Poll: Which capital city are you going to miss more?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    undercity probably.

that oversized stump we call "tree" certainly not tho.

Formerly known as Arafal

Undercity.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

10+ Year Old Account
    Neither really, because they're not actully going anywhere in gameplay? You just need to talk to an NPC and be "Sent back in time" to the old phase with them still around, just like every major zone change since Theramore.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Neither really, because they're not actully going anywhere in gameplay? You just need to talk to an NPC and be "Sent back in time" to the old phase with them still around, just like every major zone change since Theramore.
    This right here.

Also, goodbye Darnassus, hello Darnashes.

Darnassus a little. Undercity is the worst city in the game, so no.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I won’t miss Teldrassil at all. Maybe if it was built with 2018 tech it could of been what they envisioned, but it always missed mark in delivering Night Elf aesthetics.

Example :

I will miss Tirisfal. At least the old vanilla Tirisfal, with the decrepit buildings prior to Tim Burtonification. Nonetheless, nostalgia is what classic servers will be for. I’m glad they are driving the story forward
    That pic is really pretty, any chance you have a link to it?

I'll miss Darnassus for the fact that i loved wc3 night elves and teldrassil was the first place i set foot on azeroth. I loved the music, the aesthetic, all of it. I rarely used the city, which i think is a shame and a flaw in design/shovelling us into SW and Orgrimmar only.. but not much i can do about that i suppose.

No, because I'll use the bronze dragon for Darnassus (mage teleports ftw, and it's a quieter place to hang out and auction stuff c.f. SW). Never really visited UC, so no opinion there.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    How you can miss some place when you can go there any time you want?

7+ Year Old Account
    Darnassus was the first major city I really went to explore - it's a place I'll be missing, even if I'm on the Horde side.

The sewer, however, I am not going to miss.

7+ Year Old Account
    Honestly I would love to see Lordaeron City rebuilt and also Stratholme as well a man can hope !

Mechagnome
    5+ Year Old Account
    Darnassus only, Undercity never really did much more than annoy me with the various levels. But more importantly everything that is so gorgeous in the NE lands is being ruined by the horrible developers. With the removal of Fairy dragons, and Shadowmoon valleys appearance in WoD I am starting to think they are trying to remove the NE aesthetic and give it to the Draenei.

I won't miss them. Can't wait to see if/when NE/UD get new capitols what they look like. More-so NE - if they get another tree and what it looks like, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by keymil View Post
    Not at all.

Darnassus, or whole Teldrassil rather, was a visual mess and it was far away from something I would imagine as a city on a tree.

Undercity was too hard to navigate in and a bit of a lore mess too. Like, did this place exist while Menethils rules? Or did the Forsaken just build such under-place in no time?

Both were worst capital cities in their respective faction (not counting Exodar and Silvermoon cause blizz just decided to leave them in TBC era forever).
    The Undercity existed - it served as a sewer,also those were the catacombs of the Menethil dynasty (correct me if I'm wrong).In the Undercity,the Doomhammer was held captive until he escaped.

Not really since you can currently just phase them back to how they were and use them like normal.

Iam gonna miss the Undercity by FAR!!!!

Not just cause i have been killed so many times by that elevator but that throne room with the blood of Terenas Menethil still on the floor and which the forsaken still cant be arsed to clean up haha also whats gonna happen to the tomb of Terenas Menethil in the Undercity? Even though there is nothing inside the tomb cause Terenas Menethil was cremated.

I wont miss Darn in the slightest cause its something that should never have come to be cause nature didnt bless it plus it looks already like a burnt out tree stump that the nelfs built a city inside. If it looked like what it supposed to look like that Darn would prolly have looked like the most epic city in WOW but alas graphic limitations at the time.

So to conclude yes i will miss the Undercity and no i wont miss darn in the slightest!

Not gonna miss either. As a main Horde player i never have a reason to go to Darnassus, and tbh, there is not much interest in UC either... I personally hate that place anyway.

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    Hi!

This thread is created for a sole purpose - to find out if you're going to miss Darnassus and Teldrassil in general or are you going to miss ruins of Lordaeron (capital city surface) and the Undercity in general. I think,that both of these cities are gone and won't return - Teldrassil is burned down and I highly doubt,that it will regrow and the ruins of Lordaeron and Undercity itself,which are bombed with blight and made uninhabitable. Both of these areas have been there since Vanilla,and I bet,that for many of you they were iconical- would it be because these were the first capitals you marched in with your first night elf/undead toon,or because you simply loved the aesthetics of em or the low level population or else.

Participate in the poll and share your memories about these cities! Personally,I really am going to miss the Teldrassil and Darnassus with it's beautiful areas,elven temples and wonderful music,but I've spent some of my gametime in the Undercity as well,and despite some horrible things that were going in there (human experiments etc),it was haunting and creepy,which made it unique among the other capitals.
    hm not really - since the mage im gonna be leveling in classic will be undead im gonna spend plenty of time in Undercity

game needs to evolve to be fresh .

Although I might miss undercity a bit, I really hope they'll move the Heirloom vendors to a much better spot