Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Cannot wait to see how people will come up with ways to defend this washed up pile of crap. I was really hoping the leaks were not true. But they were not just partially true, they were 100% true....

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    Cannot wait to see how people will come up with ways to defend this washed up pile of crap. I was really hoping the leaks were not true. But they were not just partially true, they were 100% true....
    Scott Mendelson "It's the fans' faul"
    Multiple others: "It's cause Abrams instead if RJ"

They have already started :P

I mean, not so much defending RoS, but more continue their doubling down on TLJ.
    Last edited by Pozz; 2019-12-18 at 10:18 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pvt Hudson View Post
    I was rdy to unsub with that thumbnail he was trolling us with lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes: 53% with 47 reviews
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sta...e_of_skywalker
    Metacritic: 53 with 33 reviews
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/sta...e-of-skywalker

YIKES
    That's a big yikes. But it was pretty apparent when TFA came out that this wasn't going to end well. George Lucas really shouldn't have sold this franchise. For all the shit we gave him for the prequels, at least that guy had a vision and back then it felt like the Star Wars universe was growing, not shrinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes: 53% with 47 reviews
    https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/sta...e_of_skywalker
    Metacritic: 53 with 33 reviews
    https://www.metacritic.com/movie/sta...e-of-skywalker

YIKES
    That just means that the movie is good. Lots of movies that got mediocre scores by critics that were actually good. Godzilla 2, Rambo 5, Venom and Joker come to mind.

Great! Looking forward to tonight even more!
    Last edited by Deathknightish; 2019-12-18 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    That just means that the movie is good. Lots of movies that got mediocre scores by critics that were actually good. Godzilla 2, Rambo 5, Venom and Joker come to mind.

Great! Looking forward to tonight even more!
    You think Joker was good? lmao

Aww, are people finding their expectations and hopes aabout Star Wars dashed? Let that be a reminder to you that many things in our culture that seem popular are not worth putting your hopes, beliefs or expectations on. Search for the truth, and don't ignore it when it comes, it is very seldom popular., or wiidely accepted, and even if knowledge of it is widely known, it is often rejected and scoffed at for no good reason when you look closer.

Sad thing is most of you reject it becuase it has a stigma attached to it or is unpopular and you never pause to actually investigate it or seriously consider it, because the ridicule immediately makes you think otherwise, it has already conditioned you to drop it without question and you don't even realise it. Yes you, with all your intelligence and self confident have been deceived and you don't realise you are a self confident fool that is blind to real value right in front of you. You've been charmed and enchanted and don't even realise it. Yet deep down in the caverns of your heart buried under the lattice of lies, your heart has always known this stuff was junk and not really worth

So perhaps it is time to re-examine your priorities and what you hope in, expect and draw on for comfort, joy and validation, and instead be brave enough to admit you were foolish and naive to ever put so much of your time and concern in rubbish. Rather than doggedly out of pride continue to flag a dead horse or an obviously very bad one, let it go. What does entertainment whether Star wars or Warcraft really have to do with you? It's someone elses work and vision, why let your whole life including what dfines your joy and happiness be given to it? Why idolise it so? It clearly isn't worth it, and you know it, just becuase your younger self liked elements of it, doesn't mean you should give yourself wholly to idolising it. Sure you can cherish the good feelings and excitement you got from it, but constnatly giving all your heart over to it because of that feeling especially after later on realising how false it entirely was is not good sense Find what is truly worthy, and don't be afraid to look at things you tossed aside as worthless because you were blinded by trends and popularity and failed to see great value all around you.

It's rather time to leave this behind. sure it was cool when it was cool, but no ore. It is not worth occupying your affection or worship, it really isn't so just withdraw. Some of you have liked things like Star Wars and Warcraft for too long you may feel you don't know how to live without constantly leaning on them for emotional defntion and or life satisfaction, even when you see how hollow and silly they really are.

