Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Rose gets most of the resilience killed while jar jar is just one vote of many for making the empire. I’d say rose matter more as her actions have a more direct link to killing people.
    Jar Jar makes the motion for a vote of giving control over to the Supreme Chancellor. I think he is more than one vote, he leads the charge for the Emperor.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Jar Jar makes the motion for a vote of giving control over to the Supreme Chancellor. I think he is more than one vote, he leads the charge for the Emperor.
    Does he? I thought he was just the last one to cast a vote but it’s been a while so I might remember wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    There were literally thousands of jedi at once in the order specifically during the prequel time. The inquisitors were tortured until they broke they didn't just fall they were mentally and physically tortured most of them were either Padawans or Knights very few masters. Anakin was also corrupted while still a padawan/knight Fallen order fleshes that out very nicely actually. Within the history of the galaxy there have likely been millions of force users the vast majority were trained within the order and stayed lightside. Kylo didn't fall because of the order either Kylo fell because Jake got a vision of him falling and decided he should chop him in half instead of talking.
    The inquisitors were tortured until they broke they didn't just fall they were mentally and physically tortured most of them were either Padawans or Knights very few masters.
    Doesn't change the fact the Jedi left them ill equpwd to deal with the dark side.

Anakin was also corrupted while still a padawan/knight Fallen order fleshes that out very nicely actually
    Anakins fall has been thoroughly told at this point. The Jedi were the push and Sidious was the pull. Sidious would have have a lot harder time pulling Anakin had the Jedi not always look at Anakin like a redheaded stepchild. They feared and mistrusted him, he could pick up that. His upbringing was rough, from slave, to leaving mother for a group of people who did not trust him nor offer emotional support for someone used to it, to his mother dying and having to fight in the Clone Wars. The Jedi accused his apprentice of treason on some nonsense, he was told to hid his love for his wife, he probably had PTSD. A rainy day could have flipped Anakin by the time he changed, all due to the way the Jedi dealt with him. Ultimately he felt the Jedi were holding him back from saving those he loved.

Within the history of the galaxy there have likely been millions of force users the vast majority were trained within the order and stayed lightside
    Again if you want to talk EU, the lore literally says the Sith were made up of countless ex-Jedi. You can go Wookiepedia right now and pull up countless articles of Darths who fell to disagreements or the failings of the Jedi. This is evident from the first human Sith to Luke and Leia's kids in the EU.

Kylo didn't fall because of the order either Kylo fell because Jake got a vision of him falling and decided he should chop him in half instead of talking.
    Kylo most certainly did fall because of the cracks Jedi teachings. Luke sensed the pull of the dark side in Kylo, Kylo felt it. The more powerful the force-sensitive, the stronger the pull. The dark side pulls the powerful like opposite ends of a magnet attracting each other. The Jedi only teach how to avoid the dark side, not how to deal with it once it's there - because they killed anything that crossed over. Luke couldn't kill Kylo but he also didn't know how to stop Kylo from embracing the dark side, so Kylo so or just drifted over it will Snoke gently pulled.

Stealing from Endus, the Jedi are like abstinence-only sex education. They teach you Jedi to avoid things that might pull them to the dark side but don't teach them what to do if they ever find themselves falling. Just avoidance. The dark side is seductive, addicting, it feels good. The Jedi don't teach padawans how to deal with any of that. So the padawan ends getting 20 Force STDs the first time they they are on their own and experience the dark side.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

The paid critics are already preparing to fend the backlash off of this movie: https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/13/enter...rnd/index.html
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Careful, the amount of satire and irony in this video can cause cancer!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    The paid critics are already preparing to fend the backlash off of this movie: https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/13/enter...rnd/index.html
    What exactly is wrong with this? They are pretty much just saying that some people liked TLJ some didn’t and some people are hateful/troll because of it.

That article is unreal. So evidently because I hate the sequels, because I think they are trash films with bad writing, bad characters with no depth, and asinine plot developments that amount to a pointless retcon of the original trilogy that I love - evidently, because I have taste - I'm a bigot? Way to resort to the old 'bigot' straw man CNN. So pathetic...

Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    That article is unreal. So evidently because I hate the sequels, because I think they are trash films with bad writing, bad characters with no depth, and asinine plot developments that amount to a pointless retcon of the original trilogy that I love - evidently, because I have taste - I'm a bigot? Way to resort to the old 'bigot' straw man CNN. So pathetic...
    I mean, the article itself said the author himself had misgivings for TLJ, and that he's talking about a particularly toxic subset of the fans.

Of course, you chose to misrepresent the article and be filled with rage at it, so.....perhaps it does apply to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Rioriel View Post
    Still not seen TLJ. Should probably get on that this weekend, right?
    Honestly not even worth watching the whole movie. Watch cinema sins for the entire movie run down or the last jedi told in emojis made by Disney

- - - Updated - - -

Here you are: The Last Jedi in two minutes.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zensunni View Post
    I mean if you see your self that way its kinda on you as the article actually says the opposite that people can like and dislike stuff without being toxic.

Johnson attributes the ugliest elements to a few bad apples, defending the wider fan base and warning against generalizing based on that. "On social media a few unhealthy people can cast a big shadow on the wall, but over the past 4 years I've met lots of real fellow SW fans," he wrote at the time. "We like & dislike stuff but we do it with humor, love & respect."

Quote Originally Posted by A Princess From Norway View Post
    How would Han Solo return as a ghost if he isn't a force user ? Do the people making these new movies not under basic star wars lore ?
    Have you not noticed from the last two films that the obvious answer is no?
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Have you not noticed from the last two films that the obvious answer is no?
    Sure they have, they're just developing the lore, expanding it. If they didn't do this it would be quite boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    Sure they have, they're just developing the lore, expanding it. If they didn't do this it would be quite boring.
    You mean breaking the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaktar View Post
    There's a big difference between adding new things to the lore and utterly ignoring/breaking it.

It's established in Episode 3 (so FULL Lucas creative control) that not only is becoming a Force Ghost only possible as a Force user, but that it's also VERY difficult to do. Even if the fan theory that Han Solo was a Force-squib was confirmed, he would have had absolutely nowhere near the strength nor skill to do something like this.

Ergo, they don't understand the lore - and more likely (and more worrisome), also don't care.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

There's a big difference between adding new things to the lore and utterly ignoring/breaking it.

It's established in Episode 3 (so FULL Lucas creative control) that not only is becoming a Force Ghost only possible as a Force user, but that it's also VERY difficult to do. Even if the fan theory that Han Solo was a Force-squib was confirmed, he would have had absolutely nowhere near the strength nor skill to do something like this.

Ergo, they don't understand the lore - and more likely (and more worrisome), also don't care.
    as i said earlier, the han solo thing wasn't described like a force ghost in the leak.

it just seems to be kylo having one of those typical good guy visions, like spiderman seeing uncle ben and remembering what he said.

breaking the lore = subverting expectations?

We haven't even seen the movie sooo, let's see what actually happens and what kind of explanations are available.

If we assume that it is what you think it is, to me this can be written off as Han Solo.

The "lore" around force-ghosts, officially, seems pretty murky, based on the research I did. As well it should be, Force stuff is meant to be ambiguous, explaining the exact mechanics of it has the taste of midi-chlorians to it. Based on what we see in the movies, it makes sense to me if seeing force ghosts also has something to do with the force user that sees them. Even if we go by the movie lore, the art of force ghosting seems pretty new and like something that could be expanded, in the same way Luke did force projection in TLJ and the Emperor showed us force-lightning for the first time out of nowhere in RotJ.

I feel so sorry for John Boyega, ian mccdarmond Mark Hamil and a bit for Daisy, especially Mark Hamil and Ian. While I dislike Rey, she is only a character and they’re only doing what the writers tell them. And then they are the main ones to receive backlash and/or have fans twist their words into slander against the movie or for the movie. It’s a big mess and Disney does absolutely nothing to cool the flames.

The girl who plays Rose can get the Chris Evans and Michael B Jordan, both were flaming torch, treatment with Marvel by redeeming their career.

Kathleen and Rian Johnson should absolutions be ashamed of themselves and I don’t care what people say. They both are a cancer to SW. And even Mark said it himself he’s(Rian) doing a good job with “killing the past”.

Last edited by TheramoreIsTheBomb; 2019-12-14 at 01:53 AM.

I am looking forwards to half in the bag especially if the leaks are true. I hope all 3 are in the review.

But i am looking forwards to plinkett review more.