Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will worgen and goblins ever get new models

Or is it an impossible dream at this point? It seems like whenever it's brought to their attention they wave it away. By the time they do update worgen and goblins, if they ever do, the rest of the races will look outdated in comparison.

Hope not, they both are an eyesore.

They need a redesign not a remodel, specially the Worgens.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Or is it an impossible dream at this point? It seems like whenever it's brought to their attention they wave it away. By the time they do update worgen and goblins, if they ever do, the rest of the races will look outdated in comparison.
    Worgen was confirmed at last year's BlizzCon to get an update IN Battle For Azeroth - not answer on when, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    If they do I hope they can fix the female worgen. I don't really play them, barely even on the Alliance side - but I do feel bad for those who liked the early development looks of the female worgen, then having to end up with... -that-... x_x

Short answer: They are working on it.

Long Answer: No.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Man i hope so. The ingame female worgen is a Chihuahua. Look at the actual concepts of what it was supposed to be:

WILL x EVER happen!?!?!

No.

I can see the future, and therefore answer ridiculous open-ended questions with absolute certainty.

The Vanilla and TBC races got updates all at the same time (Belves took a bit longer), all we have is time till Worgen and Goblins get updates.

Presumably they'll wait until after Allied Races are 'done' to ensure maximum income from knee-jerk race changes.

Just be ready for it to cost 1 raid tier when they do it.....lol

Seriously tho Genn in the cinematic looks so good. Would love to see what they can do with worgs
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Worgen was confirmed at last year's BlizzCon to get an update IN Battle For Azeroth - not answer on when, though.
    I remember when they were confirmed for later on in WoD, then later on in Legion, then somewhere down the line.

So yeah, 'when' might as well be a matter of 'will they bother'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beckers View Post
    Hope not, they both are an eyesore.

They need a redesign not a remodel, specially the Worgens.
    Blizz confirmed that the worgen females will see changes to be more 'wolf-like'.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    I remember when they were confirmed for later on in WoD, then later on in Legion, then somewhere down the line.

They literally never 'confirmed' worgen/goblin updates for WoD or Legion. Absolute BS.

In fact their initial reply was 'no plans to update their models at this time' because the original plan was to work on classic races only. The heavy amount of draenei lore in WoD caused them to work on that race as well and then Blood elves which came in 7.1 (or 7.1.5, I can't remember).

'No plans' eventually turned into 'we'd like to' and most recently at Blizzcon 2017 that they ARE being worked on but wouldn't be ready for 8.0 - with at least one interview specifically citing the disappointment with the current female worgen.
    Last edited by Mirishka; 2018-07-21 at 12:27 PM.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they will. It was confirmed at last year's Blizzcon.

One of the more interesting aspects to this is the Vulpera. The Vulpera are almost certain to become a Horde allied race at some point, and they are based on the goblin model.

Investigation has shown that the Vulpera model has undergone significant improvemnt from the goblin model it was based on, as you can see in this screenshot
    http://www.wowhead.com/vulpera-race-...eenshots:abc:2

Now I include this, not to prove the point that playable Vulpera are coming, but to show you that the base goblin rig upon which the Vulpera are built has been massively improved. I would argue that a lot of the work being done for Vulpera will also serve to feed back into the Goblin redesign when it comes in Battle For Azeroth.

In fact, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Worgen and Goblin updates come in the same patch that Vulpera officially join the Horde, which I speculate to be 8.2. If the patch cadence is the same for BFA as for Legion, you are looking at Spring next year.

You might get a sneak peak at Blizzcon.

I want worgen to look more scary like they did in vanilla, or something akin to the werewolves in Bloodborne.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the goblin models, its the voices that need changing, I miss their old cackling voice actors not this Brooklyn sounding tone they seem to have (Is it Brooklyn?)
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    i hope so, worgens deserve it........ blizz is taking too long!!!!!!!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Chris G. Robinson confirmed they'd get updates during one of the Blizzcon QAs, but that it would be happening later in the expansion. He specifically mentioned wanting to give female worgen more face options so people didn't have to be stuck with the chihuahua look.

I may be reading into it too much, but the question was asked several times during interviews and the answer seemed to shift from "we'll look into it" to "we're definitely doing it" as they realized how much feedback they were getting about it. I strongly get the impression that Chris took it upon himself to make it a priority by saying it would happen during that QA.

Personally, I'd expect it to come no sooner than 8.1, but 8.2 may be more realistic. It will probably be timed for a moment when the Gilneans and goblins are thrust to the forefront of the story, maybe alongside new related/rival Allied Races.

7+ Year Old Account

complete opposite, they promised for BFA but for wod and legion said no plan, originally they said they were added in cata and therefore were good enough while the others were 2 expansions earlier or 3 expansions earlier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Man i hope so. The ingame female worgen is a Chihuahua. Look at the actual concepts of what it was supposed to be:

I love how 2/3 of the pieces you show literally have most of the face hidden to the point for example the second one could literally be the current model.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by pppbroom View Post
    Do you understand that what you're showing is not about model but feaures as stance, armor etc.
    spoiler: that backwards snarl/gurn and bulbous forehead was not part of the original design.

10+ Year Old Account

Worgen was confirmed for BFA, just not when.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..