View Poll Results: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Voters
625. You may not vote on this poll
  • ☆☆☆☆ [0]

    121 19.36%
  • ★☆☆☆ [1]

    94 15.04%
  • ★★☆☆ [2]

    152 24.32%
  • ★★★☆ [3]

    167 26.72%
  • ★★★★ [4]

    91 14.56%
  1. #2921
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    13,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Weird, I've always seen Yoda ranked above Anakin at that point in time. Do you have a source?
    The phantom menace has the whole midalorion thing but then there’s the clone wars episode with the father son and daughter where they toot anakins horn.

    Given how the new republic Jedi/sith train and fight yoda would Proabbly wreck anakin as he has more skill and experience though. If they had all the different force skills from the old republic anakin would likely wipe the floor with every one else.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Did everyone just conveniently forget this:

    http://timenerdworld.files.wordpress...pg?w=475&h=206
    I think most want to.

  2. #2922
    Yea love this game

    Spam isn't allowed. Infracted.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-08 at 08:48 PM.

  3. #2923
    Merely a Setback Sunseeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    In the state of Denial.
    Posts
    25,548
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    See the Clone Wars series and Rebels.
    So in short, not much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    People in cars cause accidents. Accidents in cars cause people.
    "That's my style; I like to kick 'em when they're down!"
    And thus I give you: MALE contraception!

  4. #2924
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunseeker View Post
    So in short, not much.
    No, they aren't initiates and can have quite a bit of skill.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    100:1 odds that he wont
    Quote Originally Posted by freefolk View Post
    Okay. I'll stop sharing my views.

  5. #2925
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post



    Fuck freaking no.
    "In essence" they're at complete opposites.
    One suffers and grows from it, fails and stands back up. The other just... wins. Every time.
    Yeah, Luke sure grew from his suffering when he oneshot the Death Star because muh Force was with him. And when, after Vader beat him down, he found a metal hand somewhere that in no way hampers his abilities and indeed wins the next bout.

    Tell yourself what you want. Rey is Luke with tits. The character archetype and surrounding stories are purposefully identical.

  6. #2926
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Yeah, Luke sure grew from his suffering when he oneshot the Death Star because muh Force was with him. And when, after Vader beat him down, he found a metal hand somewhere that in no way hampers his abilities and indeed wins the next bout.

    Tell yourself what you want. Rey is Luke with tits. The character archetype and surrounding stories are purposefully identical.
    Except not? There’s supposed to be five years between ANH and ROTJ. Like also always learns from his failures, but Rey has never had a failure to learn from.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

  7. #2927
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Yoda has already been linked in the thread you going on about "what he really meant was" is fanfic you made up.
    Lol, you keep falling into the same pitfall.

    What you did is link Yoda's words. That's where it ends.
    Then comes your personal interpretation of what those words meant.
    Your fault is treating said interpretation as ultimate truth.

    I disagree, and told you what those words mean instead in my opinion. You still have to address that in any mature or adult manner.

    I've also already linked you examples of advanced force use with no training in the old and new canon and you just say they don't count which is more fanfic.
    Actually that's more dismissal for not being based off the source material.
    At this point I wonder if you even know what a fanfic is, you seem to be throwing the term casually and nonsensically a lot.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    It's almost like not every jedi has the same amount of power in the force, its almost like anakin luke and rey were all more powerful then yoda and palp with far far less training.
    ....see what I meant when saying you can no longer distinguish between your headcanon and reality.
    In what movie were Anakin, Luke or Rey shown to be more powerful than Yoda and Palp? None.
    Last edited by Malaky; 2019-12-08 at 02:46 AM.

  8. #2928
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Except not? There’s supposed to be five years between ANH and ROTJ. Like also always learns from his failures, but Rey has never had a failure to learn from.
    Luke didn't fail during A New Hope and spent most of Empire failing. He only starts to regain his momentum in the gap between the end of Empire and the start of Jedi.

