Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Good. The ones I know who opted their kids out, did not teach their kids shit on their own.
    Tbh my parents never did the "sex talk" and I did not have sex ed until 15.
    But I still knew what it was when I was aroud 9-10 years old. I mean kids find things out, by a friend, older sibling etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    News flash to those parents: Your kids are going to fuck no matter what you say so might as well let them get educated in safe sex if you're not going to bother because its too awkward and icky for you
    Not necessarily. My dad ( a US Marine) threatened me with broken bones if I had sex while i was still under his roof. I didn't until I was out.

No woman is worth taking a beating from a jarhead.
    "Independence forever!" --- President John Adams
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams
    "Our Federal Union! It must be preserved!" --- President Andrew Jackson

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Tbh my parents never did the "sex talk" and I did not have sex ed until 15.
    But I still knew what it was when I was aroud 9-10 years old. I mean kids find things out, by a friend, older sibling etc.
    This surprises me

Sex Ed in UK starts at 10/11

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Realitytrembles View Post
    Not necessarily. My dad ( a US Marine) threatened me with broken bones if I had sex while i was still under his roof. I didn't until I was out.

Sounds a lovely chap

Will this mostly affect Muslims in the UK?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Why on earth should parents have an opt out on mandated curriculum at all? Can parents say that their kids shouldn't learn math? Languages? History?

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Sounds a lovely chap
    Well it worked, and he didnt actually have to do it.

I dont know if you know much about Marines. Watch Full Metal Jacket.

Dad and R. Lee Ermey's character could have been twins.

But this typical Euro-statist intervention in family life doesn't surprise me in the least.
    "America is the well-wisher to the freedom and independence of all. She is the champion and vindicator only of her own." --- President John Quincy Adams

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Most likely yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank god, it's about time.

- - - Updated - - -

Who gives a shit. You're not going to win any 'gotcha' arguments here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Yeah guess who’s preventing their kids from sex education. Religious people, and most commonly Muslims.
    I take it you are unfamiliar with the 'abstinence only' policy across the American Bible Belt.

Im sorry you have had poor quality of women in your sex life. Any decent one is worth a beating.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    We do have sex ed at 10 unless you meant the parent thing
    I meant sex ed at 10. Studies have shown, demonstrably, that knowing about something doesn't open a person up to doing it. I.e. knowing about sex ed doesn't mean that all of a sudden they will be having sex. It's counter-intuitive, but proven.

I know you know this, too, Adam - just for others mostly.

10+ Year Old Account
    This surprises me. Sex Ed in UK starts at 10/11
    A quick look at wiki and it should be that in Sweden too...
    But have no memory that we had it that early.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Agreed.

Lets be real here. By age 15, they already know what sex is. Any parent who doesn't want their 15 year old in sex ed is 1) an idiot thinking their child doesn't already know and 2) irresponsible if they think they shouldn't know.

They need to take this a step further and require it. There shouldn't be an opt out option. They need to know about stds and that no, the pull out method doesn't work and no, being on top doesn't mean gravity prevents pregnancy.

However, one of the biggest hurdles to overcome is that schools make it awkward and that teens are still embarrassed to buy condoms. If trying to practice safe sex at a young age wasn't met with such shock and horror, then there would be far fewer cases of teen pregnancy. I remember my sex ed class. I had it in highschool and gasp, I knew everything by then. Heck, even the teacher knew we all knew and basically just covered the misconceptions teens have about how to not get pregnant.
    Agreed. 100%. And see above about telling them about it won't empower them to do it. If there are going to do it, they will.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I meant sex ed at 10. Studies have shown, demonstrably, that knowing about something doesn't open a person up to doing it. I.e. knowing about sex ed doesn't mean that all of a sudden they will be having sex. It's counter-intuitive, but proven.

I know you know this, too, Adam - just for others mostly.
    Ah well unless things changed basic sex education is still @ age 10 (was for me in 1996) though HS provided more between 11-16

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I never understood being embarrassed about buying condoms. It means you’re likely having sex. That’s nothing to be embarrassed about.
    Its because adults stigmatize having sex at a younger age. All it takes is a few prudes who believe that it shouldn't be happening at all to make a bad impression on a teen. Teens are easily embarrassed as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Well it worked, and he didnt actually have to do it.

I dont know if you know much about Marines. Watch Full Metal Jacket.

Dad and R. Lee Ermey's character could have been twins.

But this typical Euro-statist intervention in family life doesn't surprise me in the least.
    Just because you, as an individual, were persuaded into withholding from sexual intercourse doesn't mean it will work on others nor does that bypass the need for sexual education (which usually entails cirriculum the science and functions of different parts of the genitalia, healthy relationships and domestic abuse, LGBT education, STDs and safe sex). All of which people at that age should know regardless of whether or not they're sexually active.

Im sorry you have had poor quality of women in your sex life. Any decent one is worth a beating.
    Amen!

Lot's of usually pro Muslim folks are for this.

It's going to affect Muslims almost exclusively.

Violating religious freedom isn't a good thing and it's bad for multiculturalism.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

We'll have to agree to disagree. Nothing (women or otherwise) is worth getting my arse kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lot's of usually pro Muslim folks are for this.

It's going to affect Muslims almost exclusively.

Violating religious freedom isn't a good thing and it's bad for multiculturalism.
    Low energy, sad.

Who is "pro-muslim", exactly?
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Who cares if it violates religious freedom. There are certain things that should be exempt from the banner of religious freedom. Sex ed is one of them. I would rather someone be a bit angry that their child was taught something that went against their religion rather then having another child being born to incapable teens who then attempt to raise it, or put it into the system. There are far too many kids there already.

I mean really, their child is going to have sex. You can either ensure its safe and protected, or let them have children they aren't ready to raise. People need to realize that religious freedom doesn't trump having to know these things.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?