Questions about custom built PC.

So I’m thinking of getting a customized PC from cyberpower. Essentially I pick out whatever parts I want and they assemble it for me. I know putting it together yourself is supposedly quite easy but I’m sinking a lot of money into this and I’ve never assembled one myself before so I’d rather not risk it. However I have done a lot of research into specific parts and compatability (and what I personally need/want) so I’ll link my specs below:

Specs:
    CAS: Corsair Obsidian 750D E-ATX Full-Tower w/ USB 3.0, Full Side Panel Window

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)

CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Corsair LL Series, LL120 RGB, Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan with Lighting Node PRO

FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (1 x System)

FAN: Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8 High Performance CPU Cooler with 8 Heat Pipes and Dual PWM Premium Fans

HDD: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 550/520 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/90k (Plus 32GB Intel Optane Memory SSD Acceleration 4X Faster (Primary OS Drive)

HDD2: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 550/520 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/90k

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) RGB Lightning DDR4/3200MHz Memory Module [+98] (Corsair Vengeance RGB)

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z370 Taichi ATX w/ RGB, 802.11ac WiFi, USB 3.1, 4 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]

POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply
    VIDEO: EVGA GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING iCX Edition 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] [+472] (Single Card)

Okay so those are my main specs. Now just a few questions:

1. Anything I should fix or add? I’ve checked compatability and everything seems to go well together but I don’t wanna skimp on anything.

2. I know building your own is recommended generally but buying a custom PC has actually been recommended to me a lot more recently due to GPUs being inflated and such, however would you guys recommend cyberpower specifically or is there a better, more reputable company to buy a custom built PC from?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestuff1992 View Post
    So I’m thinking of getting a customized PC from cyberpower. Essentially I pick out whatever parts I want and they assemble it for me. I know putting it together yourself is supposedly quite easy but I’m sinking a lot of money into this and I’ve never assembled one myself before so I’d rather not risk it. However I have done a lot of research into specific parts and compatability (and what I personally need/want) so I’ll link my specs below:

Specs:
    CAS: Corsair Obsidian 750D E-ATX Full-Tower w/ USB 3.0, Full Side Panel Window

CPU: Intel® Core™ Processor i7-8700K 3.70GHZ 12MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)

CS_FAN: 3X 120mm Corsair LL Series, LL120 RGB, Dual Light Loop RGB LED PWM Fan with Lighting Node PRO

FA_HDD: Vigor iSURF II Hard Disk Drive Cooling System (1 x System)

FAN: Cooler Master MasterAir Maker 8 High Performance CPU Cooler with 8 Heat Pipes and Dual PWM Premium Fans

HDD: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 550/520 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/90k (Plus 32GB Intel Optane Memory SSD Acceleration 4X Faster (Primary OS Drive)

HDD2: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 550/520 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/90k

MEMORY: 16GB (8GBx2) RGB Lightning DDR4/3200MHz Memory Module [+98] (Corsair Vengeance RGB)

MOTHERBOARD: ASRock Z370 Taichi ATX w/ RGB, 802.11ac WiFi, USB 3.1, 4 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 3 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]

POWERSUPPLY: 850 Watts - Corsair TX-M Series TX850M 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Semi-Modular Ultra Quiet Power Supply
    VIDEO: EVGA GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 GAMING iCX Edition 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] [+472] (Single Card)

Okay so those are my main specs. Now just a few questions:

1. Anything I should fix or add? I’ve checked compatability and everything seems to go well together but I don’t wanna skimp on anything.

2. I know building your own is recommended generally but buying a custom PC has actually been recommended to me a lot more recently due to GPUs being inflated and such, however would you guys recommend cyberpower specifically or is there a better, more reputable company to buy a custom built PC from?
    If this route is the only route you're willing to take I'll throw some of my opinions. Granted I can't see the options you have to choose from since I'm not given any reference.

Unless you just really like the case then I suggest choosing something else. It's an outdated case and it's overly expensive for it's lack of features. You could get one with features such as fan filters and tempered glass (instead of the cheap acrylic) for equal or less.

I'd get rid of the "hard disk drive cooling system" if it's going to save you any money. The tiny little fans are just going to create more noise and it'll likely be high pitched. Hard drives in a personal PC at home don't really need to be cooled as it is especially being that if it was that hot in your PC the other hardware would be shutting down anyways and that's not even mentioning the fact that you went with SSDs which run cool enough as it is.

Speaking of SSDs, not sure why you went with 2 500GB SSDs and this part isn't going to matter much unless you just want more space but I would just up the size on the 1 SSD if possible and add a larger capacity harddrive for storage. I would also swap the main SSD for an m.2 NVMe variant instead for faster speeds. It's fine if the intel optane drive isn't included since you won't notice the difference anyways.

Motherboard is a bit much for a single GPU system with 2 hard drives an 8700K. Not even sure why it's as much as it is and you could easily save some money from choosing a different Z370 mobo unless you just like the look of it. It retails for $220 currently though and I know there are cheaper options that would work for you.

