Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodwulf View Post

I'm still hard pressed between Blood (i played Blood all of Cata and through the beginning of Antorus) or BRM (never played for any meaningful amount). If it makes a difference I intend to PVP on this character, and while i know how blood and unholy perform in PVP, i have zero experience with WW (I hear you just don't PVV as BRM).
    In a earlier post you said you only wanted to go as hard as M+ probably so I'm going off that. My top suggestion is you play what you enjoy the most (blah blah default answer I know) but if you actually enjoy both DK and Monk and only intend to do 5 mans, you will probably have more success with DK because of how their kits are designed. Monks tanking style favors damage smoothing over damage mitigation compared to other tanks and provides almost no sustain(as you have seen from your own play). This requires healers to be much more active when it comes to healing during all those tough trash packs in M+. DK however brings a ton of sustain and moderate mitigation compared to other tanks, allowing them to be mostly self sufficient in M+.

Edit: the damage smoothing component of monk is what makes them such gods in raid. In progression raiding (mythic when you don't overgear it) the most threatening mechanic from most bosses is just plain old auto attacks. Its quite common for bosses to 2-3 shot a tank without any type of additional damage reduction up. Monks, druids and dks are blessed with 100% AM uptime making it extremely unlikely they get "popped" randomly during boss encounters.
    Last edited by Elbob; 2018-07-25 at 02:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post
    In a earlier post you said you only wanted to go as hard as M+ probably so I'm going off that. My top suggestion is you play what you enjoy the most (blah blah default answer I know) but if you actually enjoy both DK and Monk and only intend to do 5 mans, you will probably have more success with DK because of how their kits are designed. Monks tanking style favors damage smoothing over damage mitigation compared to other tanks and provides almost no sustain(as you have seen from your own play). This requires healers to be much more active when it comes to healing during all those tough trash packs in M+. DK however brings a ton of sustain and moderate mitigation compared to other tanks, allowing them to be mostly self sufficient in M+.
    Pretty much this. I don't see brewmaster dethroning blood as a THE m+ tank. Not even close.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elbob View Post

Edit: the damage smoothing component of monk is what makes them such gods in raid. In progression raiding (mythic when you don't overgear it) the most threatening mechanic from most bosses is just plain old auto attacks. Its quite common for bosses to 2-3 shot a tank without any type of additional damage reduction up. Monks, druids and dks are blessed with 100% AM uptime making it extremely unlikely they get "popped" randomly during boss encounters.
    Well that helps a lot. I am mostly retired from raiding since Nighthold. I had a realization moment when i was starting up my raid one night, and thought, i love my raid team, i love the raid i am in, i enjoy my class, but i am not having fun...

M+ is likely going to be my primary focus, i have a solid group of 5 that wants to push keys and just have fun whenever we want. I might pug Normal Raids, but that can be done with any tanks.

Ill probably level my BRM second in BFA, just so i have a healer/tank at the ready.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

BrM is insanely fun. You have high mobility, good st and aoe Damage and stagger is amazing (smooth Damage intake). Definitely my favorite tank and apparently they're gonna be a musthave tank for mythic raiding, but I cannot confirm that.

However, BrM is really bad for soloing stuff as while you'll slowly loose your hp and can't really recover. This issue also applies to leveling.
    Leveling as WW is a lot faster and easier: Chain pull a lot of Mobs, stun them and down them with fists of fury => healing spheres will spawn and not only are you not gonna die, but also end up with 100% hp.
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2018-07-28 at 03:13 PM.