Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What are your favorite memories from Diablo 3 (and Diablo 2)

What are your favorite memories from Diablo 3 (and Diablo 2)?

I honestly don't have any favorite memories of Diablo 3.

For Diablo 2, it was being a part of the community on battle.net that would jump into different games. I also really enjoyed making enchant games and casting enchant on low levels with my sorc. The game would fill up with 8 players and people would run Acts together and chat. It was pretty good. I would have liked to have seen them expand upon "helper" games like that in Diablo 3 (in ways that encouraged being social)
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2018-07-23 at 04:11 AM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

D3? Killing Inferno Diablo in Vanilla and reaching 100 Paragon on my DH, always in Vanilla.

D2? Getting my second Grandfather on my Barb after 8 years of farming.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I don't have one for Diablo 3, it was all meh.

I don't remember specific moments from D2, either, but I used to love grouping up in the computer lab to smash through the game.

D3: Probably figuring out Force Armor - Diamond Skin - no Vita strat before it was meta, overall the hardness of Inferno was awesome before they nerfed into the ground. Also selling Mempo of Twilight and paying my WoW sub with it for a long time.

Diablo 1/2, I remember little about as didn't really play much of them after 2003-2004.. So can't really say what are my favorite memories, when I only really remember the annoying stuff. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    D3: That first playthough the morning after it release following a wake and bake. The game was great the first time playing it.

D2: I have a vague memory in college doing Act 2 with some random online person. We cleared out all the tal rasha tombs several times over. I don't know why, but this sticks into my memory more than any other moment I had in the game. I also had my wisdom teeth taken out, so I was pretty high on Vicodin.
    Last edited by zEmini; 2018-09-04 at 10:12 PM.

Diablo 2 : I was farming Pindleskin (think that was his name) and other easy to reach bosses for loot because I wanted something I could use to trade for the IK chest, I had collected the rest of the set but the chest was a high ticket item, to my amazement the Tal Rashas chest actually dropped and I was able to trade it off for the IK chest, finally completing my Barbarian, though it was short lived as after that set my eyes on Breath of the Dying.

Diablo 3 : Honestly, beating Diablo on inferno pre-nerf when the game balance was completely skrewed.. For those who don't remember, you needed act 2-3 gear in order to do act 2 (which was a monster of a jump in difficulty from act 1). Clearing act 3 without ilvl 63 gear (which only dropped in act 3-4) meant corpse running a lot and being selective about what you would fight. I was playing Barbarian, my buddy playing Sorc and neither of us were really geared but we got to Diablo and came up with a strategy to beat him (having used strategies to get past every area and boss prior, because they would just chew us to pieces).

I think beating Izual required me to use some crazy ranged barbarian spec that involved a lot of kiting.. When it finally got nerfed I had only barely picked up enough gear to where things were somewhat manageable in terms of killing an elite pack before it enraged, then of course the nerf came in and everything was faceroll.

People don't really think about Diablo that way these days, but pre-nerf Vanilla Diablo 3 the bosses were like raid bosses in WoW and you needed to use some clever strategies to not die, fights could last a really really long time too, unless you were overgeared (which was hard to achieve, especially without using the AH heavily).
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2018-08-08 at 01:50 AM.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

D2: Entering the chaos sanctuary for the first time. I remember this very vividly for some reason.

D3: Probably getting a Skorn on my barb for the first time.

D2: First time playing closed battle.net, I had been playing the pirate game for a couple months prior in LAN with people on mIRC, it felt great to finally play the real thing.

D3: First playthrough on inferno, the game was really fun to me for the first 2 months after that I only ever played again in RoS.

D1: My first RPG Game, walking around, learning what Mana is, exploring something that wasn't an egoshooter or something like lion king / prince of persia. It was the first game that told a story. (I won't consider Doom as a game with a story)

D2: Lan-Parties! Also playing a Summoner. The First game where I could be creative and have a Character grow with the game. Planning my Talent Trees got me sleepless nights back then. Also the cinematics. I loved them! Also the Atmosphere. Act2, Act3, Act5.. my fav Acts!

D3: My first Login in Storymode. Slaughtering the Zombies, helping the Guardians. It brought back memories. Even though D3 was a great game I don't have any awesome memories on it.
    It has more bad memories. I loved the books of Diablo. I loved the Lore. And suddenly...
    Human's are not only the Child of Angel and Demon anymore.. they also can be created if an Angels drops his shoulder pads.
    Angel's are either dickheads, weak or stupid (The Angels of Wisdom is the most stupid one)
    I am the strongest being alive.

I HOPE for the sake of my favourite Game-Franchise that what ever Blizzard is gonna show us at the end of the year brings back the old feeling.
    I want a dark rotten world where Angels are awesome and a bright light in the darkness. I want character development again. I want to kill Diablo as a Human and not of a every thousand-year-lucky god.

The entire launch experience was pretty cool for me but a particularly fond moment was selling some bracers for $35 on the RMAH lol.

Deleted
    Looting yellow trifecta gloves in the early times of D3 where the auction house still was a thing and earning around 250€ for them. Good times

Deleted
    Selling the 1. thing in RMAH..then the second..and so on

D3: RMAH was good

Making around 1k from junk items early in the game. Favorite was a stormshield that I sold for 100 something.

After that, nothing was really interesting about d3 to me in all honesty.

D2: Summoning blood golem over and over until all of Kurast Docks was covered with corpses with my friend
    D3: Uninstalling

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Insane numbers treasure goblins of all varieties appearing in one area and trying to murder them all in time.

That or getting the zappy shrine and the speed shrine and zipping through a Greater Rift, murdering everything around me at blazing speeds.

D2 - when I finally got Griffons and Infinity on my Light Sorc, last pieces of the gear I needed, had like 4-52k with some charms

D3 - Season 1-6 and the start of RoS was amazing, such a step up from vanilla D3!

Getting the cosmic wings to drop.

Just kidding they never dropped for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    In Diablo III, my first initial playthrough of the game. It was in 2016 when Torments were already implemented.

Hardcore mode on Master difficulty, fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mostly enjoyed the cinematics from vanilla D3, the initial inferno was absolutely garbage.

After that it was the fun of Season 2-5 mostly, the game changed quite a lot back then and was always fun playing with friends

I still think D3 is good but there is nothing new to do as the balance changes are none existent.