    Give Rey the same chance to learn from the events of Last Jedi. She may have become stronger with the force during the course of that movie, but she also failed to resist the call of the dark, failed to save Kylo from himself, and watched her master die because she wasn't able to turn Kylo back. I'm not sure how people think that Rey never failed during the course of The Last Jedi.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada

  9. #2929
    Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Except not? There’s supposed to be five years between ANH and ROTJ. Like also always learns from his failures, but Rey has never had a failure to learn from.
    ? She may succeed a lot during TFA, but that's because it's a shot for shot reshoot of ANH- where Luke also doesn't fail I would add, quite the contrary, he saves the princess, gets out of the Death Star and blows it up himself. In Empire he gets manhandled, but Rey also fails at pretty much everything she sets out to do in TLJ. The only one in that movie who actually ends in a better position than he starts is Kylo Ren, who even then fails to end the Resistance. So I don't really see any difference, no.

  10. #2930
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    ? She may succeed a lot during TFA, but that's because it's a shot for shot reshoot of ANH- where Luke also doesn't fail I would add, quite the contrary, he saves the princess, gets out of the Death Star and blows it up himself. In Empire he gets manhandled, but Rey also fails at pretty much everything she sets out to do in TLJ. The only one in that movie who actually ends in a better position than he starts is Kylo Ren, who even then fails to end the Resistance. So I don't really see any difference, no.
    If you want to get to technical Luke doesn't blow up the Death Star all by himself he receives timely assists from both Obi Wan, Han Solo & his other Xwing Squadmates who die in the trench.
    Last edited by MachoSasquatcho; 2019-12-08 at 02:49 AM.

  11. #2931
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    13,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Lol, you keep ragging on falling into the same pitfall.

    All you did is link Yoda's vague words. That's where it ends.
    Where the fanfic starts, is your interpretation of what that vagueness means.
    Your fault, treating said interpretation as ultimate truth.

    I disagree, and told you what those words mean instead in my opinion. You still have to address that in any mature or adult manner.
    following the canon explanations given by characters in universe is not fan fic, trying to twist the explanation because you don't like what it means how ever is.



    Actually that's more dismissal for not being based off the source material.
    At this point I wonder if you even know what a fanfic is, you seem to be throwing the term casually and nonsensically a lot.
    Both the EU and the new canon are based off the source material of the OT and both give a further understanding of how the force work.

    In what movie were Anakin, Luke or Rey shown to be more powerful than Yoda and Palp? None.

    ....See what I mean when I say you can no longer distinguish between your headcanon and reality.
    Starwars isn't limited to the movie's. reality is that there are other sources of canon which events take place, I have no headcanon as I go off of the actual canon and whats actually real to the universe while you make stuff up and dismiss any thing that doesn't agree with you.

  12. #2932
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    following the canon explanations given by characters in universe is not fan fic, trying to twist the explanation because you don't like what it means how ever is.
    And head down into the pitfall again.

    In neither the second nor third movie Yoda ever explains anything.

    All he does is give Luke cryptical words of encouragement to help him succeed.
    Words open to interpretation, of which yours is no more valid than mine.

    Both the EU and the new canon are based off the source material of the OT and both give a further understanding of how the force work.
    Fanfictions are also based off the source material, that doesn't make them gospel. At best, they're possibilities.

  13. #2933
    I am Murloc! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    5,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    But Luke did so over 3 Movies, which span 4 years. Rey undergoes this entire process in... a week?
    Oddly enough there are people in the world that picked up a hammer for the first time and were able to hammer that nail in just fine. Or just read a book really quick and then build a house or composed a song.

    Why is it not possible for something, in this case, Rey to be a savant in how the force works and just be a really gifted force user that does not need training like everyone else. Why can't there be force users that can do the same?

  14. #2934
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    13,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    And head down into the pitfall again.

    In neither the second nor third movie Yoda ever explains anything.

    All he does is give Luke cryptical words of encouragement to help him succeed.
    Words open to interpretation, of which yours is no more valid than mine.



    Fanfictions are also based off the source material, that doesn't make them gospel. At best, they're possibilities.
    "its only different in your mind, you must unlearn what you have learned" Totally not an explanation.

    fanfic is also not part of the canon of a universe officially recognized and pulled from when making material in that universe. As i said in my last post the reality is that starwar's isn't limited to the movies any other opinion is headcanon.

