Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes: 57% — 61%.

*Sips tea*

How shocking..!!

*Sips tea*
    Joker, Godzilla 2, Venom and Rambo 5 also got mediocre reviews by critics, but got good scores by the fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes: 57% — 61%.

*Sips tea*

How shocking..!!

*Sips tea*
    Damn a lot of people getting added to the Disney no-fly list after this one.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    Ultra conspiracy theory...

Disney purposely made the movies tied to Lucas SW as shitty as possible to destroy his continuing toy rights.
    Disney will then take good SW and pull a Disney vault with them and only sell them once every 10 years.
    I have to say everything is possible when it comes from Disney.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Palp uses force lightning, Rey blocks with 1 lightsaber. Palp claims he has the power of all sith, Rey then claims she has the power of all Jedi. Rey force pulls the other lightsaber on the ground, uses both lightsabers to push back the force lightning. Palpatine dies.

ayy lmao
    lmfao wtf. bahaha
    "I feel bad for Limit , they put in so many hours only to come in second place" - Methodjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    That's a big yikes. But it was pretty apparent when TFA came out that this wasn't going to end well. George Lucas really shouldn't have sold this franchise. For all the shit we gave him for the prequels, at least that guy had a vision and back then it felt like the Star Wars universe was growing, not shrinking.
    You mean TLJ?

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    Joker, Godzilla 2, Venom and Rambo 5 also got mediocre reviews by critics, but got good scores by the fans.
    So did Twilight, Warcraft, and God's Not Dead. Doesn't make it a good movie just because die hard fans will accept whatever tripe is thrown at them.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do not post pirated content here.
    Last edited by Faltemer; 2019-12-18 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathknightish View Post
    It's just funny because TLJ got a HORRIBLE fan score but the party line was "BuT tHe PrOfESsIoNaL rEvIeWeRs LoVeD iT aNd ThEy ArE AlL tHaT mAtTeRs. Now RoS is getting meh reviews at best I keep hearing the opposite argument made.

What in the actual fuck........

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I have absolutely no interest in seeing Episode 9 after the mess the sequels have been through.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually he didn't. He wanted it to be about the Whills. He was going to delve into Whill lore. The midichlorians are a small part of that lore to the extent that the midichlorians allow people to tap into the Whills power (which is the Force). From what I understand, the Whills were basically gods that tried to do good acts. One of them "fell" and became a fallen Whill and that particular one generated the Dark Side of the Force.
    That is somehow better? My farts sound like better ideas...

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    What in the actual fuck........
    Don't worry he will be back for the next trilogy even though he died here!
    Last edited by Fayolynn; 2019-12-18 at 02:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    It's just funny because TLJ got a HORRIBLE fan score but the party line was "BuT tHe PrOfESsIoNaL rEvIeWeRs LoVeD iT aNd ThEy ArE AlL tHaT mAtTeRs. Now RoS is getting meh reviews at best I keep hearing the opposite argument made.
    I almost always go by the opposite as what critics think. Especially in games and movies. Seems to work good so far.

Remember, there's no right or wrong when it comes to movies, games, music etc. What you think is good I might think is bad, and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Galathir View Post
    What makes me the saddest was that apparently George Lucas himself had made a cut with 30 minutes of exclusive material that was apparently really good and Kennedy threw that out of the window and didn't even invite him for the premiere.

Screw this pos (of a human and of a movie).
    The same rumors of that cut also introducing a random new secret skywalker just make me doubt that it was all that good. It might have been less shit-all-over the franchise, but I don't see it being good by any reasonable standart either.

Also .. lol.. so everything we heard was true all along. Ouch. Glad none of my friends has asked so far to see it in cinemas, I think I can wait until it comes in free TV or netflix .
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    You mean TLJ?
    No, I meant what I said. TFA set up the sequel trilogy as a failure as it was basically a remake of Episode 4 that didn't really move the story ahead one bit. Sure, TLJ was dogshit and tried to rewrite the sequel story by doing a complete 180° turn (which was such a fucking insanely horrible decision that I still can't wrap my head around the fact they'd let Rian Johnson do that) but that doesn't change the fact that the foundation was deeply fucked with Episode 7 already. If your premise is basically a remake of the original trilogy, where can you go from there?
    Did Rey at least hunt down all the Horcruxes before she beat Vold- I mean Palpatine in this wizard duel?
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2019-12-18 at 02:38 PM.

When Star Wars turns into the end of a Dragonball fight.
    to funny.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Bruh spoiler tag your post [spoiler] [ / spoiler ]
    Bruh edited already before you responded. might wanna edit your response.

tOtAlLy nOt a mArY sUe tHo sExIsTs!!!1
    Frankly I just don't see how a 2nd light saber would help her here at all. One is enough to already shield her, the rest is just her pushing forward, holding 2 sword or support one with 2 arms seems like a quite equivalent approach here..

- - - Updated - - -

I learned my lesson after watching TLJ to never watch a star wars movie again.
    Eh, a couple of beers and home made popcorn in hand (for throwing) I could see it as a decent social event
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Frankly I just don't see how a 2nd light saber would help her here at all. One is enough to already shield her, the rest is just her pushing forward, holding 2 sword or support one with 2 arms seems like a quite equivalent approach here..
    This looks more epic.
    Seriously. that's it. There is no hidden meaning, the entire point of the scene is to 'look epic'.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I learned my lesson after watching TLJ to never watch a star wars movie again.
    Not really. Critics keep showing that they are so disconnected from actual moviegoers and players. By going with the opposite what they think you usually fall in line with what "real" people, you and me, think of the product.

Why? It's a helpful reminder of how to do it.
    He ment your quote probably, since that one shows without spoiler tag now.