95 15.15%
  • ★★☆☆ [2]

153 24.40%
  • ★★★☆ [3]

167 26.63%
  • ★★★★ [4]

91 14.51%
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    No, the goal was to point out that it is happening. If you think it isn't, you aren't worth arguing with. And frankly, I see I wasted my time with you here. If you are going to not actually understand the subject, don't reply otherwise you are no better than a troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Except in legal documents they define what they mean prior in order to clear up any potential material.

They would go "The canon material of Star Wars beyond the movies, hencefor referred to as the Expanded Universe or EU" is what is included. They don't just start with the acronym unless it is a universally accepted one. Hell, I have seen legal documents that even go out of their way to define those acronyms too to avoid any confusion if the document is ever taken to court.

And for a lot of people EU still applies as another term for Legends (as pretty much it was all the old C-Canon stuff, plus the Star Wars: Clone Wars ... not to be confused with Star Wars: The Clone Wars). So, just throwing around EU will cause confusion, which is why the term is lazy.
    And people being hypocritical morons happens. Don't be so offended that I'm pointing that out.

And I'll reply to all the dumb hot takes and their defenses I please.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    And people being hypocritical morons happens. Don't be so offended that I'm pointing that out.

And I'll reply to all the dumb hot takes and their defenses I please.
    That some serious projecting on your part because you are one getting upset that someone mention that part of the reason people dislike the sequels is sexism.
    That's like getting upset that someone mentioning that we breath air.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

That some serious projecting on your part because you are one getting upset that someone mention that part of the reason people dislike the sequels is sexism.
    That's like getting upset that someone mentioning that we breath air.
    And you're getting upset about me talking about the hypocrisy of people that blame criticism on sexism. The same logic applies to you twisting into knots over what I'm saying.

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    And you're getting upset about me talking about the hypocrisy of people that blame criticism on sexism. The same logic applies to you twisting into knots over what I'm saying.
    I am not upset at all. I am finding it funny that you took someone's words out of context, accused them of something that they didn't do than then project that behavior onto me. If you honestly think that there are some people who dislike the sequel trilogy do so for sexist reasons, you live under a rock ... that was all the original person was pointing out. It was not an accusation, but an observation of behavior they have seen somewhere.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by Nefarious Tea View Post
    Lightsabers as a device more or less follow physics, especially since - despite the name - the blade is actually plasma held in place by a magnetic field. What's unrealistic is what happens when two blades strike each other.
    Um...okay.
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    Correct, that's what I want to say. Referencing the material is the opposite of ignoring the material. Definitions are fun.
    It’s a meaning less distinction to say he technically isn’t ignoring it when all he does is check for names before ignoring all of the actual content like he did With the clones in the prequels.

Same with the canon you can say he never actually used the word but when he says there is no story past Vader’s death and that the EU is another world it’s the same thing as saying it’s not canon.

I am not upset at all. I am finding it funny that you took someone's words out of context, accused them of something that they didn't do than then project that behavior onto me. If you honestly think that there are some people who dislike the sequel trilogy do so for sexist reasons, you live under a rock ... that was all the original person was pointing out. It was not an accusation, but an observation of behavior they have seen somewhere.
    And if you think those people make up any meaningful number of people, you live in seleration from reality.

I wonder why characters like Wonder Woman weren't given the same treatment despite being a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Or you could just call it disney wars or dweu since when most here talk about the eu they are talking about what you term as legends choosing to accept the fever dream stupidity that is the sequel trilogy.
    DEU seems like a good choice.

- - - Updated - - -

I wonder why characters like Wonder Woman weren't given the same treatment despite being a woman.
    I think an apt comparison is if we are watching the last parts of the "Wonder Woman Saga" where there's an existential threat to the galaxy. Wonder Woman says "screw it all", and flies back to Themyscira, and then they introduce, "Bob", a man with no backstory who happens to be more powerful than Wonder Woman and heroically gets out of every situation, repeatedly saves other people, and then saves the whole galaxy while wishing a fond farewell to Wonder Woman while they bury her...'cause she died half way through the story. But thankfully we had Bob to wrap everything up for her.

Oh yeah, forgot to add, after Wonder Woman dies, they name the final chapter The Rise of Wonder Woman, (even though she remains dead), but at the end they finally ask Bob what his name is, and he says, "It's Bob. Bob Wonderwoman", even though he has no relations to Wonder Woman.

I'm guessing next to no one would like Bob, and it wouldn't be because he's a man.
    Last edited by Ragedaug; 2020-01-02 at 04:04 PM.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

And if you think those people make up any meaningful number of people, you live in seleration from reality.

I am yet to see any evidence of all these toxic "manchildren" throwing death threats and insults over having a woman in Star Wars, however what i see is people criticizing Rey for being a shit character only serving to pander to a certain retarded demographic, and i already posted actual proof of the Reylo stans being absolutely fucking unhinged.

It's just the same bullshit lies and narrative we see all the time, and we can see how far Disney's "LGBT representation" goes as they have no problem removing minor lesbian scenes to pander to fucking china.