Be brave, go and find real wisdom, real truth and value it more, set your heart on searching for wisdom and truth instead rather than on fake men and fake worlds of the Star Wars or Warcraft universes or similar from other franchises.

We remember fondly the times we enjoyed, but no longer choose to have our lives or worship locked to these things. Go! Be free from these. Pull down your shrines and and temples to them. Sell your collections or throw them away. Don't leave things that can draw you back into them till you can be totally free of their hold on you.

Be brave and take that step. You know it is the right thing to do, you don't stand alone. A whole world, real world is all around you, and their are people who have their eyes open to it, seek them instead. Let wisdom and truth, be what is real in your lives, and let it lead you to that which is truly worthy of your attention,admiration, affection and ultimately you worship.
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2019-12-18 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    You think Joker was good? lmao
    Yes? The general consensus is that it's an excellent movie. it currently sits at 88% on RT and 8,7 on IMDB.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Aww, are people finding their expectations and hopes aabout Star Wars dashed? Let that be a reminder to you that many things in our culture that seem popular are not worth putting your hopes, beliefs or expectations on. Search for the truth, and dono't ignore it when it comes, it is very seldo popular., or wiidely accepted, and even if knowledge of it is widely nown, it is often rejected and scoffed at fro no good reason when you look closer.

Sad thing is most of you reject it becuase it has a stigma attached to it or is unpopular and you never pause to actually investigate it or seriously consider it, because the ridicule immediately makes you think otherwise, it has alreadyconditioned you to drop it without question.

So perhaps it is time to re-examine your priorities and what you hope in, expect and draw on for comfor, joy and validation, and instead be brave enough to admit you were foolish and naive to ever put so much of your time and concern in rubbis. Rather than doggedly out of pride continue to flag a dead horse or an obviously very bad one, let it go. What does entertainment whether Star wars or Warcraft really have to do with you? It's someone elses work and vision, why let your whole life including what dfines your joy and happiness be given to it? Why idolise it so? It clearly isn't worth it, and you know it, just becuase your younger self liked elements of it, doesn't mean you should give yourself wholly to idolising it. Sure you can cherish the good feelings and excitement you got from it, but constnatly giving all your heart over to it because of that feeling especially after later on realising how false it entirely was is not good sense.

It's rather time to leave this behind. sure it wa scool when it was cool, but no ore. It is not worth occupying your affection or worship, it really isn't so just withdraw. Some of yo have liked things like Star Wars and Warcraft for too long you may feel you don't know how to live without constantly leaning on them for emotional defntion and or life satisfaction, even when you see how hollow and silly they really are.

Be brave, go and find real wisdom, real truth and value i more, set your heart on searching for wisdom and truth instead rather than on fake men and fake worlds of the Star Wars or Warcraft universes.

We remember fondly the times we enjoyed, but no longer choose to have our lives or worship locked to these things. Go! Be free from these. Pull down your shrines and and temples to them. Sell your collections or throw them away. Don't leave things that can draw you back into ithem till you can be totally free of their hold on you.

Be brave and take that step. You know it is the right thing to do, you don't stand alone. A whole world, real world is all around you, and their are people who have their eyes open to it, seek them instead. Let wisdom and truth, be what is real in your lives, and let it lead you to that which is truly worthy of your attention,admiration, affection and ultimately you worship.
    I see you don't like fiction.

15+ Year Old Account
    Just watched an hour long spoiler review of the movie and it doesn't sound super good - but decent enough, not TLJ kind of failure.

I won't be able to see the movie for at least 3 weeks so I just decided to check the spoilers, can't be arsed to try to avoid spoilers for that long, it wouldn't be possible anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    That was the biggest verbal diarrhoea I have seen in ages. Seems baity af.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Well, I'm opening my eyes, and becoming real, i've lived what I've written, and understand it because i have been there, if you look at my handle, i've been on this forum and others for 10 years plus, loved many of the things you have, like most of our generation been swept up in them from early childhood, and now as an adult, albeit a younger one, it is becoming quite clear to me, these things really are unwothy, and after having spent so much of my life fascinated witht ehm, and still hanging on long after I realised they were not worth, it is high time I let go, and urge others to.

