Thread: Choosing a spec

Choosing a spec

So overall how are rogues doing? I've been playing assn mostly, feels like there's a bit more downtime then legion, I played sub and it really felt like there was something fundamentally missing. As for outlaw I haven't touched is it still up to the rng gods if you get procs and deal damage or is it a viable looking spec going into bfa?

Deleted
    I play Outlaw without the "Loaded Dice" talent and yet i don't feel any RNG problem. The spec is powerful, and surprisely fun even without the Artifact weapon.

Whatever spec you choose, optimize yourself for leveling phase :
    https://www.herodamage.com/rogue/

And the Ravenholdt 8.0.1 guide :
    http://www.ravenholdt.net/battle-for...kstart-guides/

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    So overall how are rogues doing? I've been playing assn mostly, feels like there's a bit more downtime then legion, I played sub and it really felt like there was something fundamentally missing. As for outlaw I haven't touched is it still up to the rng gods if you get procs and deal damage or is it a viable looking spec going into bfa?
    Havent played much sub yet myself. But from what I played, the spec is a lot slower without the energy return from artifact traits.
    Gonna dive into it a bit more the next few days.

Assassination is quite OK. Bit of a shame that we lost Kingsbane as I quite liked the playstyle revolving around getting as much damage out of that as possible. I feel like the spec lost a bit of a skill level in ST combat due to that.
    AoE on the otherhand feels better with the reliability of Crimson Tempest vs the RNG of Poison Bomb before this patch.

Outlaw was enjoyable for me when I used it in dungeons. It's very fluid at the moment. Biggest downside still being that you have to reroll RtB whenever you get an inferior single buff (= not crit or attackspeed or multiple buffs). You can go for SnD, it's inferior dps wise, but it removes the RNG and speeds up the rotation making it quite a fast paced spec to play, so that's good.
    Most of all I like the new Blade Flurry; I feel like it has a much bigger impact with the current mechanism.

Subtlety is gonna be very good for Battle for Azeroth first Mythic + Seasonal affix because of the good "on-demand" burst it can offer!