by like 90%. It barely does any dmg now, whereas before it took away 30% of your health with a hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ddcash80 View Post
    Trash damage and most melee know what it does now. It was great on Legion launch where melee's response was to be confused and just continue to hit you, now they just dodge in and out between swings.

Deleted
    You probably need insane amount of Haste to do anything in pvp,

So they gutted Fel Lord just like what they did to Casting Circle and Essence Drain? What a joke, but not hardly suprising. They tend to overnerf talents, and in some cases for warlocks, after the overnerf, they just leave them to rot.

Sometimes it's astounding to me how they cannot think and say, "hey, do you think anyone would use this talent after this nerf?" I mean the cretin who came up with the casting circle nerf in Legion reflects their PvP design team.

I personally really enjoy demonology - Affliction is my go to for pvp. I am far from the best or top 1% player base but I find that I win some and lose some.
    Last edited by Soulstone; 2018-07-25 at 03:55 PM.

Deleted
    Versus ranged there is no problem, but as soon as you get inte meele and get into a endless cycle ofinterrupted, stunned, interrupted.

I have tried affliction, pve and pvp....
    well, the difference is unbelievable, with dedicated artifact and, well, some experience since i have been playing demo all legion, i was able to have a sad 1950, respec affliction, put on some general legendary and artifact 5 lvl lower, i have reached 2560....
    and pvp, oh, pvp.... a real pleasure to end so often on top of dmg and killing blows on the chart.

So, as far as i have tested, there is a big problem with demonology, i love it's gameplay, but it is like its final talent, nether portal, very fun, but useless.

Deleted
    As far as i have tried today, i can say that, if things and numbers stays as they are now, the whole "war mode" and PvP enviroment is completely impossible with Demonology.
    Perhaps is me, I don't know, can someone give me some feedback???
    I love the spec and most of the changes, but pvp dmg is actually terrible, and other classes just kills me in 2/3 seconds, while i keep casting everything i have to achieve really little dmg, can't understand if it's me or it is actually as things should work.
    Completely impossible with any spec. When they meant "No king rules forever" i guess their intention was to demolish us in pvp mainly.

It's even slower on trash pve mobs. I have decent gear (old 940ish+) and my ret pally alt, who i never use, and thusly don't have a clue about, simply mashing buttons on the mobs kills stuff in a quarter of the time, and his ilvl is only around the old 850 or so.

Since leveling xp is going be primarily questing in BfA, demo is no longer a sensible leveling spec .

Shame I was looking forward to having fun with it.
    Last edited by Snowmist; 2018-07-29 at 03:23 AM.

As far as i have tried today, i can say that, if things and numbers stays as they are now
    Were gaining 10 levels, do you understand this?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mechanically, demo works fine in both PvE and PvP.

The issue is numbers. This should and must be tweaked by blizzard before BfA launches and while I dont have a lot of faith in blizzard in general, surely they will look at numbers for all specs before the BfA button is pressed. People need to relax and let them sort out all the shit they messed up with the prepatch.