Power supply is a bit much for a single GPU. You could save some money by backing it down to a 650W or something but just make sure it's at least decent quality of you do.

And to answer your last question, there are companies that put more effort and quality into the builds you're buying but you're going to be paying a much higher premium to get it from them. OriginPC is one example.
    Last edited by Arbiter; 2018-07-20 at 04:45 PM.
    | Fractal Design Define R5 White | Intel i7-4790K CPU | Corsair H100i Cooler | 16GB G.Skill Ripsaws X 1600Mhz |
    | MSI Gaming 6G GTX 980ti | Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD | Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD |

Quote Originally Posted by Arbiter View Post
    If this route is the only route you're willing to take I'll throw some of my opinions. Granted I can't see the options you have to choose from since I'm not given any reference.

Unless you just really like the case then I suggest choosing something else. It's an outdated case and it's overly expensive for it's lack of features. You could get one with features such as fan filters and tempered glass (instead of the cheap acrylic) for equal or less.

I'd get rid of the "hard disk drive cooling system" if it's going to save you any money. The tiny little fans are just going to create more noise and it'll likely be high pitched. Hard drives in a personal PC at home don't really need to be cooled as it is especially being that if it was that hot in your PC the other hardware would be shutting down anyways and that's not even mentioning the fact that you went with SSDs which run cool enough as it is.

Speaking of SSDs, not sure why you went with 2 500GB SSDs and this part isn't going to matter much unless you just want more space but I would just up the size on the 1 SSD if possible and add a larger capacity harddrive for storage. I would also swap the main SSD for an m.2 NVMe variant instead for faster speeds. It's fine if the intel optane drive isn't included since you won't notice the difference anyways.

Motherboard is a bit much for a single GPU system with 2 hard drives an 8700K. Not even sure why it's as much as it is and you could easily save some money from choosing a different Z370 mobo unless you just like the look of it. It retails for $220 currently though and I know there are cheaper options that would work for you.

Power supply is a bit much for a single GPU. You could save some money by backing it down to a 650W or something but just make sure it's at least decent quality of you do.

And to answer your last question, there are companies that put more effort and quality into the builds you're buying but you're going to be paying a much higher premium to get it from them. OriginPC is one example.
    Thanks for the reply man!

I actually delved a little deeper into Cyberpower and their quality. It doesn’t seem trustworthy at all and a ton of reviews (both written and visual) show the mishaps that come with ordering from cyberpower.

I was checking out some other PCs after I posted this. I currently have an msi laptop and it’s been amazing so I looked into their brand a bit more. Do you know anything about the Aegis Ti3 8rf 036US? Doesn’t seem cheaply made at all, parts are about the same as what I put in the custom PC from cyberpower however it’s not in stock anywhere (Amazon, Newegg, bestbuy, etc) not really sure why. Would you recommend anything from there that comes close to the specs in the OP? If I’m going with a known name brand it’ll probably be MSI or Corsair. Obviously taking what you suggested into consideration as well in terms of the specs.

Another one I’m looking at is Corsair One Pro Plus. Looks amazing (I dislike gigantic bulky rgb filled machines, keyboard+mouse is enough imo) and the specs are great for what I want.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-07-20 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of the name brand pre-built systems like that Corsair because they cram everything into a tight package and if you need to get in there and change or upgrade anything, its gonna be all ribbons and cramped spaces and custom hardware. You get something like that and you largely forsake your ability to upgrade in the future, which is a tough sell at $2800.

Edit: Went with origin PC built the way I wanted it. Origin millennium for reference. Origin has a ton of good unboxing reviews (even from non-sponsored people), good reviews as a company and I love the origin specific cases too. Cyberpower has the complete opposite and they’re apparently pretty shady when it comes to options such as Professional Wiring and other options you would want to choose (even accused of fraud).

Thanks for the answers guys.
    Last edited by Thestuff1992; 2018-07-21 at 10:24 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the computer forums and MMO-C!

I will give you some opinions, not advice, advice on PC hardware on MMO-C is nothing but individual preference.

1. Optane ontop of a SSD is useless. You will not notice any difference in rw scenarios. Scrap that cost and keep one SSD and add a 1TB Mechanical drive for media/file storage. (And don't get a NVMe drive, they are a waste of money for gaming.)

2. PSU is too big unless you plan on going to a dual video card option later. A good 600W is all you need at the most. Also I am not a Corsair fan when it comes to PSUs, but that is my preference, I have owned 2 and both failed, they were the RM and HX series.

3. That case is massive and heavy as hell, but if you like the look, who am I to say otherwise.

4. Drop the HD cooling, not needed.

5. 8700k for gaming is a waste of money as well, HT will only benefit you in applications for productivity. You don't even need it for streaming. 8600k is all you need unless you just want the 8700k and can afford it.

Other than that, not a bad build imo.