  15. #2935
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Why is it not possible for something, in this case, Rey to be a savant in how the force works and just be a really gifted force user that does not need training like everyone else. Why can't there be force users that can do the same?
    Because 1) it's cheap 2) it's boring 3) it's unappealing 4) it's what all Mary Sue do.

  16. #2936
    Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Luke didn't fail during A New Hope and spent most of Empire failing. He only starts to regain his momentum in the gap between the end of Empire and the start of Jedi.

    Give Rey the same chance to learn from the events of Last Jedi. She may have become stronger with the force during the course of that movie, but she also failed to resist the call of the dark, failed to save Kylo from himself, and watched her master die because she wasn't able to turn Kylo back. I'm not sure how people think that Rey never failed during the course of The Last Jedi.
    Luke spends all of ANH getting bailed out by Obi Wan, Leia, and Han.

    Rey literally saves the day in TLJ... what little was left to save, anyway. She leaves of her own accord from Ach-to after somehow beating Luke in single combat, and the only thing she actually fails at is keeping Kylo from getting Anakon’s lightsaber, and that’s only because it exploded so no one wins there.

    The only possible failing you could see her having is that she doesn’t even realize she’s falling to the dark side because she’s too busy being essentially godlike in the Force to listen to anyone.
    Do not ask questions for which you do not want the answers.

  17. #2937
    I am Murloc! Logwyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Dagobah
    Posts
    5,111
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    Because 1) it's cheap 2) it's boring 3) it's unappealing 4) it's what all Mary Sue do.
    I'd say that Rey has a large and huge glaring weakness.

  18. #2938
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    "its only different in your mind, you must unlearn what you have learned" Totally not an explanation.
    It isn't. At all.
    In fact it's kinda baffling you think this explains anything.

    This sort of speech is just the usual thing the military does when breaking down a civilian so he can be trained anew into a soldier, it's not an explanation.

    fanfic is also not part of the canon of a universe officially recognized and pulled from when making material in that universe. As i said in my last post the reality is that starwar's isn't limited to the movies any other opinion is headcanon.
    Spare me about the whole "recognized canon" or not.
    I saw what they did to Revan.

    Only the original authors matter in dictating what is or isn't. Only the original movies count.

  19. #2939
    The main skip in the OT is between ANH and ESB, iirc. Before Luke got any training. But he managed a Force Pull just by listening to Ghost Obi Wan in his head. In ANH, he instinctually blocked the probe blasts with the blast shields down on his helmet with a literal one line instruction from Obi Wan.

    They don't specify how much time passes between ESB and RotJ, but seeing as Luke gets his feeling at the end of ESB, and misses Han getting frozen by a few minutes, he gets a new hand, and then the opening scene of RotJ is them rescuing Han, which they would probably do fairly quickly? I suppose it would take, yanno, an hour to come up with the great plan of Leia dressing up as a bounty hunter and bringing in Chewie, so the gap would probably the time it takes to go from Bespin to Tattooine.

    And yet Luke's character completely changes from the Jedi apprentice who fails at everything and was emotionally destroyed by learning about Vader being his father, to a dude who claims to be a Jedi Master and hatches a successful (if zany) plan to save Han.

  20. #2940
    Titan Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    13,827
    Quote Originally Posted by Malaky View Post
    It isn't. At all.
    In fact it's kinda baffling you think this explains anything.

    This sort of speech is just the usual thing the military does when breaking down a civilian so he can be trained anew into a soldier, it's not an explanation.
    Yoda flatly explains why luke fails both before and after he try's to lift the Xwing end of, no matter how many times you want to try and pretend he doesn't he does incredibly clearly to the point a 10 year old would understand.



    Spare me about the whole "recognized canon" or not.
    I saw what they did to Revan.

    Only the original authors matter in dictating what is or isn't. Only the original movies count.
    So you admit you don't care about the actual canon of the universe and just wan't to go off your personal headcanon.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •