Poll: Which capital city are you going to miss more?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    They should have just switched owner for the foreseeable future. (permanently) Undercity could be renewed as it was before the Arthas destroyed it. Honestly that is the ONLY thing that I really want in WoW still. But I think I won't ever get that.

Tbh I when I bought the game back in Vanilla. I heard about PVP and taking cities etc. Only to find out that yeah you can take them (by defeating the lore person in the throne rooms) but not really TAKE THEM. Obviously considering that this is not really feasible (atleast not back then), I was not that disappointed. But it would have been cool

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Yes. I think destroying them was a mistake. They should have had us occupy them, turning them into our own cities.

But alas, it’s easier to destroy.
    This would have been much better.
    Change Nelf/Undead starter zone quests to "muster up a force to try to take back the city".
    It would have your typical "rally the troops" and "collect wood" and "kill creatures", you know, the typical fetch quests, but it would end with a scenario of entering the city as a level 10ish toon, with your 2-3 abilities max, and trying to rush the capital only to end in failure, then you "wake up" in a medical tent in the next area, free to continue to level as you see fit, with the "get stronger, take back the city" type of motivations.

Plus, a Horde-occupied Darnassus would be interesting, with Tauren and Troll druids everywhere and Undercity guards where the tree protectors used to be.
    The Alliance could then "clean out" Undercity and repopulate up top, purging the land of toxins and rebuilding the castle.
    Oh well.

Deleted
    I cant believe they are destroying Undercity. My first and only character that I have played extensively is my undead mage which must be 11 years old now. My best memories of wow were the Undercity and surrounding areas as a total noob. It is pretty sad they are destroying it. When they updated Brill I was kinda mad too.

Undercity is a unique atmospheric place , I loved doing my business there over the years away from Org.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Teldrassil is very important for me personally, it was where I first logged in back in 2005.
    Same.

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    The night elf starting zones hold a special place in my heart.

Darkshore is a big mess since cata.
    Ashenvale has been taken over by the horde.
    Darnassus is being burned to the ground.

We haven't had a good run.
    All the more reasons to kill any character that sets foot in a night elf town for me.
    Yeah, I've basically lost hope for NEs at this point. Ever since Cata, it's been clear Blizzard intends for Kalimdor to be the continent of the Horde, although, I guarantee Alliance won't ever get all of EK.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by iolar View Post
    Undercity is a unique atmospheric place , I loved doing my business there over the years away from Org.
    That explains a lot.

Even if it looked a little wonky from a distance (where all the branches de-render and all you see is a giant stump) Teldrassil was where I started WoW damn it, that alone is enough reason to miss it. Mag'har orcs complain about not having a home to chill at but it's quite a bit different to have one for over a decade and have it burn to the ground.

My fondest WoW memory was taking the teleporter, then the boat, and realizing that massive tree that I had spent days in was only a single zone and there were entire CONTINENTS left to explore.

15+ Year Old Account
    They are worthless empty places and have been for some time.
    Was awesome and alive during Vanilla but as soon as shared capitals were a thing in TBC and WotLK, they stopped serving a purpose and never recovered.
    Classic is coming so we can all stroll down memory lane when that happens but I for one welcome the change...not so much the crap Blizz writing.
    “We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams.”

Deleted
    Not really, both locations always felt slightly desolate. Undercity had it's charm but the design was slightly annoying/confusing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Undercity.

I play Alliance and I've used Undercity more recently.

Gonna miss the hell out of Undercity
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    As as Alliance player, you’d think my answer should be Darnassus, but really the answer is Undercity.

As with many, Darnassus was my first home as an Alliance player, but for some reason Undercity is way more iconic for me. For me, Undercity IS the undead/reborn city.
    Mistweaver Monk | Holy Priest

I won’t miss either, just excited to see them rebuilt one day, A human Lorderan would be amazing.

Elves lost Teldrassil, give them small update!
    Added: clear face + brows.

Quote Originally Posted by Animalhouse View Post
    They are worthless empty places and have been for some time.
    Was awesome and alive during Vanilla but as soon as shared capitals were a thing in TBC and WotLK.
    Nah I went to UC all the time in BC. Until you unlocked the portal through the sunwell rep grind you had to constantly run through the outskirts of UC in order to get to the end game content through the silvermoon portal =P

Eh? I'm not going to miss anything, both cities are usable in BfA. Talk to Zidormi, and she'll restore them.

I think there's a bronze dragon npc you can talk to to rewind time if you end up missing it. Or just play a lower level character.

Undercity for sure.. darnassus is just a stump so who cares?

atleast Alliance gets to keep Ironforge the other non bland hub so i guess that's something.

Not at all.

Darnassus, or whole Teldrassil rather, was a visual mess and it was far away from something I would imagine as a city on a tree.

Undercity was too hard to navigate in and a bit of a lore mess too. Like, did this place exist while Menethils rules? Or did the Forsaken just build such under-place in no time?

Both were worst capital cities in their respective faction (not counting Exodar and Silvermoon cause blizz just decided to leave them in TBC era forever).

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to miss Darnassus more. It was such a good elven city.

Now Stormwind is flooded with Race Refugees now.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

hm none of them actually. i played both alliance and horde but tbh i never really visited these cities very often. except for once in classic i remember going to darnassus with my warrior to learn the weapon types. but aside from that i always hung out in SW & IF on alliance and OG on horde