Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Why do people like Mythic +?

it seems like it's just a cheap and easy way to rehash content and not introduce new dungeons. It's not new content at all it's just doing the same thing over and over, same thing with world quests, it's the quests you already did through the story rehashed.
    Mistweaver Monk |
    "Those who lead through fear only stay in power while those they govern lack courage." ~ Lorewalker Cho

Doing dungeons is fun. Doing harder dungeons is even funier

Deleted
    The same reason people play pve: to brag about their perfomance, in front of other like minded individuals.

Similar to why people play pvp: to assert dominance over others.

It's all about the size of the penis.

Deleted
    Yeah I would rather they introduce 10 new dungeons every couple of months to keep things fresh.

#sarcasm

Back in vanilla/tbc my most favorite thing was doing dungeons.
    Not for gear or loot but just for the 5man teamwork of going through over-tuned hell.

Mythic dungeons can provide a similar experience if you find like minded individuals who are in it for the thrill and not just for the loot.

I like m+ because we can do as many or as little as we want anytime we want without relying on 15 other people.

M+ is a great for people that really dont like the social aspects of guild raiding. I dont want to get to know 20 random people I dont want to talk to them and I dont care to listen to what they have to say.

I can do M+ with people I know IRL or at worst do it with 5 random people that have a decent skills/ XP easily checked with in game addons.

M+ allows me to get gear that is just as good as things that will drop from raids and gives people that like 5 man content expansion long endgame content.

sure there are lot of other reasons but thats the primary reasons I like them.

I also only play tanks so I have a lot of control of how the run goes.

Best thing to happen to wow in a very long time imho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    it seems like it's just a cheap and easy way to rehash content and not introduce new dungeons. It's not new content at all it's just doing the same thing over and over, same thing with world quests, it's the quests you already did through the story rehashed.
    Its the same thing with raids, LFR, normal, heroic and Mythic.

The only reason I returned to WoW since WoD expansion was to play Mythic + with a core group of friends. I'm not interested in raiding, I really love tanking and pushing myself to new limits by doing it, mythic + allow me to do just that.
    Last edited by Kon01; 2018-07-22 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    I like m+ because we can do as many or as little as we want anytime we want without relying on 15 other people.
    Well - we all can't do as many as we want ... but I can sometimes scrounge 1 or 2 a week, so that's good.

I like them because it is a more coordinated fight compared to the chaos that normally follows 20 or 30 people around

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    because it's fun and is an alternative to raiding.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Atherions View Post
    Doing dungeons is fun. Doing harder dungeons is even funier
    But unlimited levels is not fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    on the contrary, bein able to push further and further reachin your limit is very fun
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    The same reason people play pve: to brag about their perfomance, in front of other like minded individuals.

Similar to why people play pvp: to assert dominance over others.

It's all about the size of the penis.
    Imagine being so deep into in the marxist worldview that you literally cannot see other aspects of life than power.

Listen, people like M+ because they are funny and reward loot and thus character progression. Power, bragright and so forth got fuck-all to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by aeuhe4yxzhds View Post
    Err...what? Unlimited challenge is what makes it fun. Set yourself a goal if you really need someone to give you a limit for no reason.

Deleted
    I also dont understand the hype behind mythic +. I mean yes its a cool feature, dont get me wrong. But I can only do the same dungeon a certain times, before i wanna kill myself. In the end its the same dungeon, the same textures, the same mechanics, the same route everytime. There is 0 difference except a slightly higher difficulty. Also its just a damn timerun. And most dungeons are so short, you just do them again and again and again, in a really short time.
    I understand its a very cheap method for blitz to reuse content etc. but I cant understand how some people can still do them.

On the other hand, we have no numbers, so it could indeed be, that many burned out and stopped doing them, or quit the game. We dont know. But we know, there are still people doing the same 15min dungeons every day.

I'd prefer longer dungeons without infinite levels of difficulty. I really liked tbc heroics for example. But they dont fit into todays game, with the endless tretmill and rng etc.

On raid with guild or on pugs we are always waiting for something - tactic explain, afkers, summoning because people left etc.

In m+ once we start our run we just do it without 2hours afk in front of boss because of something/someone.

This is what i hate the most about raids and i like the most about m+. Doing weekly run takes so little time compared to raids

Because people like something challenging in an otherwise easy game?

I am fine with the harder part of Mythic + dungeons I just have no interest in the timer part of it.

It makes it much less fun than a tough dungeon that might take a little bit of time and require interesting use of abilities to complete.

My guess is that I am not the target audience for that content.

I actually agree somewhat with the OP's sentiments. Mythic+ is enjoyable but I don't find it a replacement (or a good replacement, at least) for a raid or new dungeon. There's almost no mechanics in a 5 man dungeon, so that means a lot of Mythic+'s difficulty relies on making it artificially difficult, i.e., numbers are so high that stuff becomes one-shot mechanics and you have to have a shitload of dps.

On the absolute cutting edge of mythic+ pushing you see interesting and outside the box strategies, so there's at least meager depth to it but for the average "good" WoW player, Mythic+ is basically 'if you can do the dungeon on mythic0 and not mess anything up, then you can do it on mythic20', and that's really not that fun in the grand scheme of things.

I enjoyed them but I wish Blizzard would put more effort into them. It'd be neat to see the bosses, or even the dungeon itself, change once you hit certain thresholds. It could be dynamic across dungeons, too, so not every mythic15 means every boss gains a new ability or whatever. Mythic12 of XXXX dungeon means that XXXX boss has a new mechanic, whereas mythic18 of XXXX dungeon means the dungeon now has a whole new trash encounter or something. I'm just asspulling random ideas, but my main point is that I'd like to see the concept of Mythic+ fleshed out a little bit further.