Page 46 of 54 FirstFirst ...
36
44
45
46
47
48
... LastLast
  1. #901
    And your question is a bit ridiculous. There are a number of reasons random fans can't just make their own Star Wars movie. The biggest one being the IP is OWNED BY DISNEY. So there's no chance of a fan made movie ever getting released. Second biggest issue is money, but that hurdle could be surpassed using crowd funding I suppose which leads back to DISNEY OWNING THE IP.
    I should have specified - if someone thinks they're a better writer/director or whatever, create their own stories/IP. Obviously they can't do anything Star Wars related for profit. I am just very tired of the '______ sucks I could do so much better' people who say all this from their sofa's (while in sweatpants, eating microwaved food)

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Avengerx View Post
    I'm sorry but a time/resource/cost trade-off of what? You have a Star Destroyer, costing huge amounts of money, tons of people on it, small fighter craft etc...now all of this can be destroyed by just ramming any ship into it at lightspeed. Could even be remote controlled. Just hit the bridge of a STD and it's game over (like the Executor in RotJ). Steal a random cargo freighter, and just bam. If that's not resource efficient then I don't know what is.
    Resistance members should be used to guerilla tactics so this should be kind of a no brainer for them.
    You do realize they'll eventually run out of ships, right?

  2. #902
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHotz View Post
    I should have specified - if someone thinks they're a better writer/director or whatever, create their own stories/IP. Obviously they can't do anything Star Wars related for profit. I am just very tired of the '______ sucks I could do so much better' people who say all this from their sofa's (while in sweatpants, eating microwaved food)
    Someone very seriously said in one thread that it would have been easy to adapt the Thrawn trilogy….with CGI replacing the big three. Another said that they just had to put the original actors there. It's pretty pathetic at one point, that denial of reality.

    I read most of the EU. Each book, except for the Thrawn novels, half the fanbase screamed it was an outrage and removed them from ''THEIR'' canon.
    Last edited by sarahtasher; 2019-04-15 at 03:42 PM.

  3. #903
    Old God Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    I read most of the EU. Each book, except for the Thrawn novels, half the fanbase screamed it was an outrage and removed them from ''THEIR'' canon.
    I liked the one with the zombie tree even though it was so silly.

  4. #904
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I think what confuses me the most about Phasma is how much they talk her up and how they were like omg we got Gwendoline Christie to be in the movie. And then she proceeded to absolutely nothing except be a big joke.
    Yup. I have to assume that was because they thought that would make her this trilogy's Boba Fett. Like just talking her up would make her handful of lame scenes amazing.

    It's a shame really, Phasma could have been awesome.

  5. #905
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Yup. I have to assume that was because they thought that would make her this trilogy's Boba Fett. Like just talking her up would make her handful of lame scenes amazing.

    It's a shame really, Phasma could have been awesome.
    Question, what did Boba Fett in the OT, short of ''having a cool costume'' ? He got owned by a blind guy.

  6. #906
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    17,601
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Yup. I have to assume that was because they thought that would make her this trilogy's Boba Fett. Like just talking her up would make her handful of lame scenes amazing.

    It's a shame really, Phasma could have been awesome.
    As lame as she is she's already done twice more than Boba did in the movies.

  7. #907
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Question, what did Boba Fett in the OT, short of ''having a cool costume'' ? He got owned by a blind guy.
    I totally agree. I don't think there's a logical explanation for why Boba Fett became so popular. Hell, his first appearance is as arguably lame as his last (Star Wars Holiday Special - if you haven't seen it, check it out... if you dare)

    And I think that's part of why Phasma was such a flop. There is no formula to follow to get a character the same traction as Fett because Fett becoming a big deal is completely random in the first place.

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    As lame as she is she's already done twice more than Boba did in the movies.
    Lol yup.

  8. #908
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I don't know why they would assume they wouldn't be tracked since tracking has been a thing since A New Hope came out. Just another example of a bad script.
    This is blatantly false. The movie goes out of its way to tell people that tracking through hyperspace has never been done and was theoretical until that moment. Can you show examples otherwise?



    As for the Battlefront II storyline - is that game canon? Is there anywhere I can read up on that plot? I wasn't even aware that game had a campaign.

  9. #909
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is blatantly false. The movie goes out of its way to tell people that tracking through hyperspace has never been done and was theoretical until that moment. Can you show examples otherwise?



    As for the Battlefront II storyline - is that game canon? Is there anywhere I can read up on that plot? I wasn't even aware that game had a campaign.
    It was explained in the old EU (Rogue Squadron novels) and in the new canon Tarkin novel, and confirmed in technical books (Please note that obviously, some sort of tracking device that work in hyperspace exist, hello A New Hope)

    This is essentially like early ENIGMA breaking devices. It's using brute force (that is, the computer revise all possible destinations one by one, presumably in a 4-D analogue map) to determine the most probable destination, AKA navigation computers calculate the most likely vectors based on speed, heading, fuel reserves and the like. Presumably the Dark Side of the Force can help making an educated guess the correct one.

  10. #910
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    17,601
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    This is blatantly false. The movie goes out of its way to tell people that tracking through hyperspace has never been done and was theoretical until that moment. Can you show examples otherwise?



    As for the Battlefront II storyline - is that game canon? Is there anywhere I can read up on that plot? I wasn't even aware that game had a campaign.
    Battlefront 2 is 100% canon. I'd even speculate that the only reason the singleplayer campaign is even in the game was because of Disney wanting to tell the story.

    It gives you a rough idea on how the First Order was started, how it reinforced its army, and how the Resistance has allies in the Outer Rim.

