Thread: TBC Elemental

TBC Elemental

Found this gem:

DPS Rotation:
    You have 3 options when it comes to DPS Rotation:
    Lightning Bolt Spam
    By just spamming lightning bolt, you provide sufficient and consistent dps over a longer period of time. Use this rotation for Boss Encounters longer than 5 minutes
    4 LB + 1 CL
    This rotation will offer you higher dps than LB Spam, but will be harder to maintain for a long duration as you will run out of mana more quickly. Use this rotation for Boss Encounters shorter than 4-5 minutes
    3 LB + 1 CL
    This is your highest dps rotation. Unless you have reached 10% haste, you will be able to perfectly fit 3 LB’s between each CL (with 10% haste, you can fit in 4). Unfortunately, when using this dps rotation, you will burn through your mana very quickly, especially with use of Heroism/Bloodlust + War Drums (LW) + Haste Potion. Generally, you should use this rotation for short Boss Encounters (less than 3 minutes) or “DPS Race” types. You should be able to use this rotation on boss fights through normals and heroics with ease
    Tips:
    Cast flame shock if forced to move during encounter and are in range
    Balance your CL usage depending on the boss’s remaining health and your remaining mana pool; always try to end the fight without any remaining mana.

- - - Updated - - -

How come it was so simple, yet so much fun, so elegant, and at the same time hard actually! (Raids, not the rotation itself obv)
    In today's world... what would you even do in raids? Nice to remember.

- - - Updated - - -

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...-MrHTm1NM/edit

Just look at that talent tree... oh the nostalgy.

spamming one button isnt fun tho

I still remember our Elemental Shaman packing a sad every time we fought Hydross, who was completely immune to all nature damage.

It was fun because you we're probably 12-15 years old and didn't play any other game that was near Warcraft

Omg I remember that fight in zul Aman where me and an enhancement shaman had to rotate earth shocks back when it slowed attack speed on bosses so that it wouldn't hit our rank so hard plus we had to keep adds interrupted so my dps was shit running around earth shockig which I think was also our interrupt at the time.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Omg I remember that fight in zul Aman where me and an enhancement shaman had to rotate earth shocks back when it slowed attack speed on bosses so that it wouldn't hit our rank so hard plus we had to keep adds interrupted so my dps was shit running around earth shockig which I think was also our interrupt at the time.
    It didn't slow until patch 3.2 though.
    "Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Redesigned. This spell no longer interrupts spell casting, but rather reduces melee attack speed by 10% for 8 seconds (exclusive with similar effects such as [Thunder Clap])." - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Earth_Shock

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It didn't slow until patch 3.2 though.
    "Wrath of the Lich King Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Redesigned. This spell no longer interrupts spell casting, but rather reduces melee attack speed by 10% for 8 seconds (exclusive with similar effects such as [Thunder Clap])." - https://wow.gamepedia.com/Earth_Shock
    Hmm must have been in wrath then.

I still wish Earthshock hit like a truck and interrupted spell casting.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    It does hit for a truck, unlike back when it also interupted

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    It does hit for a truck, unlike back when it also interupted
    Yes, I want both. An interrupt and for it to hit like a truck like it currently does. With no maelstrom necessary. 6 second cooldown.

Or maybe I'm an idiot and don't fully remember what Earth shock did back in TBC. I blame it on the gin and tonics.
    Last edited by Tikishock; 2018-08-04 at 02:02 AM.

Elemental was fun due to Elemental Mastery. Once you popped that CD every 2 or 3 minutes (don't remember correctly) you melted everything, especially in PvP. Was simple but a ton of fun.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

sounds boring as hell i only played elemental from wotlk-legion.

wotlk version was easily the worst, then wod, then cata & then legion(firelands/dragon soul was good, first tier bad, while legion had a lot of builds but none that really kept up on mobility fights like cata ele could, also legion CL was far far weaker than cata with even SK) then mop.
    Last edited by Socialhealer; 2018-08-04 at 02:55 PM.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    sounds boring as hell i only played elemental from wotlk-legion.

wotlk version was easily the worst, then wod, then cata & then legion(firelands/dragon soul was good, first tier bad, while legion had a lot of builds but none that really kept up on mobility fights like cata ele could, also legion CL was far far weaker than cata with even SK) then mop.
    Wotlk was amazing, compared to TBC/Vanilla, thanks to the introduction of Lava Burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalem View Post
    why? 2 different CD is way better, for pvp and pve. or you mean shaman with 2 interrupt?

I remember all shocks were on the same CD at some point. terrible. also a time when frostshock was the interrupt, or the hard hitting shock for enhance, can't remember either.

best period IMO was flameshock-> spread with lava lash-> nova.
    Last edited by mmoc051d140155; 2018-08-05 at 12:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Groh View Post
    why? 2 different CD is way better, for pvp and pve. or you mean shaman with 2 interrupt?

I remember all shocks were on the same CD at some point. terrible. also a time when frostshock was the interrupt, or the hard hitting shock for enhance, can't remember either.

best period IMO was flameshock-> spread with lava lash-> nova.
    elemental had that earlier in firelands, flame shock 3 targets->fire nova, each flame shock gained 4? 6? seconds duration for being hit by fire nova, i used it to solo firelands 25 trash, get 40 flame shocks up, 3 HOUR duration, 1 million dps with 40 fire nova's going off, in a time when 45k dps was good single target lol.