Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 301 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Is pirating enough?
    You are right, I will murder in the name of star wars.

I have no idea how they're going to try to fix the mess the last movie left. Worst of which being Leia.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Know whats funny? According to leaks about the Lucas "what if" version, Disney's and his are almost the same.

Who wants me to buy them a ticket for IX?
    Uh, wasn't his version going to take place in a microverse or some crazy shit like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I'm not even sure I have enough "Welp, I'm in this deep" drive to watch it. Like, what's left to wrap up?

Convert/Kill Ren
    Deal with Huxley and First Empire

That's really it. All the people that could have interesting interactions or had history with the main cast are all dead, so that leaves us with fluff and more shipping wars. And at this point, I'll accept Finn and Poe just because atleast they legitimately seem happy to see each other each time they meet up after the escape.

Also, they are killing Lando. No way in hell they let Lando live if everyone else is dead.
    love Star Wars

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Deal with Huxley and First Empire
    They will probably relegate the destruction of the First Order to a comic book or novel, just like how ANY DETAIL OF ANY IMPORTANCE ABOUT THE FIRST ORDER has been.

I am curious if they are going to expand on the random slave child with force powers, or if they are just going to sweep it under the rug and pretend the scene never happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    They will probably relegate the destruction of the First Order to a comic book or novel, just like how ANY DETAIL OF ANY IMPORTANCE ABOUT THE FIRST ORDER has been.
    Yeah, because Star Wars has NEVER used the Extended Universe to fill in blanks with popular organisations/characters before.

*cough* Mandalorians, Boba Fett, Storm Troopers, Chiss/Thrawn and SO MANY MORE *cough*

Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    I am curious if they are going to expand on the random slave child with force powers, or if they are just going to sweep it under the rug and pretend the scene never happened.
    Neither.

I'm sticking to my theory that this trilogy will end with TRUE balance in the force. Jedi and Sith both ending, and a new order, lead by Kylo and Rey, and filled with new force sensitives (that we now know are out there, because of that kid) who will be taught a middle path. Neither Jedi nor Sith, but taking parts from both sides of the Force. True, ACTUAL Balance, finally.

Also: I was at LFCC last weekend and that kid was there... Walked past his desk a few times during the day and honest to god, I didn't see a single person stop. I felt bad for the little guy XD.
    Last edited by Gallahadd; 2018-08-02 at 06:00 PM.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I'm sticking to my theory that this trilogy will end with TRUE balance in the force. Jedi and Sith both ending, and a new order, lead by Kylo and Rey, and filled with new force sensitives (that we now know are out there, because of that kid) who will be taught a middle path. Neither Jedi nor Sith, but taking parts from both sides of the Force. True, ACTUAL Balance, finally.
    It seems unlikely for several reasons (or if they do, it will just be a bad ending). They're establishing the fact that random people can use skilled force powers with no training. If that's the case, why would there need to be a "neutral" order? People are clearly getting on just fine without a trainer. Sure they can maybe learn more, but they seem to be doing better than supposed "super sensitive" users WITH training.

I don't think you can ever be rid of the Sith. There will always be people who aspire for power through any means. So for "balance" that means you also need the Jedi.

I could see them forming a neutral group of force users that preaches balance and is neither Jedi nor Sith, but I can't see it effectively being the final solution to the force.

It'll be amusing to see how they'll try to redeem the clusterfuck left in their hands by Johnson.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krastyn View Post
    see them forming a neutral groIup of force users that preaches balance and is neither Jedi nor Sith, but I can't see it effectively being the final solution to the force.
    Oh, it wont be the total final solution to everything, but it would be a solid ending to the "Skywalker Saga" which has always been about bringing balance to the Force. They've tried destroying the Sith many times, but it NEVER works, because they can't BE destroyed... But can they be absorbed, and combined with the equally troubled Jedi order to make something in between, that might just have a chance of maintaining some level of balance.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

I'll gladly pirate it.

Yeah, because Star Wars has NEVER used the Extended Universe to fill in blanks with popular organisations/characters before.

*cough* Mandalorians, Boba Fett, Storm Troopers, Chiss/Thrawn and SO MANY MORE *cough*
    So other than the storm troopers (which do get explained in the films) and Boba Fett (who required no explanation) you have a list of things not even mentioned in the films therefore requiring no explanation.

Wow. You sure showed me why a major antagonistic organization that appears to have resources greater than the Empire's doesn't need a proper explanation for existing provided within the actual films.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Man, they just keep on churning out turds like a Wookie that locked himself in the bathroom after a nightlong Burrito binge.
    If only one didn't have to watch it, if one chose not to.

Oh, it wont be the total final solution to everything, but it would be a solid ending to the "Skywalker Saga" which has always been about bringing balance to the Force. They've tried destroying the Sith many times, but it NEVER works, because they can't BE destroyed... But can they be absorbed, and combined with the equally troubled Jedi order to make something in between, that might just have a chance of maintaining some level of balance.
    While they would effectively be making Grey Jedi, it still doesn't really bring a balance. It would teach how to live a balance, but are then then also going to serve as the force police, and fight both Sith and Jedi to maintain balance? "Bringing balance to the force" seems like an impossibility due to the nature of people.