I'm just stuck on

1. How minor this group must be if the movies still make money and every movie with women leads aren't being brigaded

2. It's ALWAYS brought up anytime someone says something negative about the movie or the characters

I guess I'm just tired of the blatant dance. And the toxicity police never bringing this stuff up when it's been on Twitter for weeks.

I went to the movie and absolutely Loved it, I may actually even go see it again. It was perfect and I enjoyed it more than Episode 1 which was still my favorite SW to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    China has control over what shades of blue must be shown? My gosh...
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Herald of the Titans
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    I went to the movie and absolutely Loved it, I may actually even go see it again. It was perfect and I enjoyed it more than Episode 1 which was still my favorite SW to date.
    Bait much. Pass.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Bait much. Pass.
    I don't see how my opinion is bait. I loved the prequels, they also came out when I was 12 so I hold them in a special place in my heart. I also saw Episode 1 3 times in theatres and one of those times was my first time ever going to a drive in theatre. I don't care about the whole Anakin to darth Vader stuff what I enjoy is the manipulation of Palpatine and the Sith to totally overturn an entire Galaxies ruling body and class and placing himself as the leader/emperor. I did honestly love ROS it hit all the things it needed to for me, I called Palpatine being behind the whole thing from the start and he was and in great fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
    Personally , I would wait until reviews come in before seeing it. They pissed mark hamil off with TLJ. So either there gonna find a way to add him back in or there gonna visit previous stuff before he vanished in episode 8. Like trainig Ren more or what he's been doing prior to meeting her. Either that or there gonna have Luke as a jedi ghost and work that angle. That's usually what happens when jedi vanish. Watch any remarks he says prior to release.
    You can't make your own decisions?

Its odd that the toy iine refers to Palpatine as emperor. i thought the backstory on him was that emperor palpatine was a clone and it died in episode 6. the palpatine we see in episode 9 is the REAL palpatine but he never was emperor. im confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I want the ruins of K'aresh for 9.0 as I envision it as Netherstorm on steroids. A broken, shattered world. Eco-domes are stuck on various chunks to protect flora & fauna. I imagine a K'aresh ocean & maybe some islands contained in an eco dome or a snow-capped peak with some jungle valleys in another. Flesh version of Ethereals that never got altered. Space platforms as in Starcraft. Just a totally fantastic tileset & theme that I'd be very keen to explore. They could do some wild things.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    Pretty clear its fake when they say JJ said: "no business meddling with the creatives”. When you know your entire career relies on nostalgia, mysteries that never get answered, and having other people make things pretty for you I think its safe to assume you know your not a creative.

Also lol: " The next scene was noise as the Falcon was landing and Rey runs over there. Those two women who kissed at the end were visible in this shot and they were holding hands. One of them ran towards the Falcon as it landed."

It's clear this is just someone trying negate all the criticisms of the film and erase them with a mythical JJ cut we will never see.
    Last edited by qwerty123456; 2020-01-02 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dontrelleroosevelt View Post
    You can't make your own decisions?
    The smart descision is actually to wait for reviews before buying something. Only an idiot goes into the shop and buys the first item with the biggest advertisment, that is pretty much the definition of sheeple. Though I'm sure your lame attempt at an insult over 4 months after he made the post and 2 weeks after the movie came out will carry alot of weight.

- - - Updated - - -

Its odd that the toy iine refers to Palpatine as emperor. i thought the backstory on him was that emperor palpatine was a clone and it died in episode 6. the palpatine we see in episode 9 is the REAL palpatine but he never was emperor. im confused.
    Afaik he is supposed to be the Palpatine that was the emperor. The part you are supposed to ignore is how he survived being disintegrated in the reactor core.

The only thing Abrams understands less than "space" is highschool physics and byond in general.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

If he created a clone of himself why wouldn't he just transfer his essence into it? There would be no need for Rey.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragedaug View Post
    DEU seems like a good choice.

- - - Updated - - -

I think an apt comparison is if we are watching the last parts of the "Wonder Woman Saga" where there's an existential threat to the galaxy. Wonder Woman says "screw it all", and flies back to Themyscira, and then they introduce, "Bob", a man with no backstory who happens to be more powerful than Wonder Woman and heroically gets out of every situation, repeatedly saves other people, and then saves the whole galaxy while wishing a fond farewell to Wonder Woman while they bury her...'cause she died half way through the story. But thankfully we had Bob to wrap everything up for her.

Oh yeah, forgot to add, after Wonder Woman dies, they name the final chapter The Rise of Wonder Woman, (even though she remains dead), but at the end they finally ask Bob what his name is, and he says, "It's Bob. Bob Wonderwoman", even though he has no relations to Wonder Woman.

I'm guessing next to no one would like Bob, and it wouldn't be because he's a man.

I dont understand why anyone freaks over star wars trilogies. Literally all of them are carbon copies of the first trilogy. Some new irrelevant person is the savior of all.. Previously irrelevant person fails even though they think they succeeded. New big bad comes to play. New savior. The latest trilogy actually completed a story and a side triumphed.. At least it has that going for it.. As a whole, the 9 skywalker movies were all pretty great imo. They had their negatives as do all movies..

everyone is a critic.