Poll: Rate the movie STAR WARS™: The Rise of Skywalker™

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Canon and thinking? You can't be serious.

These people who take over franchises don't care about either, all they care about is looking or sounding cool without putting any effort into it actually making any sense. Because like sequel trilogy is fond of saying, kill the past. (Unless you're trying to milk it with a trailer that primarily just shows the past because they're trying to pander to the same people they just said "fuck you, we don't need you" to, but in reality they desperately need)
    The old canon also had hypserspace so they could have very well have took it directly form the EU which is rather likely.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    words.
    I've never actually gone though the novels of the prequels are they worth it? and do they count as cannon?

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Question:
    Do you think this movie will outgross Titanic and Avatar? [Not Endgame.]
    Not a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    As far as saber fights go lean more towards short and sweet, the fight between arrcan and thaxen while only a few strikes beat out most of the movie fights for me as it’s simple and to the point while also have a ton of emotion in it.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=78UmwJgOQyU

I really wish we could get a movie in this style.
    Just five-second fight scenes?

I've never actually gone though the novels of the prequels are they worth it? and do they count as cannon?
    Not since Disney officially announced they were wiping the entire EU clean, and only the films were canon. Not sure if they ever added that the Clone Wars CGI series were canon too but my understanding was, all the novels and books became non-canon.

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/star...rse-not-canon/

“In order to give maximum creative freedom to the filmmakers and also preserve an element of surprise and discovery for the audience, Star Wars Episodes VII-IX will not tell the same story told in the post-Return of the Jedi Expanded Universe. While the universe that readers knew is changing, it is not being discarded. Creators of new Star Wars entertainment have full access to the rich content of the Expanded Universe. For example, elements of the EU are included in [upcoming animated series] Star Wars Rebels.”

Doesn't address novels tied to the prequel trilogy which is canon, but I wouldn't bet on it since they weren't written by Lucasfilm, were they? If so then I'd guess they're canon.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Just five-second fight scenes?
    yup short and sweet with more emotional impact then actual impact.

The Revenge of the Sith novel is worth reading because you get to see Anakin's inner monologue just before he turns. It's no longer considered canon though because he has no thoughts of Ahsoka which it should now obviously feature strongly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Not since Disney officially announced they were wiping the entire EU clean, and only the films were canon. Not sure if they ever added that the Clone Wars CGI series were canon too but my understanding was, all the novels and books became non-canon.
    Depends. There are prequel novels and comics that are canon. Some people get confused and lump post-Disney prequel novels with the EU. Example, Dark Disciples prequel thats canon.

Clone Wars is canon. Novels related Clone Wars are canon, ie Dark Disciples, kind of the final season of CW through the eyes of Asajji and Quinlin Voss.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    The Revenge of the Sith novel is worth reading because you get to see Anakin's inner monologue just before he turns. It's no longer considered canon though because he has no thoughts of Ahsoka which it should now obviously feature strongly.
    I’ll have to add them to my list of books to get when I’m done with 40k. More starwars is almost always a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think movie novelations are canon as long as they dont contradict other canon. Its just like a lot of things SW, Ashoka was added afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I think movie novelations are canon as long as they dont contradict other canon. Its just like a lot of things SW, Ashoka was added afterward.
    This one was specifically declared non-canon by someone at Lucasfilm (I think it was Dave Filoni) due to the absence of thoughts of Ahsoka.

edit: It was Pablo Hidalgo
    Last edited by Aurrora; 2019-09-15 at 06:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Depends. There are prequel novels and comics that are canon. Some people get confused and lump post-Disney prequel novels with the EU. Example, Dark Disciples prequel thats canon.

Clone Wars is canon. Novels related Clone Wars are canon, ie Dark Disciples, kind of the final season of CW through the eyes of Asajji and Quinlin Voss.
    So everything connected to the films' timeline and its significant events, but nothing prior to The Phantom Menace or what was back then beyond Return of the Jedi.

10+ Year Old Account
    This one was specifically declared non-canon by someone at Lucasfilm (I think it was Dave Filoni) due to the absence of thoughts of Ahsoka.

edit: It was Pablo Hidalgo
    That's Interesting. I pretty much default to Hidalgo when there's questions regarding canon. I'm interested in what IX says about grey Jedi since he is against that idea.

The idea of Jedi fighting the fight in their mind kind of reminds me of Jet Li's Hero, in the first fight scene with Donnie Yen, where they just sit there contemplating the fight while some music plays, and the fight ends up being fairly short itself.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Same. I recently played though both Kotor, and now I'm playing Swtor, as a single player RPG and the story is solid. Sadly, people complained about them taking the MM part, out of MMO, so don't expect anything more like that.

Yeah, Swtor is fun as a game... but characters like the Hero of Tython etc should be ignored for canon reasons. They're just too strong.
    Even inside canon things are questionable. I love the Imp Agent storyline to death. But Jadus is supposed to be second to the Emperor in power. Yet you beat him in Chapter 1. With a gun. And no force powers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Even inside canon things are questionable. I love the Imp Agent storyline to death. But Jadus is supposed to be second to the Emperor in power. Yet you beat him in Chapter 1. With a gun. And no force powers.
    Basically all the playable characters are broken beyond belief, regardless of class.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Basically all the playable characters are broken beyond belief, regardless of class.
    always seemed nonsense to me, with the amount of power the swtor jedi/sith are at no none force user would last more then a second.

stuff like this is so silly

5+ Year Old Account
    always seemed nonsense to me, with the amount of power the swtor jedi/sith are at no none force user would last more then a second.

Well KotFE was basically Bioware's attempt to make a shounen anime.

Dude...that's just gameplay. There's a Dragon Ball fighting game out right now where characters like Krillin, Videl, and Yamcha fight at the same level as characters like SSJB Vegito, Jiren, and Fused Zamasu. Compromises have to be made if you want to make a game that's even slightly interesting or balanced.

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF is that UI... Damn.

And yeah, but you have to remember, at the end of the day, Swtor is still a game. They can't have the character just get brutally murdered, because people would complain. So they have to work around it, and then you get Troopers and Agents that are suddenly capable of fighting on par with high tier force users... because.. They just kinda do, because.

Well KotFE was basically Bioware's attempt to make a shounen anime.
    I really wish this wasn't so accurate...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Dude...that's just gameplay. There's a Dragon Ball fighting game out right now where characters like Krillin, Videl, and Yamcha fight at the same level as characters like SSJB Vegito, Jiren, and Fused Zamasu. Compromises have to be made if you want to make a game that's even slightly interesting or balanced.
    Not the game play part that’s fine the cut scene part where he gets shot and says don’t touch me. Couldn’t find a vid with just that.

- - - Updated - - -

WTF is that UI... Damn.

And yeah, but you have to remember, at the end of the day, Swtor is still a game. They can't have the character just get brutally murdered, because people would complain. So they have to work around it, and then you get Troopers and Agents that are suddenly capable of fighting on par with high tier force users... because.. They just kinda do, because.

I really wish this wasn't so accurate...
    I remember playing though it as an inquisitor and it all seemed legit. When I got to that part I wondered if it was different for none forced users so I looked it up and was surprised they changed so little. I would have expected them to have made the none force sensitive classes pull on the emperors power a lot more.

Though the idea of the emperor losing to a smuggler on the force mind scale at the end is even sillier. I’d guess the Jedi Knight is Proabbly the canon character to do both the expans.