It would also depend if they want to wrap up the "Skywalker saga" or not. I still see the saga as more the struggle of good vs evil (both externally and internally) as well as redemption. Bringing ultimate balance to the force is kind of secondary to that.

Probably get a force-ghost of Leia.

Deleted
    In reality Rey lost halfway through VII but didn't get killed then because she was a experimental child that got abandoned because initially she showed nothing special until now. XIII and parts of VII were mostly a dream or fantasy she had while she was put in a coma to furter experiment on her. After continuing the story for a bit she gets freed and is a lot weaker than in her dreams but those were eerily close to reality and the things she saw help in the real world, making her still somewhat useful.
    The Episode ends with things stabilizing in part thanks to Reys dreams, but not fully solved leaving room for EP X where things get closure.
    TLDR:
    XIII was a dream. But it's close enough to reality that Rey isn't complety useless.
    Also not everyone is a fucking moron now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I have no idea how they're going to try to fix the mess the last movie left. Worst of which being Leia.

Uh, wasn't his version going to take place in a microverse or some crazy shit like that?
    I know what you're referring to. He wanted to explore the things that 'control the Force', which would take place in a microverse of sorts.

Also everything else is the same. A Mylo like character. A Rey like character. A grumpy old exiled Luke. Astral projections. Force using Leia. All of that.

Most of Disney's direction for the franchise since they took it over has been cleaning up the EU. They take stories from the EU or Lucas and meld them into a story that doesn't (less than the EU) contradict itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Neither.

Also: I was at LFCC last weekend and that kid was there... Walked past his desk a few times during the day and honest to god, I didn't see a single person stop. I felt bad for the little guy XD.
    I think Kylo is beyond redemption apart from realizing the error of his ways before he is killed/imprisoned, ended the Skywalker legacy.

I think in 9 we'll see Mylo and fail to resurrect the Sith (under the Rule of One). Rey will create a reformed Jedi Order, getting rid of the stuff that led to their down/creating powerful dark users via proxy.

We'll see a great resurgence of force-senitives. The rule of law in the galaxy is reset as there no more traces of the old Republic, Empire, Sith, New Republic. All of which had their own share of problems.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2018-08-02 at 10:29 PM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I know what you're referring to. He wanted to explore the things that 'control the Force', which would take place in a microverse of sorts.

Also everything else is the same. A Mylo like character. A Rey like character. A grumpy old exiled Luke. Astral projections. Force using Leia. All of that.

Most of Disney's direction for the franchise since they took it over has been cleaning up the EU. They take stories from the EU or Lucas and meld them into a story that doesn't (less than the EU) contradict itself.

- - - Updated - - -

I think Kylo is beyond redemption apart from realizing the error of his ways before he is killed/imprisoned, ended the Skywalker legacy.

I think in 9 we'll see Mylo and fail to resurrect the Sith (under the Rule of One). Rey will create a reformed Jedi Order, getting rid of the stuff that led to their down/creating powerful dark users via proxy.

We'll see a great resurgence of force-senitives.
    yeah, if they were gonna pull a Zuko with Kylo Ren, they shouldve developed more of him drifting to the light side in TLJ and then making the decision to turn away from it.

I think it's too late now.

there are morsels of it of course, and it's likely that's kinda what they wanted to do, but they botched it up pretty hard.

Kylo did have that moment of hesitation in killing Leia - and then the decision was taken from him as some of his own pilots blew up the bridge. So there is that.

But yeah, I think Kylo is irredeemable. I wonder if the main story will be about Rey needing to be a bit more Grey to finally take him out. That the "throwing away of the lightsaber" that Luke did with Vader is really just a fantasy and can't apply generally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Kylo did have that moment of hesitation in killing Leia - and then the decision was taken from him as some of his own pilots blew up the bridge. So there is that.

But yeah, I think Kylo is irredeemable. I wonder if the main story will be about Rey needing to be a bit more Grey to finally take him out. That the "throwing away of the lightsaber" that Luke did with Vader is really just a fantasy and can't apply generally.
    She should be less naive, she has the Jedi books, she knows Luke's opinions of the Jedi (what led to their downfall and why he wanted to end the order), Kylo is the last representative of the faults of the old Jedi. I think she will start a new 'balanced' Jedi Order. One that can better teach students, one that less prone to the arrogance (and ignorance) that led to their down fall. One suited for the modern galaxy and not one from 1000 years ago.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I won't see it in theaters. Maybe I will rent it if I am really bored one night.

TFA wasn't an amazing movie by an means. The overall plot was way too comparative to ANH to ever make it great. However, I think JJ Abrams did a really good job with visuals and crafting each scene to make you legitimately interest in the new characters. I feel like absolutely all of that was throw out the window in TLJ. Instead of making a coherent story, its like the writers sat in the room and came up with "cool ideas" and then very loosely tried tying them all together.