Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Top Warlock PvP Spec

After our short time in prepatch are we getting a feeling of the top pvp spec for arena/competitive pvp?

If so... is there a cookie cutter build for this spec?

Thanks,
    Vekz

High Overlord
    5+ Year Old Account
    Demo or Affliction by default. There is no cookie cutter for arena as you will change things depending on comp and map. You may be able to build a cookie cutter setup for RBG's though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vekz View Post
    After our short time in prepatch are we getting a feeling of the top pvp spec for arena/competitive pvp?

If so... is there a cookie cutter build for this spec?

Thanks,
    Vekz
    as for now warlock and pvp is a bad idee in general you cant win 1 vs 1 so basicly all you can do is to go in group bg/arena and team up for wpvp.

Quote Originally Posted by bitteren002 View Post
    as for now warlock and pvp is a bad idee in general you cant win 1 vs 1 so basicly all you can do is to go in group bg/arena and team up for wpvp.
    You and I must be playing 2 different games right now. I'm having a great time in World PvP, Arena, and BGs as an Afflic lock

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodgaf View Post
    You and I must be playing 2 different games right now. I'm having a great time in World PvP, Arena, and BGs as an Afflic lock
    you must be playing a different game than all the warlock community

Quote Originally Posted by venomzxd View Post
    you must be playing a different game than all the warlock community
    I was watching Maldiva play and he was using: Deathbolt, AC, PS, Grimoire of Sac, and Creeping Death. I gave it a try and everything melts. Try it out.

Deleted
    Might not be how it shakes out at max level, but affliction feels the strongest right now - deathbolt is a dangerous addition to our arsenal and can give some nasty kill power if the other team don't know how to play around it (CCing lock when he starts putting the UAs up to prevent the DB).

Quite hard staying alive against how strong mages / melee feel in my experience though.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    Might not be how it shakes out at max level, but affliction feels the strongest right now - deathbolt is a dangerous addition to our arsenal and can give some nasty kill power if the other team don't know how to play around it (CCing lock when he starts putting the UAs up to prevent the DB).

Quite hard staying alive against how strong mages / melee feel in my experience though.
    The only way I beat melee 1v1 is if they let me set up (PvP talent) Gateways and portal

Quote Originally Posted by bitteren002 View Post
    Good thing 1v1 doesn't reward anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you all are sleeping on Destro, now this comes from someone who only does random BGs, but running sf, sb, pact, cata,coil,blaze and dsi...ppl died very fast, like super fast, and with the exclusions of a few classes I can 1v1 almost everyone... I can literally 1/2 health ppl in no time...granted surrvivalbitlity is horrid and outside of dsi damage can be lackluster at times, but with proper positioning you can kill players quick. I plan on doing some rated 2s with a frost mage in bfa, we have worked out Alot of kinks, and I think we will have some success...i miss 1mn wall tho...rip
    Last edited by Deimosphobos; 2018-07-22 at 06:18 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock pvp is as it how it was for much of legion: pretty good if you have backup, probably absolute worst 1v1.

Quote Originally Posted by Advo View Post
    Warlock pvp is as it how it was for much of legion: pretty good if you have backup, probably absolute worst 1v1.
    Who are you 1v1'ing? Unless I'm fighting a rogue, I pray for 1v1 situations.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Who are you 1v1'ing? Unless I'm fighting a rogue, I pray for 1v1 situations.
    Healing specs, tank specs, basically any melee. They all trounce locks in single combat right now.

Destro without a doubt. Aff is close. Stay well away from demo.

Deleted
    Give Affliction back actual tankiness (Soul Link) and it'll actually be a good spec for a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love Demo so I took it for a spin in pvp...I went back to Affliction :/

Quote Originally Posted by godofmmoc View Post
    Give Affliction back actual tankiness (Soul Link) and it'll actually be a good spec for a change.
    Are you serious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeranath View Post
    Are you serious?
    in pvp yeah

Quote Originally Posted by godofmmoc View Post
    in pvp yeah
    I don't think you're playing afflic properly if you think afflic is bad right now. It's dominant

Deleted
    I don't think you're playing afflic properly if you think afflic is bad right now. It's dominant
    Whatever makes you sleep easy at night.