Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Non war mode players found a new way to grief

I submitted a suggestion to Blizzard and encourage others to do the same. The thing is that players not marked for war mode can now kill NPCs in quest hubs forever because they cannot be killed by Pcs in defence of said hub. Players should be forced to go to war mode to attack NPCs of said quest hubs. Thoughts?

Griefing is by definition pvp. You should name thread as "PvP players found way to abuse disabled War mode for griefing".

Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    I submitted a suggestion to Blizzard and encourage others to do the same. The thing is that players not marked for war mode can now kill NPCs in quest hubs forever because they cannot be killed by Pcs in defence of said hub. Players should be forced to go to war mode to attack NPCs of said quest hubs. Thoughts?
    If you have war mode on, you should be on a "phase" with only warmode players on.

So unless they changed this somehow, it should not be possible this scenario you are describing to happen.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a bug. Blizzard will probably fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by CasualNoob View Post
    Griefing is by definition pvp. You should name thread as "PvP players found way to abuse disabled War mode for griefing".
    No, Griefing is not, by definition, PvP. The players doing what OP said aren't even engaging in direct PvP action.

I thought non-war mode people were in a different phase from war mode. Maybe only in more populated areas?

Deleted
    The way I read it meant that players not in Warmode can kill enemy faction NPC's but then players cannot stop them doing it? E.G Ally kills quest giver, horde cannot stop him? Orrrrr am I wrong?

While I agree I'm not sure what the best way to go about it is. Ideally the horde/alliance NPCs will continue to attack players of the opposite faction regardless of warmode, but how would that work if players can't attack back? And if the NPCs don't attack players, you'll see players run around unopposed in the opposing faction's cities and quest hubs which is hardly a good solution either.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanitee View Post
    You do know you can toggle pvp without going into warmode right?

so you can toggle on pvp and kill them.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-07-20 at 01:40 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    on a "phase" with only warmode players on.
    Maybe OP want to say that griefers ruin expierence of other non-warmode players.

Deleted
    PvEers are assholes.

Just play with warmode on, at least there the rules of engagement are clear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I love this lol, but I know they won't allow this in the actual BfA sadly

One definition
    Griefing is the act of irritating and angering people in video games through the use of destruction, construction, or social engineering

Another
    1. Purposefully shooting or otherwise sabotaging your teammates in an online game.

2. In online gaming where one repeatedly killing the same individual or individuals over and over again, or camping their corpse to prevent them from retrieving it, or otherwise performing actions in a game to prevent the player from enjoying the game.

3. In online gaming, someone who takes pleasure in creating grief for an opponent via various "cheap" tactics.

More
    Griefing has many different types, and occurs in many different games.

General Griefing:

1: Training, or angering hostile mobs to chase you at another player. This is named because the chain of mobs looks like a train.

2: Camping, or killing a player, then killing them again at their point of death or the spawn.

3: PVP stalking, or stalking a player and continuing to kill them. This is similar to camping, but occurs with the same player for a long period of time.

4: Chat spamming, or adding random text or profanity into the chat.

Specific Griefing:

Sandbox Games

5: Spleefing. This is very annoying if this occurs outside a designated spleef arena.

6: Walls. Self-explanatory, but must be constructed out of a high-level material that cannot be easily destroyed. This is also used to defend against griefers.

7: Encasement in walls. Normal walls, but surrounding a player so s/he can't get out.

FPS games

8: Sniping. This is normally not griefing, but is a form of the PVP stalker.

Targets for Griefers:

1. Minecraft. This game is a sandbox game, and is easily griefed. This game is particularly good for griefing as almost-indestructible structures can be built out of obsidian and used for walling and encasement.

2. World of Warcraft. This game is very popular, and thus griefed often.

3. Terraria. This game is very similar to Minecraft, as both were based off the game Infiniminer, and thus is griefed in very similar ways.
    "Peace is a lie"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    You do know you can toggle pvp without going into warmode right?

so you can toggle on pvp and kill them.
    I'm not sure why they left that in, it feels counterproductive to what they were attempting to get rid of with the removal of PvP servers and the addition to War Mode.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

TIL Ninja Looting in Raids has always been pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    TIL Ninja Looting in Raids has always been pvp.
    Yeah, we all know people don't block mailboxes with mammoths on pve servers.
    Damn pvpers I swear!

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Yeah, we all know people don't block mailboxes with mammoths on pve servers.
    Damn pvpers I swear!
    naw mate, see the act of blocking a mailbox with a mammoth by itself is totally pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    naw mate, see the act of blocking a mailbox with a mammoth by itself is totally pvp.
    Speaking of pvp, let's go do some.
    And with pvp I mean we go to a roleplaying server and spamn memes in all chat during a wedding or something.

Because that's totally pvp.

Ok enough sarcastic digs, I think we've made our point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    I'm not sure why they left that in, it feels counterproductive to what they were attempting to get rid of with the removal of PvP servers and the addition to War Mode.
    because warmode is supposed to be for pvp talents and to give benefits aswell as acess you to bonus content.
    warmode phases you out to a balanced area where you cannot just suddenly turn on pvp and gaznk someone who has pvp on and is leveling.
    This allows for casual world pvp still, while warmode is made to be literal pvp servers, that is why, and it really is not counter productive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    I love this lol, but I know they won't allow this in the actual BfA sadly
    they dont allow it now, you can just turn on pvp and kill them

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by furniture View Post
    PvEers are assholes.

Just play with warmode on, at least there the rules of engagement are clear.
    the person pvping is a pve asshole?
    Wut?
    also arnt pvpers the one who gank people just trying to quest, aswell as people many levels lower then them?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    because warmode is supposed to be for pvp talents and to give benefits aswell as acess you to bonus content.
    warmode phases you out to a balanced area where you cannot just suddenly turn on pvp and gaznk someone who has pvp on and is leveling.
    This allows for casual world pvp still, while warmode is made to be literal pvp servers, that is why, and it really is not counter productive.
    Wrong, Blizzard flat out said that Warmode was intended for people who wanted world pvp content and that they removed pvp servers so that nobody would have to engage in PvP combat without opting into it with Warmode. They went as far to say that non Warmode is so that you don't have to deal with people who want to pvp and that Warmode has "bonuses" because you'll have to deal with the extra time of being ganked or griefed, so being able to flag pvp and grief people in non-Warmode is a complete oversight on their end.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Shyorux View Post
    The way I read it meant that players not in Warmode can kill enemy faction NPC's but then players cannot stop them doing it? E.G Ally kills quest giver, horde cannot stop him? Orrrrr am I wrong?
    Yes, this is exactly the issue, sorry for poor wording.