They will have fond memories when i remember the excitement and rush I felt when I expreinced them, but i foolishly (i now realise) clung o them, far beyond any sensible reasoning. They say it is the dopamine rush you can get from some of these things when they are experienced that causes an addiction, especially when your actual life has hadnothing pleasant enough to create the same effect or experienced a great trauma and these were the first things that were able to return some pleasure to your torment.

But for asmuch as we enjoyed them, I think we can safely say and know very well, that we put them on a pdestal they did not deserve. Humans tend to do that about a lot of things, I've done it with football too before, some do it with pop idols, I am not saying that these isn't anything in existence worth our total admiaration or worship, there is, but it certainnly ins't works of fiction like Star Wrs, warcraft or GoT, they inevitably disappint not because all things go bad, but becuase they were never worthy of the devotion, and expectation we placed on them, and as we focused ont hem,, and gave more of our heart and soul to them, sthe more it became clear they were lacking.. because they were never worthy.

So take a step out, a step back, make a U-turn or 180 from them. Thans for the memorie, be embarassed by the ridiculous amounts of time you spent on it, but now devote your remaining life to it, mos tof us are still young (ish) under 40 or 45, but unless you're terminal or on your deathbed, you have a lot to live for , and if you are terminal or n yourdeathbed, at least try to find real truth, don't die with theis fiction idolised and taking the highest place in your heart, it's not worth it. You know that, I know that.

Rather than get angry and curse a lot of people who've worked very hard on this, and rage at others who disagree with you, "let go", "it's over" It really never was worhty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    That was the biggest verbal diarrhoea I have seen in ages. Seems baity af.
    I'm not getting through to you it seems, your choice. Call my post what you want. It is time to look elsewhere. Those who've been where I am, will know exactly what I mean.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    I'm not getting through to you it seems, your choice. Call my post what you want. It is time to look elsewhere. Those who've been where I am, will know exactly what I mean.
    What are you smoking?
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    What are you smoking?
    Sounds like he's found some cult or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    LOL the leaks..

It's true. All of it.

*grabs popcorn* this is going to be great
    What makes me the saddest was that apparently George Lucas himself had made a cut with 30 minutes of exclusive material that was apparently really good and Kennedy threw that out of the window and didn't even invite him for the premiere.

Screw this pos (of a human and of a movie).

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    What makes me the saddest was that apparently George Lucas himself had made a cut with 30 minutes of exclusive material that was apparently really good and Kennedy threw that out of the window and didn't even invite him for the premiere.

Screw this pos (of a human and of a movie).
    Whether he wasn't invited, or stayed back on his own accord, this is a really poor look. I realise the leaks currently speak for the former.

7+ Year Old Account
    Last edited by Kontinuum; 2019-12-18 at 01:16 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    That's a big yikes. But it was pretty apparent when TFA came out that this wasn't going to end well. George Lucas really shouldn't have sold this franchise. For all the shit we gave him for the prequels, at least that guy had a vision and back then it felt like the Star Wars universe was growing, not shrinking.
    He wanted ep 7-9 to be about midiclorians n their microscopic world, that is even dumber than the shit kathleen.k gave us...

I have absolutely no interest in seeing Episode 9 after the mess the sequels have been through.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    He wanted ep 7-9 to be about midiclorians n their microscopic world, that is even dumber than the shit kathleen.k gave us...
    Actually he didn't. He wanted it to be about the Whills. He was going to delve into Whill lore. The midichlorians are a small part of that lore to the extent that the midichlorians allow people to tap into the Whills power (which is the Force). From what I understand, the Whills were basically gods that tried to do good acts. One of them "fell" and became a fallen Whill and that particular one generated the Dark Side of the Force.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Rotten Tomatoes: 57% — 61%.

*Sips tea*

How shocking..!!

*Sips tea*
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."