    The First Order isn't just a bunch of Neo-Imperial fanatics. They were a contingency plan put in place by Sidious in the event of his defeat.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It was explained in the old EU (Rogue Squadron novels) and in the new canon Tarkin novel, and confirmed in technical books (Please note that obviously, some sort of tracking device that work in hyperspace exist, hello A New Hope)

    This is essentially like early ENIGMA breaking devices. It's using brute force (that is, the computer revise all possible destinations one by one, presumably in a 4-D analogue map) to determine the most probable destination, AKA navigation computers calculate the most likely vectors based on speed, heading, fuel reserves and the like. Presumably the Dark Side of the Force can help making an educated guess the correct one.
    I haven't read Tarkin so I don't know what kind of tracking was in it. The tracking in TLJ was from a 'black project' on Scariff. The Imperials that became the First Order took the technology with them were hiding. The project along with Starkiller was mentioned in Rogue One.

  11. #911
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    You could agrue that starwars is far lessed milked then in the past where the eu was polluted with 100’s of comics books and games that messed the canon up to all hell. The only differance has been more movies coming out while the other material has been slowed to try and stay in canon.
    id rather have the infinity better story that the eu produced than the pure fucking garbage that is disney wars.

    When your sites will told you that Kathleen Kennedy is the cause of ISIS, you will believe them.
    No but shes the one directing the awfull direction of the story and pushing her feminist bullshit.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Someone very seriously said in one thread that it would have been easy to adapt the Thrawn trilogy….with CGI replacing the big three. Another said that they just had to put the original actors there. It's pretty pathetic at one point, that denial of reality.

    I read most of the EU. Each book, except for the Thrawn novels, half the fanbase screamed it was an outrage and removed them from ''THEIR'' canon.
    This is the same fanbase that fucking bullied lucas into selling. The thing about the EU novels was the built universe and story. We had the timeline gaps for the most part filled in. We wernt missing 30 years. we had mechanics explained. We didnt have a cucked luke.

  12. #912
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Battlefront 2 is 100% canon. I'd even speculate that the only reason the singleplayer campaign is even in the game was because of Disney wanting to tell the story.

    It gives you a rough idea on how the First Order was started, how it reinforced its army, and how the Resistance has allies in the Outer Rim.

    The First Order isn't just a bunch of Neo-Imperial fanatics. They were a contingency plan put in place by Sidious in the event of his defeat.
    Did not expect to stumble on a reason to play Battlefront 2 in this thread. Is the first one canon as well?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    No but shes the one directing the awfull direction of the story and pushing her feminist bullshit.
    TLJ is about as feminist as the sandwich I had from Subway today. I guess if you look hard enough, you can find your alleged "feminist bullshit" in both.

  13. #913
    Old God Daemos daemonium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    10,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    id rather have the infinity better story that the eu produced than the pure fucking garbage that is disney wars.

    well good news its still there as well as what id say is superior new eu that they are making outside of the movies.

  14. #914
    The Insane PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Upside Down
    Posts
    17,601
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    Did not expect to stumble on a reason to play Battlefront 2 in this thread. Is the first one canon as well?

    - - - Updated - - -


    The first one is based on canon in that battles happened on the maps in the game.

    Playing 2 for the story wasn't worth it a launch. Worth it at ~$20 or just watching a synopsis on YouTube.

  15. #915
    Titan Gallahadd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Beyond the 1% barrier.
    Posts
    13,345
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrlaan View Post
    TLJ is about as feminist as the sandwich I had from Subway today. I guess if you look hard enough, you can find your alleged "feminist bullshit" in both.
    I mean... People complained that RDR2 was a SJW/Feminist game... I think these days, that word has pretty much lost ALL it's meaning.

    Another one that gets hilariously overused is "Mary Sue". One of the many insults lobbed at Rey (and by extension, Disney Wars) that collapse the moment you actually look at it.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

    Blog Twenty Five is live! In which I list our Spotify playlists, and try to get you to listen to them!

    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/25-blog-25

  16. #916
    I care about two things from this trailer:

    1. Lando
    2. Palpatine's maniacal laughter

    Which is two steps up from previously only looking forward to one thing in the entire movie: Leia's scenes.

    So now that they are three things in total I may actually buy a ticket, idk.

    ^Disney turned me into this from a hardcore fan who knows most lines from all 6 Lucas movies, knew the expanded universe, played all games.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2019-04-16 at 12:40 AM.

  17. #917
    Man, yeah, looks like I need to buy BF2. Gross.

  18. #918
    Anti-Trekker's expert breakdown:


    - - - - - - - - - - - - - Druid / Steam / MyAnimeList / IMDB - - - - - - - - - - - -

  19. #919
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I mean... People complained that RDR2 was a SJW/Feminist game... I think these days, that word has pretty much lost ALL it's meaning.

    Another one that gets hilariously overused is "Mary Sue". One of the many insults lobbed at Rey (and by extension, Disney Wars) that collapse the moment you actually look at it.
    They brought the Rey being a Mary Sue on themselves. Every fucking thing in that first movie is just shit that was taken from the originals and "improved" on. The new new death star has a magic missile laser that shoots multiple planets at once, Rey is poorer than Luke was as well as a better pilot and seemingly better at the force, the new R2-D2 is even smaller and cuter than the original, the new Yoda is older and quirkier than Yoda, etc....

  20. #920
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    They brought the Rey being a Mary Sue on themselves. Every fucking thing in that first movie is just shit that was taken from the originals and "improved" on. The new new death star has a magic missile laser that shoots multiple planets at once, Rey is poorer than Luke was as well as a better pilot and seemingly better at the force, the new R2-D2 is even smaller and cuter than the original, the new Yoda is older and quirkier than Yoda, etc....
    Yeah, and then in the second movie, she didn't do anything except move some rocks at the very end... Wait, she fought Snoke's guards and didn't get roflstomped. Nevermind. MARY SUE!!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •